Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project CARS delayed...AGAIN!

+3
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Project CARS delayed...AGAIN! Empty Project CARS delayed...AGAIN!

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:40 pm

The only game I'm even interested in right now.  F^%K.

PROJECT CARS RELEASE DATE MOVES TO MAY 2015
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Project CARS delayed...AGAIN! Empty Re: Project CARS delayed...AGAIN!

Post by Atrum Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:13 pm

I appreciate them wanting a solid product but... "targetting Mid May" Sad
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:19 pm

Yeah, it's getting to be crazy at this point.  Sad day.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:24 pm

I've had my suspicions for a while that the Xbox One is holding development back.  Considering there have been no videos of Xbox One footage since October and lots of PS4 and PC footage.  They'll never come out and say it's the Xbox One hampering things but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are just having a hard time getting it all to work with the inferior hardware.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:26 pm

I'd say if this game comes out before August we will be lucky.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:19 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I've had my suspicions for a while that the Xbox One is holding development back.  Considering there have been no videos of Xbox One footage since October and lots of PS4 and PC footage.  They'll never come out and say it's the Xbox One hampering things but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are just having a hard time getting it all to work with the inferior hardware.

Not to get all hardware geek on you... but that's just inaccurate man.
The architecture stacks up so that things pan out like this:
XBO CPU performs slightly better (around 10%)
PS4 GPU performs slightly better (again, around 10%)
PS4 RAM looks better on paper, but the way the systems allocate RAM there ends up being about 0.5 extra GBs available for use on the XBO. That and the XBO reserves 5GBs for devs whereas PS4 reserves 4.5.

Summary: The systems have the same overall power. PS4 has better RAM bandwidth [DDR5 vs DDR3] but we probably only really see that utilized with better frame rates for some games.
That being said, the differences you see will be how game developers choose to utilize different portions of the hardware.

The videos we've seen are from PS4/PC. Maybe the lower CPU performance is causing GUI/load issues? Conversely, maybe the XBO smaller RAM bandwidth is causing some visual stuttering in game that requires further tweaks.

Really, none of that would be a factor at this point in the dev process. When they're this far along, they're generally encountering bugs/glitches that are unrelated to system performance - just coding defects they didnt' catch or anticipate before.

#EndRant
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:45 pm

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I've had my suspicions for a while that the Xbox One is holding development back.  Considering there have been no videos of Xbox One footage since October and lots of PS4 and PC footage.  They'll never come out and say it's the Xbox One hampering things but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are just having a hard time getting it all to work with the inferior hardware.

Not to get all hardware geek on you... but that's just inaccurate man.
The architecture stacks up so that things pan out like this:
XBO CPU performs slightly better (around 10%)
PS4 GPU performs slightly better (again, around 10%)
PS4 RAM looks better on paper, but the way the systems allocate RAM there ends up being about 0.5 extra GBs available for use on the XBO. That and the XBO reserves 5GBs for devs whereas PS4 reserves 4.5.

Summary: The systems have the same overall power. PS4 has better RAM bandwidth [DDR5 vs DDR3] but we probably only really see that utilized with better frame rates for some games.
That being said, the differences you see will be how game developers choose to utilize different portions of the hardware.

The videos we've seen are from PS4/PC. Maybe the lower CPU performance is causing GUI/load issues? Conversely, maybe the XBO smaller RAM bandwidth is causing some visual stuttering in game that requires further tweaks.

Really, none of that would be a factor at this point in the dev process. When they're this far along, they're generally encountering bugs/glitches that are unrelated to system performance - just coding defects they didnt' catch or anticipate before.

#EndRant

While I understand that there's got to be a reason that the Xbox One is constantly getting lower resolution games than the PS4.  If both machines had equal computing power wouldn't they both be getting the same quality games when released on both consoles?  Not to say is a HUGE difference but it's a difference.  Just like with Battlefield Hardline...PS4 is 900p while the XB1 is 720p.

You're much smarter than me when it comes the tech but the final numbers when games are released just tell me the XB1 is inferior.  Are devs just not smart enough to figure out how to get all the power from the Xbox One as compared to the PS4?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:56 pm

That falls in to playing to each consoles strengths. PS4 has a stronger GPU so they're able to more easily push higher resolutions, the DDR5 RAM also helps there. For the more CPU intensive calculations you'll see the XBO have more impressive results. These aren't as noticeable as CPU tends to handle things like physics, AI, collision detection, etc.

So for media outlets, it's really easy to pull the "900p 60fps" line for PS4 and have everyone jump as it being superior. For the actual gameplay elements, you'll notice smoother performance with better physics, collisions, reactions, etc on the XBO.

Orrrr they could have just been paid boatloads of $$ by Sony to have it be 900p so they could use that in marketing lol. I'm sure MS would do (or has done) the same thing before. Very Happy
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Found this article on True Achievements. Near the end they say

"To compensate for all of the delays, players will receive free content on day one, although what that content will be has not yet been revealed."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:16 pm

ConsciousEntity wrote:Found this article on True Achievements. Near the end they say

"To compensate for all of the delays, players will receive free content on day one, although what that content will be has not yet been revealed."

My complete guess is that it will be the DLC originally planned for April and May...or just April depending on when the game actually comes out.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:01 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
ConsciousEntity wrote:Found this article on True Achievements. Near the end they say

My complete guess is that it will be the DLC originally planned for April and May...or just April depending on when the game actually comes out.

lol. That's probably true. "Well, we delayed so long that we were able to finish the DLC content so uh... here you go!" Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:28 pm

i did not know this game was made by blizzard XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:55 am

Whenever it drops, I'm prepared. My seat is ready. Wheel, shifter pedals have all been swapped to PS4 compatible hardware. I have a week of vacation set aside. The only thing left is a release date. Delayed or not, I'm still drooling over this one.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote:Whenever it drops, I'm prepared.

The UK Playstation Store just put up a May 7th release date so that means the 12th is likely over here assuming they are going to launch like they were previously.  It's the first time there's been a Playstation or Xbox One digital pre-order up on their stores so I'm thinking they've been given the go-ahead to list it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Good to see that Apex with be on the PS4. Just wouldn't feel right racing without you. I might be able to eek out some vacation days then too. I've got 20 vacation days with the university and so I probably won't use any until then. Great to not have "PTO" that's both sick and vacation days.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down