Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins)

+2
S7 Sticky
S7 Zalacious
6 posters

Go down

Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins) Empty Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins)

Post by S7 Zalacious Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Starting today people are now able to play TOR depending on when they redeemed their pre-order key.

If anyone is still interested in this game I will be playing on the Nadd's Sarcophagus server. It is a pvp server so be warned.

If I disappear for a few weeks you all know why Razz
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins) Empty Re: Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins)

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:Starting today people are now able to play TOR depending on when they redeemed their pre-order key.

If anyone is still interested in this game I will be playing on the Nadd's Sarcophagus server. It is a pvp server so be warned.

If I disappear for a few weeks you all know why Razz

dont worry z ill be the same way when D3 comes out as it is i have finished the beta like no zoke 100+times with every charater
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins) Empty Re: Star Wars The Old Republic (early access begins)

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:11 pm

If I had a decent PC I'd actually be very interested in this game, but for me it's no fun if I have to run the lowest settings just to be able to play.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Still debating with myself on this. I really want to play it but I know how it will suck me in and eat my time.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Still debating with myself on this. I really want to play it but I know how it will suck me in and eat my time.

Totally understand that, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to get into this. I was kinda on the fence but now that SKYRIM is eating my soul I don't really have time for another RPG. And in March I'll be picking up ME3 so that will give me a sci-fi RPG. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to this game a couple years ago when they originally started to work on it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Bear Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:14 pm

I've had several opportunities to get in on Beta testing weekends for TOR. If you enjoyed WoW, then you would probably like this game, as for myself. I hated Wow, not a big fan of grinding either and I was not ever able to play for more than 40 minutes at a time.

Little Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Little Bear wrote:I've had several opportunities to get in on Beta testing weekends for TOR. If you enjoyed WoW, then you would probably like this game, as for myself. I hated Wow, not a big fan of grinding either and I was not ever able to play for more than 40 minutes at a time.

If you actually do the content in the game there is no grind to speak of. As far as comparing TOR to WOW, yes the basic formula is the same, but here is a newsflash...WOW did not create that formula.

Anyways the game is amazing in every way. Smoothest initial launch of a MMO I have been a part of. I know it technically has not launched yet but you get what I am saying. The story is amazing, graphics are acceptable, and it is fricken star wars game made by Bioware...need I say more? Smile

Only have about ten hours of playtime under my belt so far but I have enjoyed myself more so then I ever did in WoW, STO, WAR, and a few others.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Bear Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:06 am

I'm aware that WoW didn't create the formula. However given the widespread popularity of said game, it is an easy comparison for people to understand. Having said that, I did not state at any point that they were the same game, my statement was a reflection based on the fact that most people I know that have disliked WoW and also played the TOR beta also disliked it. Obviously it is not the same game.

I also did not say that everybody would dislike it, merely made an observation that if one were not into MMO's then there was a good chance that despite initial excitement at a Bioware Star Wars MMO, they might not be as interested as hoped. Obviously anybody that enjoyed that formula would disregard my opinion since they already know they enjoy it. Seems to make sense.

Little Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm

I miss grinding drudges and lugians in Asheron's Call. That game was so epic - I haven't seen an MMO since that matches its content, stability, balance, and inventiveness. I have high hopes for The Old Republic though. But then again, I had high hopes for Galaxies too.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down