Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Razer Onza revival

4 posters

Go down

Razer Onza revival Empty Razer Onza revival

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm

So, as some of you Forza players may know, the left trigger in my Onza went out a few weeks back. Found Razers customer support number online (it's not listed on their website) and got ahold of someone. Went over the issue and they sent me an email getting my info and my controllers info. From there they said the following:
Hello,

We apologize for the problems you have had with your Razer Product. In lieu of having to return the product for an exchange you can simply supply a picture of the unit showing the cut USB cord/audio connector and the serial number of the unit. Once we have the picture we can send out a replacement product for you. You should be able to cut the cord with a standard pair of scissors. Please be sure to show the cut USB cord/audio connector and the serial number in the same picture whenever possible.

We know that cutting the cord on a Razer product can be a bit painful for some of our devoted fans; truthfully, it makes us cringe a bit also. If you prefer to return your entire defective unit, just let us know and we will supply you with a traditional (RMA) Return Authorization Number. We just thought sending the picture would make things a bit easier and quicker for you.

Soo, pretty cool that they let you cut the cord and get a replacement. So if anyone else has an Onza that acts up, just email them.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Razer Onza revival Empty Re: Razer Onza revival

Post by S7 Epic Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Fairly sure you could just re-wire it too.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Yup, I'll be doing that. I've been wanting to try replacing the Onza triggers with standard Xbox ones but didnt want to waste the money.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey Atrum can you post that number or PM it to me I had some problems with mine as well were movement with the left stick would be really slow to even lag and stagger for act like I was stuck.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 pm

AtrumX wrote:Yup, I'll be doing that. I've been wanting to try replacing the Onza triggers with standard Xbox ones but didnt want to waste the money.

Think that customer support would care enough to really look hard to see if the cut cord was photoshopped?

Or hell, even a dummy cord could be cut instead.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

(888) 697-2037
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

So I got in contact with Razer they told me they would replace it if the place I bought it from would not (Amazon). I called Amazon and talked with a British english speaking man who did not understand me very well. Any way after talking to him way to long he told me the return window was only like 30 days after purchase. So i got back in touch with Razer and after a few emails back and forth with my purchase info and what not I got an email tonight telling me to cut the USB cord and take a picture and email it. So I just did. Did you get a new one yet Atrum? How long will it take?

PS your new sig confuses me when reading the forums I keep thinking that it is Wiggles posting but it is you. I have to go back and double check some times.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Lol @ the sig comment.

For mine it has not come in yet. Primarily because I always tear off any stickers on my computers, mice, controllers, etc. Apparently that sticker had the serial number on it so my last email explaining how the sticker is not on it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Ah ok Gotcha, Good luck with that one.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm not too worried about it since I bought it straight from them and have all the original packaging. Worst case scenario I'll probably just have to mail it in.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Sent them a pic of the top and bottom along with the box. They're shipping the controller now.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down