Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone

+4
S7 Epic
S7 Bullet
S7 OC
S7 Smack
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Empty Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone

Post by S7 Smack Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Apple is ready to unveil OS 4.0 for the iphone this week read the details for yourself.

Apple to Unveil iPhone OS 4.0

New smartphone OS to be announced this week.

April 5, 2010 - Hey, remember that 'iPad' thing? The one that just launched two days ago? Yeah, that's old news now. The updated iPhone OS 4 is already on its way, and it's making a debut this week in San Francisco.
Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Apple-iphone-20100405104652861

Invitations have been sent to media outlets, asking them to attend the event on April 8 at 10 AM pacific time. As usual, the OS update comes with a swarm of rumors ranging from user interfaces changes to support for forward-facing cameras and even multi-tasking. Stay tuned to IGN Gear for more info on the OS update this Thursday.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Empty Re: Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone

Post by S7 Smack Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Also they are releasing two new Iphones this year one for At&t that comes out in Summer probably around they're normal release date June/July and the other one is supposed to be with CDMA which is what Verizon normally uses for they're smart phones so rumors are that it's going to be for verizon.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Empty Re: Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone

Post by S7 OC Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Looking forward to it. Due to upgrade my 3G. May have to wait till after school is back in sept. we'll see

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 am

having multiple apps open at one time would be nice,flash, have the alarm turn your phone on in the morning, and haveing a seperate volume control for my Ipod and when talking. Its stupid when the volume control is universal and it dosen't have a memeory for my ipod or when talking and the alarm b the way. My 50$ phone i didn't have this problem. Not to mention if you have the volume turned down the alram dosen't ring real loud either.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 am

Is Smack an actual person or just some new type of RSS feed?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 am

win!
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 am

I just want Flash, everything else I can get through jailbreaking like multitasking, customization, and app stacking/folders Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Icon_wink
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:38 am

I dont think you will ever see flash on the iphone

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Is Smack an actual person or just some new type of RSS feed?
Both in game I'm S7 Smack on the forums I'm an automated RSS Feed lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 am

Some rumors include a 5 megapixel camera. And a front facing camera for face to face communication...a removable battery...the phone itself is a little longer than the last...that's been confirmed. We will see...my verizon contract expires in may and I'm going over to ATT and getting the iphone but I might wait for the new one to come out.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 am

Just got my iPhone this January...wonder how much an upgrade would cost...?

Wouldn't mind a flash for the camera, tbh. It's an awesome camera with the right lighting.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 am

S7 Epic wrote:It's an awesome camera with the right lighting.

QFT. I actually stopped carrying my Cybershot on vacations. I just carry my iPhone. It takes really good pics for the most part plus I can upload to Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr right off the phone as I take the pics.

Here is an example...

Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone 3686372344_8d0a0ec4eb_o
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am

Especially when you have photoshop on your iPhone too.

Here's some of mine - http://www.flickr.com/photos/46534863@N07/4274070159/
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm

S7 R0LLING THUND3R wrote:Some rumors include a 5 megapixel camera. And a front facing camera for face to face communication...a removable battery...the phone itself is a little longer than the last...that's been confirmed. We will see...my verizon contract expires in may and I'm going over to ATT and getting the iphone but I might wait for the new one to come out.

This event is just for the OS, not a new iPhone.

TUAW is saying that one thing that will be in 4.0 is the ability to print wirelessly, but besides it seems like Apple is really keeping the details wrapped up tightly.

Btw has anyone tried VanillaSurf? I'm using it right now and loving it. Full-screen browsing, sites seem to load faster, better tab management, ability to import favorites, much better history organization, and even full downloads that you can transfer to pc.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Giraffe said Vanillasurf

I never even heard of it lol is it better than firefox.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:48 pm

S7 Smack wrote:
Giraffe said Vanillasurf

I never even heard of it lol is it better than firefox.

