Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 Update 1.7 Highlights

5 posters

Go down

PS4 Update 1.7 Highlights Empty PS4 Update 1.7 Highlights

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:39 am

Sounds like there's some good stuff coming in the system update that should be out soon, including more editing and sharing flexibility for user made videos and the pre-download for digital preorders on games:

Play as Soon as the Game is Released
Providing you with immediate access to your games is a priority designed into PS4, and something we will always strive to make better. We’ve had a great response from PS4 fans about the Play as You Download feature, the snappy load times when launching and playing games, and the general speed and responsiveness of the UI. The 1.70 update adds features to build on this idea and make it faster to play the games you pre-order with an auto pre-download capability, which allows you to pre-download your select pre-ordered game up to several days prior to release. If you have the auto-download feature enabled, it will automatically pre-download your pre-ordered game so you can play as soon as the game is unlocked on release day.

And here's the link to the blog post on it:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/ps4-update-1-70-coming-soon-introducing-sharefactory/
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

PS4 Update 1.7 Highlights Empty Re: PS4 Update 1.7 Highlights

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

That's pretty sweet stuff.
I'm still considering the PS4 myself and not to start the whole comparison / competition thing again (God knows I'm tired of that)-- but the XB1 has the play as you download feature already meaning you can start to play COD while the data is still being saved to disk (somewhere around 20% if memory serves) and of course the editing and sharing was there since day one with game DVR for longer clips, twitch for streaming, and "Xbox record that" last 30 sec. feature which is then posted for everyone to witness.

BUT the download games days before release so you can play day one is very, very interesting. I like that a lot! Wish Xbox thought of that, or hope they steal the idea from Sony  Twisted Evil 

Great stuff for both consoles. Glad to see they are listening this time and trying to provide the consumer with a worthy product.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Cool, although I don't think it's something that would affect me if I had a PS4 since I prefer to have physical copies of my console games.  Dunno why.  But I've also been thinking of getting a PS4 as it has its share of cool features.  Playstation Now is probably the feature that's most influencial for me.  If the service is great and I can play the PS1 and PS2 games that I've been wanting to play, then I'll get a PS4 for sure.  But I also need to make sure I have enough money to make such a purchase. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Agree on all fronts.  And I like digital copies so this is really good news for me.  Ever since the PS4 came out I have been spoiled to digital games.  I have all these free games digitally so I just go to the game, click, and BAM it plays the game.  It's nice, especially for a lazy bastard like me.  Then when I go to switch between my physical games it's like, click, oh sh1t, I have to get up and put in that game?  That sucks!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:18 pm

First world problems.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Only physical game I have right now is BF4 so I don't have to get up to change anything, yet.  As for getting physical vs digital games, I probably could see myself going more the digital route because most games I buy I don't trade in and I don't have any friends in the area that I go play console games with so I really don't have a need for a physical disc.  That and if I can have it DL in advance and be able to play it at 12:01 am without going to the store and waiting in a line that sounds like a good deal to me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down