Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure at what point we start talking strategy...

+3
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
OneBadHuskerFan
7 posters

Go down

Not sure at what point we start talking strategy... Empty Not sure at what point we start talking strategy...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

Hell, we'll spend the first few weeks just getting leveled and used to the maps, but this is definitely a strategy/tactical game.

With that said, as an Engineer I just hit level 4 and will be able to support with my UAV. One thing I think we need to watch for is to make sure we don't have too many Engineers running around as we have terrible guns and no armor. Seemed last night that we had 3 or 4 Engineers at any given time and we just had no chance due to the low survivability of the class.

I have no problem switching over to Scout or Rifleman when needed as I plan on leveling up all 3 classes anyways, so if we get to a point that we have too many engineers in one room just let me know and I'll switch over. Whatever I can do to help us out. I just know my place is better in the rear with the cool goodies I get as an Engineer, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Not sure at what point we start talking strategy... Empty Re: Not sure at what point we start talking strategy...

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed May 23, 2012 12:20 pm

time=now, OBHF you started it and made some good points, I think when we have a bunch of guys online, everybody in the party, should pick a central game captin for like three matchs and let him call the shots. Then just pass the captin spot around to another person in the party. I think if you do it that way, we could find out different strats and tips quicker. And Fyi we still need a S7 game commander for GRFS.

Ive only played the beta for about 5 hours and It seemed to me if you had 2 snipers that hang back and rifleman and a engineer that stayed kinda close to each other, sort a parallel from each others cover one watching the left and one watching the right. Then the whole team can slowly move up as the enginner uses his tech to find the enemys. I also think if you move as a pack and use the map play area limits, ie far left or far right then you "choke down " the only way the enemys can come at you.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Not sure at what point we start talking strategy... Empty Re: Not sure at what point we start talking strategy...

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I am all for talking strategy. This game is definitely heavy on strat and teamwork. If you want to win you have to work as a team. Of course I still have no idea what is going on at this point. I just played once last night and only got to see a few maps. I still don't know my way around or the best way(s) to take and hold objectives. As you stated, it will take a few weeks before we really start to get used to everything and leveled up. But, here are a few tips so far...

1) You must have a balanced team of Engineers, Scouts and Rifleman

2) You must actively work toward the objective. Know where it is and how much time is left (conquest mode). The only way to win the match is to take the objectives.

3) KDR doesn't mean sh1t. Taking objectives and supporting your team is key.

4) Once an objective is lost be ready to move to the next one. Don't stay and keep fighting over a lost objective. You are losing valuable time that could be spent setting up on the next objective.

5) Situational awareness. Know what is going on. Where is the target? Did the objective move? How much time is left on the current objective? Where is the enemy coming from? If you can't answer these questions you need to pay more attention.

6) Learn the maps. Find the choke points and hold them. Hold past the objective towards the enemy spawn and learn the flanking routes if you get pinned down in your own spawn. Map knowledge is probably the most important thing in the game.

7) Use your equipment. If you have grenades, throw them. Same with smoke and EMP. Especially smoke, my personal favorite. Use it to cover an objective for your team to take. Use it to cover a choke point so you team can run through or use it to distract. Thrown smoke on one entrance and then come in the other. But no matter what, use your equipment.

---------------

Eventually I would like to do up official strategies for each map but that will have to come with time.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm

In my experience with the clan it will take a good month or 2 for strategies to hit the surface. This is do to allowing all member new and old to get a feel for the game and the respective roles they want to play. In GRAW one and two I remember playing a fast moving riflemen with a built in silencer. My goal was to flank the enemy if possible and relay positions. It was a high risk, high reward style and I loved the rush it gave me when i could sweep the enemy team from the flank. I also remember players like Atrum ( correct me if I'm wrong ) played the sniper role more then not and focused on locking down likely traveled areas and relaying enemy movements. I personally haven't played the new GRAW but from your post I can definitive roles not only in play style but in the class you pick.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed May 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah, Mcamp and I were playing together for a couple hours yesterday and we seemed to do better when he played the engineer and I ran a rifleman. Even in such a small group we were pretty effective as a two man fire team.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 pm

I haven't started looking yet but if anyone finds some map scans give me a link. I'm notorious for my GR map overviews.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed May 23, 2012 7:06 pm

I think the maps may be on the Ghost recon network site.

I was playing with Free and a few guys earlier today in some Mp.
One thing I learned it the Shotgun for the engineer is a better option than the first group of "Personal defense weapons" It has some crazy range. The Mp7 the scouts get is a great weapon I wish I could use that as an engineer.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm

S7 OC wrote:I think the maps may be on the Ghost recon network site.

I was playing with Free and a few guys earlier today in some Mp.
One thing I learned it the Shotgun for the engineer is a better option than the first group of "Personal defense weapons" It has some crazy range. The Mp7 the scouts get is a great weapon I wish I could use that as an engineer.

Interesting, maybe I'll try giving the shotgun a shot.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down