Sorry I should have been more clear... It's an iPhone browser, not desktop
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Apple introduces game center of the iphone, ipod touch and ipad.
It will be like xbl for the iphone
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/08/apple-game-center-is-basically-xbox-live-for-your-iphone/

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Nice stuff can't wait, Giraffe I got you I'll check it out for sure.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Multitasking: Got it, plus an always-running settings app that opens by swiping the time up top and allows me to turn on/off processes, wi-fi, 3G, phone signal, etc as well as hide any app I want, including Apple ones
Unified Inbox: Got it
App Folders: Got it
Homescreen Wallpaper: Got it, plus my wallpaper moves and I have full themes that cover every aspect of the phone (custom icons, Safari/iPod apps, dialpad, lock swipe, battery and wi-fi logos. my name as the carrier
VOIP: Got it

I definitely want the Game Center so I don't have to have separate Open Feint, Plus+, etc accounts, plus the new UI is very nice. I'll definitely be grabbing this update....as soon as it's jailbroken Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Icon_wink I can't live without my FULL customization, sbsettings, tethering, and GBA/NES/SNES/Genesis/PSX emulators.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:23 pm

LOL I need to get around to JB'ing mine but I keep procasinating lol!!! Giraffe do you use cydia and stuff like that or do you have a different method, just curious.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 pm

S7 Smack wrote:LOL I need to get around to JB'ing mine but I keep procasinating lol!!! Giraffe do you use cydia and stuff like that or do you have a different method, just curious.

Don't know what you mean by "method".

I use Cydia for apps not approved by Apple, such as the emulators, Backgrounder (multitasking), Winterboard (full customization), SbSettings (the settings app I talked about earlier), Flashlight (this one actually turns the screen brightness to full, something AppStore ones can't do), etc

If you're talking about a method to jailbreak, blackra1n is amazingly easy. You press one button and it's done 30 seconds later. If you're on 3.1.3 though, you're SOL until a new jailbreak comes out. You can't downgrade firmware since you don't have SHSH hashes on file through Cydia Apple to unveil new OS for the Iphone Icon_sad

If you're talking about a method to get App Store apps, talk to me via MSN after you jailbreak, if you even can.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Ok yeah I worded itt wrong but you covered everything I was trying get answered and will get back to you once I get it sorted.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:48 pm

thought about jail breaking myself. Thought i heard people say they can return to the old firmware? You can't is what your saying so you can't upgrade?

By the way the multitasking that apple is releasing isn't really multitasking from what i read. its just opens it in some background folder that keeps it open or something another, basically freezes it where you left off from what i read. Sucks they didn't release this cause i read a few articles at work that it was going to release today for the 3gs and 3rd gen ipods. BOOO!!!!

Also does anyone know anything about the iAd's thing that's coming with this OS? it better not take up my apps when i open them or get in my way, or the iPhone will be out the window quick.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 pm

S7 Bullet wrote:thought about jail breaking myself. Thought i heard people say they can return to the old firmware? You can't is what your saying so you can't upgrade?

By the way the multitasking that apple is releasing isn't really multitasking from what i read. its just opens it in some background folder that keeps it open or something another, basically freezes it where you left off from what i read. Sucks they didn't release this cause i read a few articles at work that it was going to release today for the 3gs and 3rd gen ipods. BOOO!!!!

Also does anyone know anything about the iAd's thing that's coming with this OS? it better not take up my apps when i open them or get in my way, or the iPhone will be out the window quick.

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

It was really easy to downgrade on my old iPhone, but it seems like the 3GS has special security that makes it so you can't downgrade legitimately. Now the only way to downgrade is to have an already jailbroken phone, run Cydia so it automatically records your SHSH hashes, and use Saurik's steps to downgrade. Right now I have my SHSH recorded for 3.1 3.12 3.13 so I could switch to any of those if I wanted to. I don't really know anything about downgrading the 2g and 3g phone anymore.

The multitasking works differently for each task. Pandora will continue running music and will even have music controls on the lock screen, games will pause wherever you're at, sites will finish loading and something like Photobucket will finish uploading in the background, IM clients will remain running fully rather than having to reload when you open it back up.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:
S7 Bullet wrote:thought about jail breaking myself. Thought i heard people say they can return to the old firmware? You can't is what your saying so you can't upgrade?

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

It was really easy to downgrade on my old iPhone, but it seems like the 3GS has special security that makes it so you can't downgrade legitimately. Now the only way to downgrade is to have an already jailbroken phone, run Cydia so it automatically records your SHSH hashes, and use Saurik's steps to downgrade. Right now I have my SHSH recorded for 3.1 3.12 3.13 so I could switch to any of those if I wanted to. I don't really know anything about downgrading the 2g and 3g phone anymore.

The multitasking works differently for each task. Pandora will continue running music and will even have music controls on the lock screen, games will pause wherever you're at, sites will finish loading and something like Photobucket will finish uploading in the background, IM clients will remain running fully rather than having to reload when you open it back up.

thanks for the clarification. i have the 3GS. heard or most people i talked to use cydia. its funny that they blocked alot of features out that are coming out in the 4.0 update. it amazed me what they didn't want you to have control over.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next