Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips.

5 posters

Go down

DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips. Empty DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips.

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 am

I found my first "yellow" item last night, and it was a crappy cleaver. Crappy for me anyhow as I'm playing Sam B. and need blunt weapons. I found it in a regular crate, not even one of the locked ones. One thing I would suggest if we start new characters is one person to use a portion of their 15 points to level the lock pick up to the max, as I have found some nice items in the level 3 crates.

Also, I think this game would be very easy to exploit and rapidly level up. Items respawn after a set time (or perhaps its distance as the area reloads). If you remember where the canned food and painkillers are at, you can keep loading up on them and turn them in for XP and Money. I don't know what I was doing, traveling back and forth over some area that had a lot of painkillers, but by the time I got that quest I had a dozen or so without even trying. The canned food one comes first, and I had thought of that already (you can fast travel to one can of food super easy every time), but didn't want to waste the time or have the game level too fast on me. I didn't know about the painkiller quest until last night and I reaped some big $ and XP off my collection. Anyhow, make note of where the painkillers and canned food is at when you find them the first time, and whenever you have to retrace your steps and are close to them it would be worth a short detour to pick them up.

If you didn’t know (I didn’t until last night) you can go to your inventory and select your group, and they have side quests that are not there when you speak to them in the town. They are pretty much “collect X items” quests, but are pretty easy for the first parts. If you do it for the shop keepers, their shops upgrade to hold more and better items. For others they reward you with weapons (mostly bombs/grenades) and even blueprints! It looks like each may have 3 stages of quests with harder and harder to find items in the later quests, but I was able to do pretty much all of the first and second ones with what I had on me (one even asked for heavy plates, and the shop guy across the room was selling them, so that was a no-brainer).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips. Empty Re: DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips.

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 am

When do you guys do your playthrough/how many of you are there?
I enjoyed Dead Island but only played it solo on PC, so if you guys are playing at a time when I can be on I will probably pick this up and join up with you all.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips. Empty Re: DI: Riptide - Thoughts, Hints, Tips.

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

For me and Droopy it will be late night Fri and Sat. The game is 4 player co-op, and right now it's just us and OC so we have room for 1 more! I plan on having one Single player character and a co-op character.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Late night Eh... that just so happens to be the only time I can consistently get on...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

tip from the old game IDK if it works on the new one yet, but if you use your rage/power move or whatever the hell it is called you usually get mad xp due to the mutilpier bonus, I discovered this late in the game because I seem to horde my special abilti. you also seem to get more xp with the curb stomp and decapitions but IDK
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 pm

ya Lockpick guy would be great, I have zero points on the lockpick skill, I can't remeber but I think you only share money and not xp on co-op mode but they might have changed it, If we need to level up guys one person could just get a sh1t load of the stuff miller said in the above post, drop in the game and throw it all on the ground and then let the lower ranked guys sell it for xp, then dropout or maybe dashboard or turn off the xbox and then repeat.but I dont really want to do that im just saying
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

One tip is whoever is the least far along in the story should host. When I was playing every quest said it couldn't save my stories progress. So I thought I would reload and play to where we got as a team in the story. I did and had all my good gear so I flew through the prologue/boat. But when the prologue ended, I lost everything! So there went a good nail gun Droopy gave me and all my other nice items.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 am

If you don't like/need what is in a crate- to not take it. It will respawn and re-roll with a chance to get something better or more usefull. If you take the item, it will not respawn and the chest will apear "empty".

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Wtf up with weapon proficiency system, I googled the crap out of it and I can't find anything?
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon May 06, 2013 10:55 am

Finished the game this weekend, and loved it. Any Zombie or RPG fans really should give it a try. I finished at level 69 (started at 50 from porting over my old character) so played a little more to get me maxed out at 70. I need to look back at the game timer to see my hours, thought I don’t think it’s correct. I did play a lot and may have 30-40 hours in, completing most of the side missions and maybe ½ of the dead-zone “dungeons.” I’m going to go back and complete all of the dead-zones and try to get 100% now.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am

If you need X amount of the rare items to complete a quest (the blue items), you will find them in Dead Zones. Also, they respawn. So if you need 3, just play the same dead zone 3 times and repeatedly go in and out the zone. I normally play it through once all the way, and make sure to check for Mods, then I just run in and grab what I need and repeat.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun May 19, 2013 1:01 pm

First time I've played a dead island game. Any noob tips? I have no clue where to even start build wise? Can I respec at some point? Any help would be appreciated. Cool
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun May 19, 2013 1:51 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:First time I've played a dead island game. Any noob tips? I have no clue where to even start build wise? Can I respec at some point? Any help would be appreciated. Cool

I didn't play either of these but there was a lot of talk in this thread and the last:

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t3231-dead-island-thoughts?highlight=Dead+island
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun May 19, 2013 4:20 pm

It depends on the character you are playing. I don't like any of the perks that give you extra XP, as those to me are a waste. You level up fast enough, and the monsters scale to your level anyhow. I go for all the +damage and +durability perks first, and pretty much leave the rage tree alone until last.

And there is no re-spec.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not too big on the enemies leveling up in lock step with my character though. Kind of defeats the purpose of leveling.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:It depends on the character you are playing. I don't like any of the perks that give you extra XP, as those to me are a waste. You level up fast enough, and the monsters scale to your level anyhow. I go for all the +damage and +durability perks first, and pretty much leave the rage tree alone until last.

And there is no re-spec.

~mrmiller
I pretty much do the same as miller but I do use the rage tree, here is a good tip on your leveling tree. In order to unlock the next row of skills you have to spend atleast 3 skill points in one row to unlock the next row. The middle/center skills on all three trees are the most powerful.

the heavier/force the weapon the more stanima it takes to use it
i use mainly one handed blade weapons
stick and move when fighting, use your kick to stun the zombies then slash at the head or arms
to make it the game easy, buy as many throwing knifes as you can, you can stack up to 25 I think, then you have 25 "bullets" to throw at the zombies and you can retive them after the zombies are dead works good on lone zombies or the thugs. climb on top of anything and throw knifes, only the infected fast runnning zombies can climb
use your rage asap It multipies you xp when zombies are killed in a series when you are in rage mode

who are you playing?

I just took the fairy to henderson, if you wanty to play but im level 60

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down