Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool

3 posters

Go down

Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool Empty Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:53 am

So, I am not sure we have really talked about this much, but Infamous' second DLC is coming soon.  It's release date is August 27th and it's $15 but that's not the cool part...  The cool part is that it's a Stand Alone DLC.  This means that you DO NOT have to own Infamous Second Son to buy and play the DLC.  WHAT?  I know, right?  How freakin sweet is that?  Talk about a brilliant idea.  Why limit yourself to people who just bought the game?  You can offer it to everyone and probably even pick up a few new sales along the way. 

I mean let's say someone wanted to play Second Son but never got around to it.  $15 DLC is a great way to try out the game at a very low price point.  If you like it, you can always go buy the full game and developers sold another copy of DLC that they would not have normally sold.  I think that could be the future of DLC.  Or at least story driven DLC.  What do you guys think?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool Empty Re: Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

I think it's a pretty neat idea.  Sort like with Far Cry 4 on the PS4, where you'll be able to invite friends to play who don't even have the game.  I think it's a great idea to introduce more people to these games and potentially raise sales for said games.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool Empty Re: Infamous First Light DLC and Why it's Cool

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I think it's a pretty neat idea.  Sort like with Far Cry 4 on the PS4, where you'll be able to invite friends to play who don't even have the game.  I think it's a great idea to introduce more people to these games and potentially raise sales for said games.

I found out a little more about that too btw... It's not black magic after all.  There is a free DL that has the games assets etc...  You have to DL the file in order to play with a friend but this insures real time lag free playing.  Pretty sweet.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:I think it's a pretty neat idea.  Sort like with Far Cry 4 on the PS4, where you'll be able to invite friends to play who don't even have the game.  I think it's a great idea to introduce more people to these games and potentially raise sales for said games.

I found out a little more about that too btw... It's not black magic after all.  There is a free DL that has the games assets etc...  You have to DL the file in order to play with a friend but this insures real time lag free playing.  Pretty sweet.

I figured that was the case.  I'd be pretty surprised if you could just jump into the game without having to download anything first.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

I figured that was the case.  I'd be pretty surprised if you could just jump into the game without having to download anything first.

Well, I thought it might have to do with the PS Now streaming tech.  And with my internet connection, that is not the best option.  I am glad it's a DL instead.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Hmm, interesting, very interesting.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down