Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Movie Thread

+4
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
S7 MCampbell
S7 mrmiller
8 posters

Go down

Random Movie Thread Empty Random Movie Thread

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 am

I know we talked about Boondock Saints somewhere, but I cant seem to find it and the search isn;t turning anything up.

I finally caught Boondock Saints 2, and I actually liked it. It has some issues, and they try to make too many jokes that turn it into a campy movie, bit I think that is what it's supposed to be. I mean, the action can be extreme, the super slow-mo and off angle camera work, the acting (and accents) over the top, the blatant comedy, and he tale-tale story of revenge (which has nice twist) is all what you would expect from a campy action movie. Once I got past the whole "its not like the first movie" I really enjoyed it. I started off thinking that it was pretty weak, but by the end of the movie I really enjoyed it. Not what I was expecting for sure.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Random Movie Thread Empty Re: Random Movie Thread

Post by S7 MCampbell Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:43 am

Here is another movie its called Blood and Bone and it has Michael Jai White if you remember he played in the movie "Spawn" here is a clip of the opening scene when he takes out Kimbo Slice.

This is really a good martial arts movie if you ask me one of the best I have seen in a long time. Just take a look at the scenes from this youtube clip and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeMxheFFFd0&feature=related

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 am

Gonna have to check out that blood and bone flick, I watched black dynamite a couple weeks ago, pretty d@mn funny it's got some classic one liners and reminds me a lot if I'm gonna getya sucka, classic b movie stuff. Btw skip the last universal soldier
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am

That Blood and Bones movie looks pretty decent. I don't mind a cheap movie, especially if it's martial arts. I am a big kung fu fan. I love it all, especially some of the older stuff. If you can find some of the big names before they got big you get some real gems. Jackie Chan, Jet Li etc... Go find some of their early work and it's better than anything they do now.

The movies might not be as good but the fighting is amazing. Low budget, no wires, no special effects, just amazing martial artist doing what they do best. Good stuff.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

S7 MCampbell wrote:Here is another movie its called Blood and Bone and it has Michael Jai White if you remember he played in the movie "Spawn" here is a clip of the opening scene when he takes out Kimbo Slice.

This is really a good martial arts movie if you ask me one of the best I have seen in a long time. Just take a look at the scenes from this youtube clip and see for yourself.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeMxheFFFd0&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeMxheFFFd0&feature=related[/quote[/url]]
Wow that is a good one! I kinda feel like I've already seen the movie now though - that video probably had all the best scenes.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 am

Netflix has shipped me the BluRay for Fist of Legend! Maybe my favorite Jet Li movie. I know its sacrilege, but I still think it's better than the Chinese Connection.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Fist of Legend is epic. A great example of what I was just talking about.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Fist of legend IS the best jet li pic IMO, but when you need to kick every mother f!cker in the room ass, Bruce Lee your man, you need to watch Chinese connection after fist and reevalute , fist gets a little slow IMO, enter the dragon = best MA movie ever IMO
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jeezy Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 pm

If you enjoyed Boondock Saints 2 Miller, you will really like the first movie. Also, look up actor Tony Jaa for some really good martial arts movies. The Protector and Ong Bak are classics.
S7 Jeezy
S7 Jeezy
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Jeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 am

S7 Jeezy wrote:If you enjoyed Boondock Saints 2 Miller, you will really like the first movie. Also, look up actor Tony Jaa for some really good martial arts movies. The Protector and Ong Bak are classics.

Lots of people are sleep on Tony but yes those are great movies.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:28 am

Indeed. Ong Bak is amazing,
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:48 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Indeed. Ong Bak is amazing,

QFT.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 am

I really like the first Boondock, and is why I sought out the new one. I like Tony Jaa too, and all of his movies are entertaining. None of them are very good "movies" with crappy plots, storylines, and acting, but the Martial Arts (Kung Fu/Mui Tai) is amazing. He still reminds me of a quicker Jackie Chan, with all the acrobatics. I haven’t seen Ong Bak 2 yet, but surely will soon.

To me, Jet Li has some of the best movies, as the storylines and plots are more than just a front for the Kung Fu. That’s why I like Fist of Legend so much, as I think the story of the Japanese/Chinese conflict is fleshed out so well. He has so many good movies from the Once Upon A Time in China series all the way up to Fearless. Fearless might just be my favorite.

I even like his non-traditional Kung Fu stuff like Unleashed and War. I really like War, and think it is very under rated. For pretty much a B-movie, it is really good and one all Statham and Li fans need to catch. Heck, I even like the Forbidden Kingdom, as it’s a good “kids” Kung Fu movie, which is almost a fairy tale with some kick assery!

I still want to catch Warlords as well as the Expendables when it comes out.

Then again, Jet does have some stinkers like The Mummy, and Bruce Lee never made a bad movie. Heck, even Game of Death that was made after Lee died was better than many martial arts movies, let alone garbage like the Mummy 3!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:22 am

I love The Forbidden Kingdom. Maybe a little "kiddy" but he'll I'm just a big kid anyway. Never got to see War but always intended to. I need to go get that one of these days and since you mentioned it, Statham is definitely bad ass. The original Transporter is still one of my favorite action movies of all time.

Wasn't a big fan of Fearless personally. Maybe i just had too high of hopes but i remember being underwhelmed. I own it, so I should probably go watch it again.

Oh and I thought Hero was quite good too.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 pm

I really like the story in Fearless, and Jet Li is one of the better actors when it comes to Martial Arts stars. First off he wants to be the best for the approval of his Father and his peers. He is so self-centered and worshiped as a celebrity, much like a modern day sports star might. Later he has the falling from grace, and changes to become a better person. Then he is redeemed and is a true Hero to the Chinese people, and fights not for his own selfish ego, but for his countrymen and Chinese pride. The plot and character transformation is well done, and much of that is due to Jet Li’s acting, and not just his Kung Fu skills.

One of the few movies I have on HD-DVD.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:41 pm

How bout we add a Movie/TV forum on here. For some reason I thought we had one already
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 pm

S7 Bullet wrote:How bout we add a Movie/TV forum on here. For some reason I thought we had one already

That is what the General Discussion form is for. No need to clutter up the forums with extra sections. I'm all for keeping it as simple as possible.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jeezy Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Jet Li is definitely one of the best. i loved Fearless. The story was written very well and it complimented Li's acting skills. Fist of Legend was my introduction to Jet Li and i really enjoyed it. a definite classic. Another movie in that era that i liked was The Enforcer. The young kid who played Li's son was incredible.
S7 Jeezy
S7 Jeezy
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Jeezy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down