Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dev Notes & Patch 1.015

+3
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Dev Notes & Patch 1.015 Empty Dev Notes & Patch 1.015

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Just figured this deserved a thread of it's own as some of the changes (and upcoming changes) are fairly significant.

Destiny Dev Notes

Patch 1.015 Notes
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Dev Notes & Patch 1.015 Empty Re: Dev Notes & Patch 1.015

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Earth Cave is now muuuucccchhhh worse for farming.

Queens legendaries no longer give ascendant materials.

That's the big news.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Yep, they basically just killed any reason for a leveled up player to even bother with the event.  So much for that surplus of shards I posted about earlier, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Lol yeah... it was nice while it lasted.

In future patches we will see:

Auto rifles get worse at range
Scout Rifles damage increase
Shotgun range decrease
Changes to current exotic weapons (they advise not destroying any you have now)
aaaannnnd
While farming is being cut down, rewards for missions, strikes, etc should be improving.

PS: They are also changing something about the cryptarch. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he'll become less random. It sounds more like the UI will better illustrate how random he can be. Too early to know for sure.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:23 pm

I pretty much like everything I read about.  Sounds like they are hard at work trying to patch and balance the game.  Good.  Keep it up Bungie.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:27 pm

I look forward to an auto rifle nerf - everyone and their brother uses them - who uses scout?  It would be nice to see more diversity in the community's weapon choices.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:27 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I pretty much like everything I read about.  Sounds like they are hard at work trying to patch and balance the game.  Good.  Keep it up Bungie.

Except for the fact that they just nuked their first event of the game 2 days after it came out.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:29 pm

I don't think it was their intention to provide massive amounts of ascendant materials for almost no effort. Same reason they're killing the earth cave. I want better stuff too, clearly that wasn't the intended way  Cool

Seems especially obvious when you can get double the ascendant materials for running 6 earth strikes for Queens missions as you can completing the entire Raid.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:30 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I look forward to an auto rifle nerf - everyone and their brother uses them - who uses scout?  It would be nice to see more diversity in the community's weapon choices.

I'm a fan of scout rifles.  They are my 2nd choice so depending on the amount of the nerf to AR's and the boost to SR's I may change it up a bit.  I feel like an idiot now for spending 150 marks on the vendor AR yesterday now.  Hope they don't overdo it and make them useless.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm

FYI - for those looking for good stuff, do the weekly Nightfall.  Last week I got 11 shards and this week I got an Exotic Auto-Rifle.  Hard event, good rewards.  That's how I like it.

(Plus extra XP/Rep is sweet)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:45 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:FYI - for those looking for good stuff, do the weekly Nightfall.  Last week I got 11 shards and this week I got an Exotic Auto-Rifle.  Hard event, good rewards.  That's how I like it.

(Plus extra XP/Rep is sweet)

I'm not that lucky.  Done the nightfall twice and received normal legendaries both times.  Not complaining because the coins could turn into something nice if the coin guy offers good stuff.  But yeah, there's always that chance for good stuff, I'm just getting worn down by the lack of said exotics that everybody seems to be getting, lol.  Not a piece of raid gear either up to the last boss.  So maybe I'll get lucky if we can beat him.  I'm gonna start throwing sh1t if my luck doesn't change soon though!   Very Happy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:49 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I pretty much like everything I read about.  Sounds like they are hard at work trying to patch and balance the game.  Good.  Keep it up Bungie.

Except for the fact that they just nuked their first event of the game 2 days after it came out.
Also, I wouldn't say they nerf'd it.  Someone with all blues at lvl 20-24 dying to find purples might disagree.  It's just not much use to the higher lvl guys.  A compromise might have been better but I think the intention was to provide purple gear to those in need.  In that sense, it works just fine.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:53 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Also, I wouldn't say they nerf'd it.  Someone with all blues at lvl 20-24 dying to find purples might disagree.  It's just not much use to the higher lvl guys.  A compromise might have been better but I think the intention was to provide purple gear to those in need.  In that sense, it works just fine.

Right, so they do 2 missions, get their 2 purples and are then done with it.  Believe me, it's awesome for lower levels to get their stuff, but there needs to be a reason for EVERYBODY to want to participate.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Also keep in mind that getting shards from those pieces was an EXCELLENT way for lower levels to get those upgrades they need to level up.

People that don't have the time to put into the game like you and me will suffer now that they are back to having to hope for the rare occasion that a shard drops from a public event or they get lucky enough to get a purple they already have and can dismantle it.

This actually hurts lower level people more than it does high level people.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:12 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:I look forward to an auto rifle nerf - everyone and their brother uses them - who uses scout?  It would be nice to see more diversity in the community's weapon choices.

I'm a fan of scout rifles.  They are my 2nd choice so depending on the amount of the nerf to AR's and the boost to SR's I may change it up a bit.  I feel like an idiot now for spending 150 marks on the vendor AR yesterday now.  Hope they don't overdo it and make them useless.

I was actually referring to PVP there - not a lot of scout rifles being used.

I do think it's goofy to make an event that many players will be too high level to enjoy, but I'm not butt hurt about it.  That was going to be ridiculous amounts of shards for little effort and would take away what challenge is left.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:13 pm

What it should do is get those guy up to lvl 26 pretty easily and open up more events for them.  So that's good at least.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 pm

There are set ways to get shards every single day -_-

It doesn't hurt anyone. People are getting legendaries. It's just not free-shards for everyone event anymore. I would have liked to stockpiled 100 shards for future upgrades, but they adjusted it so that's that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Two things I take out of this:
1.) Still able to farm the moon misson and/or do the Mars loop that Kenny and Zak do, thanks Bungie.

2.) The server issue that keeps causing me to drop (code centipede I think) not addressed, thanks Bungie.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Two things I take out of this:
1.) Still able to farm the moon misson and/or do the Mars loop that Kenny and Zak do, thanks Bungie.  

2.) The server issue that keeps causing me to drop (code centipede I think) not addressed, thanks Bungie.  

The mars materials loop? I got around 40 relic iron pretty quickly last night doing that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Well we do the chests in The Hollow, if that's what you're talking about. Event, plenty of guys to kill, and a bunch of chest locations available in there. You should get around 10 relic iron per rotation. Thumbs start to hurt after a while though.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

I wish the treasure cave, Queen's Wrath shards, and other "easy farming" exploits never existed. Yes I took advantage of them, but only because everyone else was and otherwise I would fall behind and not be able to raid. MMOs are supposed to be difficult and the gear should be very rare, everyone expecting legendaries and exotics just from playing a bit should try playing other games where it can take hundreds of hours to get good gear. It sucks that the game is about two weeks old and I feel like I barely have any room for improvement outside of raid gear.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down