Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members

+2
S7 Sticky
OneBadHuskerFan
6 posters

Go down

Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members Empty Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Just noticed it was on sale this weekend and I think it ends tonight so I went ahead and picked it up.  That's a lot of games for $36.

Ultimate Game Sale 2015 – Weekend Bonus Offers
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members Empty Re: Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:51 pm

even at the full 60 bucks price it was worth it for all the co op now once they fix matchmaking it will be even better
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members Empty Re: Halo: MCC on sale for $36 for gold members

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Yeah, I've just been trying to keep to my budget lately so I've not spent much on games so far this year.  At $36 I just couldn't pass it up.  I only ever played Halo 1 and honestly don't remember any of it at this point so the whole collection will be basically new to me.  Should be enough to keep me busy until Project CARS comes out.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Yeah, I've just been trying to keep to my budget lately so I've not spent much on games so far this year.  At $36 I just couldn't pass it up.  I only ever played Halo 1 and honestly don't remember any of it at this point so the whole collection will be basically new to me.  Should be enough to keep me busy until Project CARS comes out.
I've been playing Halo quite a bit lately getting back into it. Throw me an inv if you see me online.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:47 am

I picked it up this weekend as well. I mainly want to play the campaigns again, but might dabble in some MP too.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:46 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote: I only ever played Halo 1 and honestly don't remember any of it at this point so the whole collection will be basically new to me. 
Well you will certainly have a blast. I haven't really gone back to solo since I completed them all when they first came out (including Reach and ODST's campaign and all levels of Firefight which aren't included). Collected all skulls, terminals etc. Seems like such a task going back to do the same thing all over again Mad . I just wanted mostly to play MP this time. That's not working as it should now, but will be soon. I'll still jump in with you and Atrum to run CO-OP if you need a third.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am

@ Klown, I'm just finishing Halo 1 and it's a blast. It's a lot prettier now, the reworked art is great.
It also really makes you appreciate the advances to health indication. I forgot how in Halo CE you just kinda die randomly when X amount of damage hits you. Modern Halo you get a big shield pop, beeping gets louder, redness on screen, etc.
That and the campaign is fun to blow through (even the Library wasn't as bad)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 am

Switching back and forth between the original and remastered on CE is a crazy stark contrast.  While playing the remastered I was thinking "oh this doesn't look all that great," then switch to the original and get blown away by how basic it was.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 pm

AtrumX wrote:@ Klown, I'm just finishing Halo 1 and it's a blast. It's a lot prettier now, the reworked art is great.
It also really makes you appreciate the advances to health indication. I forgot how in Halo CE you just kinda die randomly when X amount of damage hits you. Modern Halo you get a big shield pop, beeping gets louder, redness on screen, etc.
That and the campaign is fun to blow through (even the Library wasn't as bad)
Yeah, but if you remember the first time we all ran through Halo 1-4 collecting skulls and all it was to unlock armor for MP, etc.
But now that everything is already unlocked and I've been through all chapters it's hard to get myself motivated to run through again. I mean I have no joyous feelings about facing the flood again Mad Evil or Very Mad

I think it was me, AirCav and UC doing the flood mission (Halo 3) and we were up until 5:30am Sunday morning or something.
It was unbelievable! UC kept saying he was ready for bed. Priceless!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Ha, sounds like Charles. And I do have to admit, the flood is a massive pain in the @ss.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down