Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importance of Class?

+2
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
6 posters

Go down

Importance of Class? Empty Importance of Class?

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 am

So I was talking classes with some of the PS4 guys trying to figure out what everyone is running and I got to wondering, How important is the Class choice?  I played all three in the Alpha/Beta and honestly they are mostly the same when running through the game.  You can use the same guns and have basically the same move set.  The only noticeable difference is the Super abilities and to a lesser extent the Jump abilities.  That said, there are differences in Armour, Agility etc...  

We also only got a small look at the skill trees so it's hard to know how the higher skills will help define the character.  Basically what I want to know is, Do you think class choice makes a big difference?  Do you think you need a balanced fireteam of at least one of each type?  And do you think it will be almost required for High-Level Raids?  And Why?

Discuss...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Importance of Class? Empty Re: Importance of Class?

Post by S7 OC Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:28 am

I think it will make some difference. In the beta I gave each class a role and like the armor strength of the Titan to get up close in battle. I think we will see more that matters with the skill tree and choices that can help your fire team. I don't thinks it makes a ton of difference if you have a "balanced team" by class but more by perks and skills. I think it would be good to have a balance team so you can have a warlock tearing sh1t up with its individual power from further back, a hunter to do its thing and a Titan to brawl but as far as numbers of each I don't think it's huge as long as skills and perks don't over lap to much and you have enough to cover the weak points of your fire team.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:42 am

Very true OC.  I think that most of the game won't matter much from what I played.  I think all characters will be able to play the game equally and conquer the game if they play to the class strengths.  My question, while generally about the game, is more directed towards the End Game activities.  Specifically High-Level Raids.  Fore example, Kenny mused the other day the possibility of a Boss that does massive AOE and the only safe haven would be within the Titan's Shield (Ward of Dawn).  No Titan?  Sucks to be your fireteam!

Do you think we will see something like that?  Where specific classes and abilities will be required?

*I hope so.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Specifically High-Level Raids.  Fore example, Kenny mused the other day the possibility of a Boss that does massive AOE and the only safe haven would be within the Titan's Shield (Ward of Dawn).  No Titan?  Sucks to be your fireteam!

Do you think we will see something like that?  Where specific classes and abilities will be required?

*I hope so.

Yes, I think it will be something like that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 am

What is everyone choosing as a role on the PS4 interseptor, so I can choose something different?
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 am

Nothing is locked down yet but right now it looks like I am running Warlock for my first character, but I intend to roll all three eventually.  Kenny is going Hunter first and I think Apex is rolling Titan.  Puppet expressed interest in Warlock in the Beta.  Evol, Charles and Magus are still unknown at this point as far as I know.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 pm

How are you going to reach that loot chest way up there?  Triple jumping Hunter FTW!

I do hope the class abilities are considered in the level design and puzzles, but I think it will be more important for each raid member to carry three or so primary weapons that each do a different damage type to effectively take down certain bosses.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:56 pm

I'll most likely start with a Warlock.  I wasn't too effective with the special/skills of the Hunter and I didn't try the Titan.  I'd like to stick with what I know so I can build a solid first character that I can get raid-ready ASAP.  

As for class choice, while there may be bosses that require balanced fire teams (this is a staple from pencil & paper RPGs), I think what will matter more is:

1.) Communication between players in the fire team
2.) Understanding of how each fire team member plays
3.) The strengths/weaknesses of each player's play style 
4.) How comfortable each player is with their character, including how they outfit and built their character

I think these couple things will be more important than balanced fire teams.  "Forcing" someone to play a role and run a character because the fire team needs one never seems to work in RPGs, from my experience.  A group of good players that really know their characters and the play style of their teammates will play much better together.  

I've played in groups where someone has been "filling a role" and they never have as much fun.  Since you have to put in some serious work to be able to play raids, I'd hate to see myself or someone else have to grind out a character just for a balanced fire team.  

One of my friends always used to say creative spellcasting and good players all playing mages can beat out a tossed together balanced group any day.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down