Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries???

+3
S7 mrmiller
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries??? Empty Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries???

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Curious.  I've seen nothing but rave reviews about these rechargeable and I think instead of getting a Charge and Play kit at launch for the XB1 I may (probably will) get some of these.  Anybody have experience with using them?

Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries??? Empty Re: Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries???

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I used to use them a LOT when I was attending college and still used a wireless controller. I've solely used a wired controller for the past 2-3 years though.

Back when I did use them they worked great. I had an issue with one of my battery chargers breaking. Even with proper care the batteries eventually lose some lifespan. Still great value and very convenient to have charged batteries hanging on the wall.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries??? Empty Re: Anybody use Eneloop Rechargeable batteries???

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I just use the regular Energizer Rechargeables. The cool thing is the charger holds 4 batteries, and I can mix the AA and AAA's. So I have spares for my controller or headphones at all times. The controller doesn't use much power really, and the batteries last a week or so even with daily play. I'm sure the Eneloops will work just as well, and I think one of the big things about them is the low discharge rate (how they loose a charge even when you are not using them- like all rechargeable batteries).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Haven't tried those.  The only ones I've had trouble with are iGoGreen brand.  I exclusively use rechargeable AA for my gaming headset and controllers.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:55 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I just use the regular Energizer Rechargeables. The cool thing is the charger holds 4 batteries, and I can mix the AA and AAA's. So I have spares for my controller or headphones at all times. The controller doesn't use much power really, and the batteries last a week or so even with daily play. I'm sure the Eneloops will work just as well, and I think one of the big things about them is the low discharge rate (how they loose a charge even when you are not using them- like all rechargeable batteries).

~mrmiller
 same here
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Like Matt I use the Energizer rechargeables.  I have 4 AA and 4 AAA to run headsets.  My old TBs used the AAA and my XP500s use AA.  I haven't had any problems with them either.  I tried them first because we sell them at work and I get a discount on my purchases so it was an easy deal.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 am

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:58 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Deal http://www.woot.com/offers/eneloop-8pk-aa-with-4-position-charger-20
I don't know about the charger
 Not a bad price for 8 of them even if the charger sucks.  I'll have to think about taking that deal.  Thanks for the link.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:56 am

Just thought I'd update this.

I ended up buying a 4-pack of the 3rd gen (newest) 2000mAh Eneloops and charger from Amazon.com and it's only been a week and a half but I'm amazed so far.  I charged them up to full after I got them and put them in my controller.  I've used my Xbox every day for either Netflix or gaming since then and they are still have well over half their charge still left. 

When I was using my play and charge battery I would only get about 6'ish hours out of it before I had to plug it back in to recharge.  Considering I can recharge these things 1800 times (according to manufacturer) I'll probably be dead before I have to buy another set, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down