Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boot Camp: Scout Class

5 posters

Go down

Boot Camp:  Scout Class Empty Boot Camp: Scout Class

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:49 am

Excellent post on the Scout class...

I never knew EMP grenades actually disrupt an enemy hack!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/691438-Boot-Camp-Scout-Class
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Boot Camp:  Scout Class Empty Re: Boot Camp: Scout Class

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

Good find Husker.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Cool find

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Very good post. I had been thinking about doing something similar once I get some more time on the game (or let's be honest, time away from LoL). This covers a very wide range of topics though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah, it's all good information, not necessarily confined to the scout class. Good read in general for all classes.

As for Scout specific here are some of my thoughts...

As you all know I play the Scout exclusively. I don't play any other class and I truly enjoy the class. A scout should be the eyes and ears of the group (along with the engineer). They are best used to "scout" ahead and recon advancing enemy forces, disrupt and slow down reinforcements and flank enemy positions. While the SMG scout is good at CQC, it is usually best to stay hidden until you chose to engage. The scout does not have the armor or firepower to stay engaged in a firefight for long. You should pick and choose when and where you engage the enemy. You can often be more helpful sitting somewhere and ID'ing the advancing forces. By using the OTR scanner you can sit back and paint targets for your team. This is very helpful for your team, especially if you are ahead of where the engineers can throw their sensors. By advancing into enemy lines and painting target, combined with engineer sensors, you can practically paint the entire team and track their movements.

That is just the recon part. Next is the fun part, causing chaos! Once you are behind enemy lines and your team is ready to take the objective it is time to cause a little mayhem. By attacking the spawn points or flanking the enemy position you cause the other team to split their attention. It becomes much easier to take an objective if the other teams attention is split in two directions. It's even better if the reinforcements are held up at the spawn, unable to advance. Likewise, your best chance at overtaking an enemy objective is to flank it with a small group. But remember, it is only a flank with a small unseen group. If everybody is heading the same way it is still your main assault (even if it is through the side door). Conversely, a flank is only successful if the main group is attacking full force elsewhere. You have to work as a team.

Of course stunning and hacking are important too but I think we all know that. Not to mention any class can provide that information given the right circumstances. The key to being a scout is thinking like one. Don't just head towards the objective. Head around. Stay hidden and survey the situation. Take your time and pick your fights. If you do it right you will greatly help your team while disrupting the enemy forces.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 am

I completely agree with Zak and I've been trying to play that way when I run my scout. I still haven't gotten the active camo unlocked so I'm not ninja invisible when I move so I have to be even more careful. Hopefully with the double XP here I can get my scout to the point were I unlock the camo because I'm really liking all the other benefits of playing a scout.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down