Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml.

+4
S7 Coolhand
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
8 posters

Go down

Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml. Empty Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml.

Post by S7 OC Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:59 pm

So I went to the beach for a few days and today was a dumb ass and didn't really my iPhone was still in my bathing suit pocket.  After maybe only a minute I realize it was there rush to shore dry it off and leave it to dry. It's not working at all I got a glimpse of hope on the ride home when I saw the apple logo on screen for a second. Not sure if that was its last goodbye or what but it is sitting in rice right now as my only hope.  I leave for vacation to disney world in 4 days with the potential of no phone. I don't think I'm eligible to upgrade to August and to be honest I was planning to wait for the next iPhone and decide if I was going to stay with apple or switch to andriod. f#ck my life right now. I don't have the money to buy a new phone off contract and may have to go with a pay as you go deal for now till I can upgrade. Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk. 
So pissed at my self right now. This iPhone 5 hasn't been nothing but issues for a while now. Cracked screen , broken sleep wake button that only works every once in a while, now it is not working at all. Yaaaaaaaaaaa, oh and my birthday is tomorrow so there is hope of getting money for a new phone right, nope. Already got money from , parents grandmothers for new sunglasses because my old ones broke, oh prescription sunglasses at that so ya and arm and a leg to pay for those. Any way if any one needs to contact me, text is not going to be the best option. I'll update if things change. 
Email- Kevin.m.oc@gmail.com
Msg me on the forums or the xbox 
Skype- Kevin O'Connor not even sure the user name. 

Yaaaaaaaa f#ck my life yaaaaaaaaa. Evil or Very Mad  Crying or Very sad  scratch

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml. Empty Re: Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml.

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:18 pm

hate u ///// jk jk have fun
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml. Empty Re: Nice vacation to the beach iPhone 5 in the ocean fml.

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:48 pm

You could always just pimp yourself out OC....

JK was it a verizon or at@t?
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Att, praying to the rice/iPhone gods right now

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 pm

If only it were a S5 instead of a 5S...

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:05 am

That sucks bro. I hope you get some good news.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 am

Hope everything works out and the rice is able to dry out your phone.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 am

Similar thing happened to my wife. She brought it in to ATT and told them, I had already done the rice trick and it would boot for 1-2 minutes before shutting down, which she told them...

They were like 'We'll give you full trade-in value this works just fine' even after she said it dies after 1-2 minutes.

Moral of the story: Get a hot girl to bring your phone in to the dealer and get max trade-in value to go towards your new phone.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm

just saw the commercial for the one you can get wet. forgot what it was...but there was no apple logo (Smile)
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 pm

So a day in rice and no dice so far. Really sucks not sure what I will do next. I may just let it sit in rice over night and see from there.  Any one have an old att phone I could rent?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:05 pm

So the phone is dead.  I went to att and signed up for their att next plan were the payment of a new phone is spread out over the year. Ordered a new iPhone 5s, so a slight upgrade from the 5 to the 5s. Should have it Friday before I leave for vacation.  I will look into getting case this time around for sure maybe life proof or otter box. We shall see.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:10 am

Ok so the two cases I am looking at are the life proof nuud and the otter box preserver. Both have pros and cons and both are rather pricey. After having a cracked screen and water damage I am going to get one. Any one use either of these cases.  Both are water proof,shock proof. The life proof doesn't come with a screen protector but the otter box does. You can add a screen protector to the life proof though

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 am

My life proof case (4S) has a built in screen cover when the case is on.  Are you talking about when it's out of the case?  Regardless, the life proof case is the sh1t.  I liked it a lot better than the Otter boxes when I bought mine cause it was a lot lower profile all around.  The Otter boxes used to be big and bulky, not sure if they still are, but the life proof case was only a little bigger than the iPhone itself which I really liked. As for performance... mine worked amazingly well.  Even took it down one of those giant 200ft straight-down type slides.  It came out of my pocket on the way down and had it's own little ride.  When I got to the bottom the life guard told me my phone has come out and to pick it up.  Went and grabbed it... no problem.  No damage, no water, working perfectly.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 am

I'd go Life Proof. I have one for the iPad my daughters use - It's had no issues at all with all the crap they spill on it and put it through.

I have the Otter Box Preserver for my work phone. Unfortunately I barely use it and it just sits on my desk or in my pocket, so I can't speak for it's actual performance.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:26 am

There are 2 models of the life proof case for the 5s. One has no screen protector and the other does but gets way worse ratings. The otter box preserver is slimmer than the other otterbox cases but is still a bit bigger than the lifeproof case I was looking at. The life proof case does have like a quarter inch lip around the screen and you are touching the screen, and I like that but drop it on a rock or what not it going to break the screen.  It does come with a scratch protector and I do like the size of the life proof better.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:27 pm

So you are touching the screen but it's still water proof?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Yes there is an inner O ring gasket on the front and back parts of the case that seals the phone in the case when you close it. 

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/iphone-5s-nuud/

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 pm

S7 OC wrote:Yes there is an inner O ring gasket on the front and back parts of the case that seals the phone in the case when you close it. 

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/iphone-5s-nuud/

That looks pretty slick.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:09 am

Girlfriend just got an S5.  it is just a tiny bit longer than my S4 but just as thin.  I got tired of my bulky protective case, so I recommend the naturally waterproof S5 rather than an iPhone with a case.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:19 am

We'll I got an iPhone and the life proof nuud today. Ready for vacation.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Nice. Have fun. I'll be headed out the 4th for my beach vacation. Summer OP
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Pictures of Pluto or it didn't happen!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Wut?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Pictures of Pluto or it didn't happen!
Will do.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh right, Disney world.  I was thing (not very well) of the planet.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down