Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

+5
DeadSockPuppet
Lickwid Apex
Xpert2010
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:23 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:Thinking that was my last Forza tourney

Wait, so "if I can't win, I don't want to play?".  I'm just trying to understand man.  If you need a faster car to stay competitive, I'll put some together and you can use one.  Xpert tried it and he's mixin' it up for podium spots now.

I don't know about everybody, and I surely am not trying to speak for them, but "racing is competition".  Competition is what's fun above all.  Who the hell wants to just walk away with trophies all the d@mn time. THAT would be boring.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Geez, with what looks like at least 3 people going to the PS4 and one more cancelling their Forza 5 pre-order I may need to think about not getting Forza 5 at launch of the XB1.  I hadn't played Forza 4 in a year and a half until the last couple months, and that's only due to people here.

Don't follow the crowd man.  Game on.  If you like racing, like Forza, and like racing with the clan members that show up then get yo ass to race night.

I'll be there for d@mn sure.  R1, X, open wheel.. Twitch racing and I'm in.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Didn't really realize that I had 3 podiums this time around.  Guess I'm fortunate that Atrum wasn't racing XD.  That last track was pretty funny (except the part where Wiggles ruined my chance to tie Husker for 3rd place), just racing along trying to get ahead of Wiggles when I hear OC giving me a warning.  I was thinking "Why is OC warning me? Holy sh1t, he's right behind me!" lol.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm

I agree Apex. I was running fast on some of those tracks others I was way to slow with not much top end

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Wiggles if you still have it could you post the standings for all the races.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Sorry Interceptor, but it looks like you clipped the wall just a little bit.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:Thinking that was my last Forza tourney

I just don't have the time to be competitive... and if I can't play to win, its just not worth it to me.  Personally, I like just showing up and racing, with minimal work outside of tourney night.  Its very clear I can't complete like that and expect to have a good time...

I'm not the type of person that just plays anything for fun... "Fun" for me is competition (not winning necessarily) but take the chance to win out of the equation and it just not worth it to me

At this point I'm really considering just canceling my Forza 5 preorder as well.
My serious answer to this, which may not be very popular, is start looking at cars that are higher up on the leaderboards.  If I need to use a "leaderboard car" to keep up then that's what I'll do.  I totally understand wanting to be at or at least near the top.  If I use a better car and still get smoked then so be it, but I don't feel great when I try and use a lower grade car only to get creamed by better ones.  In the end some people will still be better than me but I'd feel better knowing it was because they beat me on the track and not just because I had an inferior car.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Can you imagine what it would be like to race 2 seasons and then find out that you're running slow because your gas button didn't register 100%???  Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but all I could think during every race night was "I can catch these b!tches, I will beat them."
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Took a couple tries at wording this...
1 - Don't jump on the wiggles bandwagon. No offense at all to you wiggles (this shouldn't be offensive) but if wiggles isn't the best or one of the best, he tends to get demoralized and not want to play. He'll get over it.
2 - Sounds like AMAZING races. This season has been crazy. We already have 2 different champions, and neither of them was Zak. On top of that we have a BIG group trading out podium positions,and a ton of guys mixing it up in the middle. If anything this season has more room for trading positions than we've ever had before.
3 - I'm bummed I missed this tourney, but I was working on D class the entire previous 2 weeks as well. Definitely need a high placement to get the points back I lost by missing an event.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3