Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed---

4 posters

Go down

Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed--- Empty Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed---

Post by Atrum Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Anyone else catch up? You HAVE to watch the post-credit clip.
I don't even know what just happened, but I might have to read the manga since this was the end of season 1.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed--- Empty Re: Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed---

Post by S7 wonky Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 pm

i should have known that you guys watch attck on titan and yes i did Evil or Very Mad 
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed--- Empty Re: Attack on Titan ----Spoilers allowed---

Post by Atrum Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm now caught up on the manga. This series is insane.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeah god d@mn that ending. My speculation is that the wall was in fact made by the titans and they hold the humans in like a farm for them to grow  but not to the point where its outside of the boundaries and into the titans domain. I think Annie is working for the side of good but the survey corp think they are. Either way Eren is a bad add in Titan form. I'm betting on a season 2 from the amount of hype they got.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:01 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Yeah god d@mn that ending. My speculation is that the wall was in fact made by the titans and they hold the humans in like a farm for them to grow  but not to the point where its outside of the boundaries and into the titans domain. I think Annie is working for the side of good but the survey corp think they are. Either way Eren is a bad add in Titan form. I'm betting on a season 2 from the amount of hype they got.
Yeah, the anime is huge everywhere. Definitely will be a season 2. The manga is only like 10-15 chapters ahead, which would be like 5 anime eps.

From what I've read, it's amazing. Season 1 will definitely be considered boring/setup compared to season 2.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

O really I thought the manga was much farther head then that. I decided to not read the manga tell the anime is finished. Does the anime and manga go down the same path or are they competently different? Please no manga details. Also they need to have Eren master hand to hand combat to beat other titans easier or give him a weapon or something. But I dont think that is Attack on Titans style.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

They seem very, very similar so far. The titans size seems a little more varied in the manga. Like, the 3M class ones are commonly drawn just barely taller than the characters (some of them anyway).
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 am

What chapter or volume does the 25 episode end on I plan on reading up to what has been covered in the anime.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 am

You want Chapter 34 - "Warriors Dance".
It actually starts about 3/4 of the way through the episode and... has stuff happen that the anime didn't.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

With it finished, I finally started watching it again.  I marathoned the last 6 eps last night and finished it up.  Crazy sh1t right there at the end.  Really enjoyed watching it at a faster pace.  It's much better that way IMO.  My only fear now is they will make a season 2, and surpass where they are in the Manga and just start making sh1t up (like the first run of FMA).

Also, I like the theory that Annie is actually working on the side of good.  I'd like to know more about the intelligent Titans.  They really need to get into the basement and find out what is really going in.  Clearly there is a ton more going on here.

Also, did you guys read the short story about the wall that showed up in the "Things we can share so far..." section?  Kind of crazy stuff going on with the Walls and where they actually came from.  ... and of course there was the final scene.  Not even sure what to think at this point.  Good stuff.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:With it finished, I finally started watching it again.  I marathoned the last 6 eps last night and finished it up.  Crazy sh1t right there at the end.  Really enjoyed watching it at a faster pace.  It's much better that way IMO.  My only fear now is they will make a season 2, and surpass where they are in the Manga and just start making sh1t up (like the first run of FMA).

Also, I like the theory that Annie is actually working on the side of good.  I'd like to know more about the intelligent Titans.  They really need to get into the basement and find out what is really going in.  Clearly there is a ton more going on here.

Also, did you guys read the short story about the wall that showed up in the "Things we can share so far..." section?  Kind of crazy stuff going on with the Walls and where they actually came from.  ... and of course there was the final scene.  Not even sure what to think at this point.  Good stuff.
Man, you gotta read the manga. The author has said that AoT will be 20 volumes. Right now, the manga is at 11 volumes (the anime covered the first 10), so it will fit in perfectly at 2 seasons.

The only problem is that they release 1 Chapter per month for manga. 1 volume = 4 chapters. So with 9 volumes left, the manga shouldn't be completed for 3 years.

Unless they do something bizarre and start producing the manga faster, we either will get another Fullmetal Alchemist/Hunter x Hunter situation with a bizarre made up ending... OR, an extremely long wait for more anime.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:12 pm

I'll look into reading the Manga.  I have not got into Manga thus far but I have been thinking about it for a while.  Titan maybe as good a place to start as any.

So what are your guys thoughts on the walls?  Where did they come from?  What is their true purpose?  Are the humans just caged animals?  Food source?  Is the government involved?  Discuss.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 pm

My theory (come up with the first time I saw Eren transform) is that all the titans were initially humans. My only guess is that a portion of the population was enslaved to perform labor/monotonous tasks in titan form. Assuming titans live a looong time it would make sense they've become 'dumb' with years and years of mindless wandering and only have their hate for the people that mistreated them.

I'm still undecided if some people are stuck in titan form, or if really all the titans could potentially turn back into humans with help. That seems like the logical ending for me. Lots of drama with the 'omg they can all still be people' and somehow they turn every titan back in to humans. It'd be a depressing ending since those once titans would have slaughtered so many people, but I don't think they'd remember it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 pm

I should specify I came up with that from way back when, and the manga has done nothing to really answer my questions or prove/disprove my theory yet.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 pm

It's a pretty solid theory.  I definitely think that the humans are captive to some degree.  not sure if the wall was built by Humans or Titans yet but someone in the gov't knows the real secret.  My guess is the titan's built it but it would have had to be some of the intelligent one's to actually construct it.  That short story talked about how this one miner tried to dig under the wall for 20 years and was never able to find the bottom of the wall.  That seems pretty impressive for a somewhat stunted civilization.  

The question is, to what end?  Lore of the world is they sought shelter from the Titans and peace lasted for 100 years.   I don't buy it.  But a 100 years is a long time to keep people around without culling them.  And why now?  Is it cause they finally started expeditions beyond the wall?

P.S. I started reading the manga.  It's a little weird at first due to reading it from left to right but I am getting the hang of it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I broke down and read passed the anime stopping point, so good. I can't wait for season 2.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 pm

I knew you would lol. It's so good.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:27 am

Being cryptic but didn't it seem weird when those 2 told Eren right then and there? I have to agree with your theory Atrum but I am curious to why the 3 titans we have seen so far each have specific traits that make them completely different. Also I want to know more about Eren and his families past, having a single chapter each month is going to torture me.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:30 am

S7 Panzer wrote:Being cryptic but didn't it seem weird when those 2 told Eren right then and there? I have to agree with your theory Atrum but I am curious to why the 3 titans we have seen so far each have specific traits that make them completely different. Also I want to know more about Eren and his families past, having a single chapter each month is going to torture me.
Lol yeah I cannot wait to see that part in the anime. You could tell 1 wanted to and the other didn't. Like I've told everyone else on the ropes about reading the manga: Season 1 of the anime is the boring plot setup compared to the second half.

Short version: Anyone not reading the manga, should.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 pm

I am currently reading the Manga a little at a time.  I really like it but I am also impressed how well they translated it into anime.  I am probably even more impressed with the anime now than before.  Specifically the animation and how well they captured the 3D maneuver gear and put it all in motion.  Very cool.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down