Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced

+4
S7 OC
Atrum
Xpert2010
OneBadHuskerFan
8 posters

Go down

Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced Empty Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am

It will be $15/month after after an initial 30 days free.  At least they give you a month to decide if you want to get a sub.  Seems a bit much but I'll get my free play time in and see just how good it really is.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced Empty Re: Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 am

Doesn't seem like much to me.  Usually, MMOs that have subcriptions go for $15/month.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced Empty Re: Elder Scrolls Online pricing structure announced

Post by Atrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am

Glad we get a month to try it out. Hopefully this is as awesome as it could be.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:50 am

Yeah it wouldn't seem like much but you are already paying a subscription for xbl gold.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:14 pm

S7 OC wrote:Yeah it wouldn't seem like much but you are already paying a subscription for xbl gold.
My thoughts exactly xbl subscription + cost of buying the game + monthly subscription = better be one kick ass game imo
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 pm

S7 KnightOwl wrote:
S7 OC wrote:Yeah it wouldn't seem like much but you are already paying a subscription for xbl gold.
My thoughts exactly xbl subscription + cost of buying the game + monthly subscription = better be one kick ass game imo
for me at least its all good as one way or the other i was going to play this game if not on pc paying 15 a month i will do it on xb1 
at the high of my mmo days i was paying 15 for wow 15 for starwars spending 10 a month for sh1t in D&D  spending cash on D3 plus my year of goldXD

but like yall said at least they give you those 30 days free to try it so if people drop off from playing it on xb1 i shall be going to play it on pc (better on pc for the main reason more keys )
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I understand subs but they should sell the game for less if they're going to make back their money in subs, maybe sell the game for $30 or $40 instead of $60.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I understand subs but they should sell the game for less if they're going to make back their money in subs, maybe sell the game for $30 or $40 instead of $60.
if they would have stuck to the digital download  it might have been at least thats how it runs on pc 

normal edition normally only run 39.99  ...

or they could have done like some games its free to Download but you could only play if you sub
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 pm

This should be a digital DL then, why would you want the disc if you can save on the initial price.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:This should be a digital DL then, why would you want the disc if you can save on the initial price.

yerp my thoughts as well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 pm

I agree $40 for a digital dl sounds much better.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

I mean, you're getting this for MP so there's no need for a disc, the same should be for COD, since the SP is usually mediocre and everyone gets it for MP or Zombies.  

I'd love to see both systems go this route for these types of games that are "designed" primarily for their MP functions and not for any SP.  it just seems to make more sense, especially if you're charging a sub.  Hell, like Sticky said make it free DL, charge for a sub and maybe additional DLs or microtrans for add ons (like BLOPS2).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 am

I hope no one is going to pay for the Xbox Live Gold only to play ESO. If so, it's +$5 a month, so not as bad as it seems, making you essentially have a $20 a month ESO fee.

~mrmiller.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am

I don't ever count paying for Xbox Live as part of my costs for any single game.  I'll have XBL regardless so it doesn't get added into the mix.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:31 am

Yeah, I don't factor in my Xbox Gold subcription when it comes to this.  If I did, I may as well also include my cable and electric bill and my rent.
I'd likely get this for the PC should this game interest me more.  I don't relish the thought of playing an MMO on a console.  Kinda sucks that it won't be cross platform.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down