Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sooooooo

+4
S7 wonky
S7 Panzer
Atrum
S7 Vision67
8 posters

Go down

Sooooooo Empty Sooooooo

Post by S7 Vision67 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories!
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Sooooooo Empty Re: Sooooooo

Post by Atrum Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Saw that this morning and was freaking out. So excited.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:54 pm

sweet ill join you guys for sure.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 pm

holy sh1t so close and d@mn monthly fees..
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Hmmm, anyone know what the monthly fees are going to be for it? Trying to figure out if I'm going to be getting into this.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 am

Not sure, got the email today,,that freaked me out.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Hmmm, anyone know what the monthly fees are going to be for it? Trying to figure out if I'm going to be getting into this.

more then likely 15 a month
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:20 am

hate monthly fees for games why i never played why i already pay for game fly and for live idk if i wanna pay for this also
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Hmmm, anyone know what the monthly fees are going to be for it? Trying to figure out if I'm going to be getting into this.

RTFA

Sheesh.

Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

Edit: And if you thought that this was going to be free from monthly fees.. GTFO. Really. I don't think you understand how MMO-RPGs backed by multi-year production cycles work. This isn't Maple Story. A Free To Play model based on micro transaction revenue doesn't work for the type of game TOR is.

If you're going to let subscription fee get in the way of playing a game with this much production value behind it, I doubt you'll ever play a MMO with proper and full content cycles.

But I mean it's totally cool if you want to stick with XBL. subscription based MMOs are something that console gamers are totally not exposed to. You pay for games, you pay for XBL, and that's it. You base your money around a once a year renewed subscription and the next big AAA title. Since pretty much all sub based MMOs have been PC based (with the exception of FFXIV and maybe a few others), people who game in these circles are used to the $15/mo model.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Yup, $15/month is what I expected. It's a legit MMO so that's not bad. I'm sure there will be some sort of trial to let people on the ropes test it out.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

It's not that I'm not willing to pay $15/mo to play a game, it's that I'm pretty sure that I won't have the time to play the game enough to make it worth the subscription. Between spending time with my wife, console games, and work, that doesn't leave a lot of time for a computer game. I know that the answer is you make time, but that's easier said than done. I'll probably wait a bit and see how you fanboys like the game before I think about jumping in.

That being said, I've really been looking forward to this since I first heard about the game. I played the hell out of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and have played KOTOR 2 within the last couple of years on the 360 in anticipation of this game. I hope it's good and that I can justify getting into it. Here's hoping that I become a store manager soon and can put the money and time aside for it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:03 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:It's not that I'm not willing to pay $15/mo to play a game, it's that I'm pretty sure that I won't have the time to play the game enough to make it worth the subscription. Between spending time with my wife, console games, and work, that doesn't leave a lot of time for a computer game. I know that the answer is you make time, but that's easier said than done. I'll probably wait a bit and see how you fanboys like the game before I think about jumping in.

That being said, I've really been looking forward to this since I first heard about the game. I played the hell out of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and have played KOTOR 2 within the last couple of years on the 360 in anticipation of this game. I hope it's good and that I can justify getting into it. Here's hoping that I become a store manager soon and can put the money and time aside for it.

I totally understand. Between working 40+ hours a week, finishing my last degree, and spending much of my free time with my GF I find myself having a lot less free time to game like I used to. Lately I have found myself being very choosy about which games I decide to fork money over for. I ended up canceling pre-orders for 3 games this year just because I could not justify the purchase. That being said there is no way in hell I am not going to get this game. If it is even half as cool as I think it will be I will feel fine spending money on it.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm pretty sure it will be more than cool, I just don't know where I'll get the time to play it and do it the justice is deserves. When I used to play KOTOR 1/2, that would be all I'd play. However, I've got preorders in for Forza 4 and MW3, and I'd like to pick up Gears 3. On top of that, after the start of the year there's SSX, ME3 and Ghost Recon.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:It's not that I'm not willing to pay $15/mo to play a game, it's that I'm pretty sure that I won't have the time to play the game enough to make it worth the subscription. Between spending time with my wife, console games, and work, that doesn't leave a lot of time for a computer game. I know that the answer is you make time, but that's easier said than done. I'll probably wait a bit and see how you fanboys like the game before I think about jumping in.

I totally understand. Between working 40+ hours a week, finishing my last degree, and spending much of my free time with my GF I find myself having a lot less free time to game like I used to. Lately I have found myself being very choosy about which games I decide to fork money over for. I ended up canceling pre-orders for 3 games this year just because I could not justify the purchase. That being said there is no way in hell I am not going to get this game. If it is even half as cool as I think it will be I will feel fine spending money on it.

Same boat here. I'm doing 55 hours weeks and raising the baby. Playing Single player isn't a big deal but I find I get in to 'trouble' when I start games that I can't just pause so I have to be a lot more choosy on which games to commit too. Like Zalacious here, I'm definitely getting ToR. It's release late enough that by then I'll have had a decent amount in to the other games and should have some free time.

Trying to decide on what sleep schedule to use to have time for games. Only difficult part for me is finding where to fit in my workouts with all these games. Maybe I'll just assign sundays for sleep and that's it haha.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 pm

As long as we're talking about schedules, I'll chime in too.

I picked up a new tutoring job on campus in the Learning Assistance Center, which pays well and I do one-on-one and walk-in tutoring for my subjects, as well as in the computer lab. I do this in addition to weekly tutoring I do at my old high school for their Academic Decathlon team. I also raid in WoW Sun-Wed 8-11. I'm also taking a full course schedule.

My guild is very fond of also playing League of Legends. I've had to cut LoL out almost completely because of having to do my Homework whenever I'm home and NOT raiding. Hell, this past week I did all of my math homework Wednesday night DURING raid because it was due by midnight that night.

Playing SWTOR I will in all likelihood give up WoW.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Wow Joe, hvae you decided on dropping WoW for ToR already? Or is this an internal battle currently going on?

PS: Also this is random, but Luckside now streams on twitch.tv. I made fun of some kid for about 20 minutes in the chat the other day before finding out it was T2 haha. If you're still in to Halo I recommend following his stream as a ridiculous amount of semi-pros and pros are in there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 pm

It is a WoW replacement, I can't imagine juggling both and the rest of life.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

Sounds like everyone has the same kinds of issue with trying to balance their real life and game life. Meh, we'll see what I'm able to do when this comes out.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: