Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One

+7
Atrum
S7 Anonymous
Animefrk122
S7 KnightOwl
S7 wonky
S7 Panzer
S7 Sticky
11 posters

Go down

Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One Empty Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

In the current generation, gamers only stay limited to what they own in the form of consoles and social interaction is impossible between two different consoles or a PC. Microsoft has been looking to change this concept for quite some time now and they seem genuinely interested in working on providing a cross platform which will run between PC and Xbox One. It seems that finally gaming and sharing on a single platform is becoming a reality.

Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One Xbox-one-cloud-powered-600x338

Microsoft wants the Xbox One to leave all its competitors behind as it excels in sharing on content, achievements and events. They also want PC gamers to be able to play with Xbox One gamers. But with the current market situation and everything, Microsoft will have to focus exclusively on its marketing.
Phil Spencer of Microsoft Studios described Cloud as an essential feature that can be utilized in next-gen consoles. “Cloud is a really interesting place to invest and we’re investing a ton in the cloud,” said Spencer. “This connected ecosystem across all the different devices is definitely where I think the future of gaming is going,” he went on. “You don’t have to do it as a developer, but you have the capability and I think a system like Xbox Live across all those screens where you know who someone is and who their friends are, what their Achievements are and their progression is really critical to that.”
Take Shadow Run for instance, as it was designed to provide mutual gaming experiences between PC and Xbox 360 gamers but unfortunately it failed to reach the target market. This might be explained by the fact that the cloud computing phenomenon is not a widespread one at the moment and it is not fully understood in the current market. Many people view the PC and console gaming as being part of two opposite ends and they only see the imbalances of controls and techniques.
Only if cloud computing is made more user friendly, it would be the best feature and will provide what the players of today are looking for. The imbalances mentioned above can be taken care of by the manufacturers who can design cloud computing with ease of use as a prior feature. The reason why Microsoft seems to be doing it right is because they have plenty of connectivity plans and using them in the right way will definitely bring out some positive results.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One Empty Re: Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Man I would love to see PC players go vs Console players again.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One Empty Re: Microsoft Shows Interest In Cross-Platform Gaming For Xbox One

Post by S7 wonky Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:43 pm

this would be awesome I agree with panzer
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Does anyone know if you will be able to play cross platform ie ghost on 360 and ghost on Xbo?
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to knight owl since it still will be on the xbox live network
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Animefrk122

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 pm

i really doubt we will see much if any 360 to xb1
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 pm

KnightOwl the answer is NO. Mark Rubin from IW already said that is not possible.
S7 Anonymous
S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 am

S7 Anonymous wrote:KnightOwl the answer is NO. Mark Rubin from IW already said that is not possible.
we where talking about it at work today and I was unsure of the answer. Thanks for the help.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:33 am

S7 KnightOwl wrote:
S7 Anonymous wrote:KnightOwl the answer is NO. Mark Rubin from IW already said that is not possible.
we where talking about it at work today and I was unsure of the answer. Thanks for the help.
its more of the line that  the gap between tech on 360 to xb1 is so far apart there is no way to make it work .
Hell Newer games like D3 and BF4 are pushing the 360 so hard  right now  it keeps freezing the xbox  making people restart alot (this happens as well on ps3)

were as xb1 can be compared to Low-Med end gaming pc  Using really the same OS and so on  would make it alot easier for Dev to make it work
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 am

S7 Sticky wrote:were as xb1 can be compared to Low-Med end gaming pc  Using really the same OS and so on  would make it alot easier for Dev to make it work
It's definitely in the solid Mid Range gaming PC realm. It's hard to compare a system designed specifically for gaming and one designed to do everything and games.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 am

If you guys remember you could play ShadowRun on Xbox and PC in the same lobbies. You would think that would not be hard to do.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:28 am

Yeah, it's definitely possible.  PS3/PS4/Vita will have x-platform games so I know it can be done and they are even doing x-platform chat with the PS4 and Vita.  But last I heard M$ did not want to do x-platform gaming.  Glad they are reevaluating their stance.

That said, I think a lot of it has to do with developers too.  I'd imagine that while possible, it's probably a giant pain in the ass to program for and make everything fair across all platforms.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Sticky wrote:were as xb1 can be compared to Low-Med end gaming pc  Using really the same OS and so on  would make it alot easier for Dev to make it work
It's definitely in the solid Mid Range gaming PC realm. It's hard to compare a system designed specifically for gaming and one designed to do everything and games.
agreed thats why i gave it such a broad range 

thats one of the main reason i really like the xb1  as to how much its like a pc
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:That said, I think a lot of it has to do with developers too.  I'd imagine that while possible, it's probably a giant pain in the ass to program for and make everything fair across all platforms.
This.

Plus I think they know people will buy both versions if they like the game. So you can play Diablo 3 on PC, then buy the Xbox version to play with your xbox friends. Mo Money!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Internally, MS have had Halo 4 running on a mobile phone...just an FYI.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Internally, MS have had Halo 4 running on a mobile phone...just an FYI.
http://gamerant.com/microsoft-halo-4-pc-cloud/
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down