Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez

5 posters

Go down

Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez Empty Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm

I'll be in the market for a tablet and I saw a commercial for these last night and have looked around and people seem to be genuinely impressed with them so far.

Any thoughts on why I should/shouldn't get one.  Obviously I still have plenty of time to make up/change my mind.  

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez Empty Re: Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez

Post by S7 OC Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:38 pm

I think the kindle fire is nice but would go for a more android base system. Kindle has to much system overlay and restrictions. Check out the Nexus 7 or the samsung galaxy tab. Or for more money the iPad mini. I have not heard much about the newer fires but in the past I have not liked them to much for an all around use tablet.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez Empty Re: Thinking about getting a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" with my Xmas bonus moniez

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 pm

The only issue with that one after shopping for one myself for the wife...I ended up buying the Nexus 7...the HDX is very good except that its closed off to google play...google apps. Also the reader because of the Blue LEDs they use has a blue line around the screen when you read books. If that doesn't bother you then, go for it. Amazon acknowledged the blue line thing and said it's normal, it just depends on what you want to tolerate. The Nexus 7 has the #1 rating among similar tablets.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm

I'd rock the iPad Air personally.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I'd rock the iPad Air personally.
They are nice, but I'm not a big fan of paying an extra $100'ish just for the name on it.

Regarding the Amazon google play issue, that is an issue for me and definitely gives me pause.  Nexus is a strong possibility due to this even though the hardware specs of the Kindle seem far and above everything else in it's price range.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Too bad you didn't mention this earlier.  Amazon had a sale on Monday for Kindle Fire HDX devices.  $50 off.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Too bad you didn't mention this earlier.  Amazon had a sale on Monday for Kindle Fire HDX devices.  $50 off.
I won't be able to get anything until around Christmas anyways since I don't have that bonus money yet, but yeah, there were some good deals to be had on Monday.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down