Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Thoughts?

3 posters

Go down

First Thoughts? Empty First Thoughts?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 am

I got to play for about 5.5 hrs of MP and I had a blast. I agree with Zak that taking time off from COD by not playing much MW3 I'm having a lot more fun with Z3. I seem to be doing better than usual, probably because I've found some SMGs that I can work well with, because the maps seem a bit more balanced than past games, and the game is still new and people are still learning the lanes and choke points.

The map selection seems pretty good right from the start. There aren't really any maps that I already hate and the games that I played seemed to randomize the maps pretty well. To me it feels like the maps are balanced and I haven't really noticed any crap spawns on the maps so far. However, as everyone learns the maps that may change. Most of the maps have a good number of levels, even the micro yacht map.

I played a couple games of hard point and CTF and the jury is still out on those. Kill confirmed, TDM and domination weren't broke so they didn't mess with them and I'm glad for that. I spent most if the night playing domination, cuz that's what the group was playing and I was good with that. I suggest staying away from lagwar for a while until the servers calm down because they're straight garbage with that many players right now. Oh, and Nuketown is still fantastic.

Since I played with S7 guys all night I still need to try out the SP, zombies, and this league stuff everyone is talking about, but those will probably have to wait until double xp is done. All in all I'm pretty impressed and glad that I picked the game up. In the 5+ hrs I played I got to like lvl 30 with the double xp so I might actually prestige for the first time in a couple COD games. Gonna take a nap and then I'll probably be back at it in a couple hours.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

First Thoughts? Empty Re: First Thoughts?

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah, I agree that taking a year off from COD seems to really have helped me get back into the game this time. Last night was my first night of MP in about a full year and I had a blast. I think it helps that this is a very good edition of COD. It may actually be the best COD ever. Seriously. Something about this game is just "right". The maps have a great feel and are by well balanced. Like Puppet, I never found a map I didn't like. They all have a lot of routes around the map including many levels and alternate paths. Perfect for flanking, my personal specialty.

Also, the pick 10 system is amazing. The level of customization is fantastic. Any game that allows you to literally NOT carry a gun is WIN. My personal load out is 5 Perks, 2 Tactical Axs, and NO GUNS AT ALL! I coundn't shot someone if i wanted to (of course I don't want to, that is the point). KnFu is back baby! And better than ever.

On top of that there is something intangible about the game. It just feels better that previous edition. Zombies 3 is a fantastic game and I highly commend it to anyone on the fence or burnt out on the series.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

First thoughts? Best CoD ever. MP is fantastic - love all the changes and customization. Spartan Ops are a nice diverison. The campaign though is awesome! I really was surprised by the firebase operations side missions during the campaign. I have made at least 2 poor decisions and failed to hold one base on a side quest (playing veteran solo) so my final campaign outcome may be a bit of a downer - I will play through on an easier difficulty next to get achievements and experience the good endings. I like that it is not so linear this time, more Mass Effect style.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down