Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish I had some free time....

+2
S7 Epic
S7 K1ll3rKlown
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wish I had some free time.... Empty Wish I had some free time....

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:34 pm

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/index.php?option=com_dj_tabgen&view=tabgen&Itemid=54

I think this is pretty cool. You get to drive around the track in these REAL race cars for a few days. This is free to all new 302 Boss owners, but just to either bring my own 'Stang or drive one of theirs after lessons from true racing instructors has to be very cool!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Wish I had some free time.... Empty Re: Wish I had some free time....

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Morning Exercises
After building a solid foundation for car control through dynamic classroom sessions, Boss owners will practice cornering techniques, braking with downshifting, and vehicle dynamics.

Cornering, lol.

Btw- Just saw 'Senna' awesome film/documentary, a true racer.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

And when I say 'true racer' i'm not poking fun at your 'stangs or anything (that's what the first comment was for Twisted Evil), I just mean the guy was just a natural born racer.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:04 pm

I know you're just giving me a hard time but you don't think cornering would be taught no matter what vehicle is used? They are teaching "everyday Joes" how to handle these powerful beasts.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm

They probably drift more than corner - those are heavy beasts - looks like an amazing experience
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:50 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I know you're just giving me a hard time but you don't think cornering would be taught no matter what vehicle is used? They are teaching "everyday Joes" how to handle these powerful beasts.

I'd imagine they'll spend most of the time going sidewards but yeah, obviously cornering will be part of it. Cornering and racing lines are the bread and butter of motorsport....even in NASCAR.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Mustangs are far, far more responsive around corners than you guys know or give credit for.

2011 Mustang GT (@$35,500)
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 69.3

2011 BMW M3 coupe (@$74,550)
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 72.3

2011 base Corvette (@$54,045)
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph) 69.2

(all numbers from edmunds' insideline)

just imagine seeing a Mustang chasing an M3 down the freeway, and the guy with the M3 is utterly shocked knowing a car half the price and double the weight (not literally) can keep up not only in performance but....corner-for-corner. =}

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:01 am

Thats a 600ft slalom, hardly representative of either's race speed.

What numbers do cars like Porches, Lambos, etc. put up on the site/program?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 am

I don't know why you keep replying Klown- haters are always gonna hate.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 am

I have nothing against Mustangs but the simple fact is that they are overpowered, heavy, RWD cars and when pushed to the limit will have a tenancy to lose grip and kick the tail out. There is nothing they can do about it. Same issues exist with all powerful RWD cars. It is fast and fun to drive no doubt but not the car to use on a track day for superior lap times.

Now the 302 made a lot of improvements over other mustangs and is basically a track car that is street legal. Reduced weight, much better suspension and even some special track racing settings if you get a TrackKey. But even with all that, you still have to be very careful at the limit. Too much gas coming out of a corner and you are going to lose the back end. It's a fact.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:I have nothing against Mustangs but the simple fact is that they are overpowered, heavy, RWD cars and when pushed to the limit will have a tenancy to lose grip and kick the tail out. There is nothing they can do about it. Same issues exist with all powerful RWD cars. It is fast and fun to drive no doubt but not the car to use on a track day for superior lap times.

Now the 302 made a lot of improvements over other mustangs and is basically a track car that is street legal. Reduced weight, much better suspension and even some special track racing settings if you get a TrackKey. But even with all that, you still have to be very careful at the limit. Too much gas coming out of a corner and you are going to lose the back end. It's a fact.

^ That.

As i've said before though, I love American muscle and were it not for the narrow European streets, i'd likely own one. I don't need to take corners at speed driving around town, but I do need to look like a total badass. Can't do that in a soft-top Merc, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am

Or you could buy an Audi A6 and have a 4 door sport sedan that stays fairly close to GT's, and costs half the price Smile
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

AtrumX wrote:Or you could buy an Audi A6 and have a 4 door sport sedan that stays fairly close to GT's, and costs half the price Smile

Audi S4 all the way! Smaller (still good room and 4-doors), lighter, faster, with a bigger engine and better styling for the same $$$. It is currently my favorite car available today (realistic car, not counting crazy 2-seat supercars). Seriously, it's freakin amazing. I saw one at the dealership the other day and almost had an incident. It was brilliant black with the custom black and red interior. d@mn sexy!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

I think my next car will be a VW Passat to tide me over until I can get my Merc. Doubt i'll be able to afford the AMG version though =(
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I don't know why you keep replying Klown- haters are always gonna hate.

~mrmiller

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking.

Wish I had some free time.... Haters7
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Hey hey now, I like to give you are hard time but I am no hater. If you read my response you would know that I actually know what I am talking about with cars and even the 302. Mustangs are great cars but track day are not the specialty of the muscle car genera. Not just Mustangs but any extremely powerful RWD car. You can't sit here and honestly argue different. If you think that a RWD Mustang is going to lap better than X-Brand AWD with a 70/30 spit diff, then you are completely insane.

It may be true that haters gonna hate... but fanboys are blind.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Or you could buy an Audi A6 and have a 4 door sport sedan that stays fairly close to GT's, and costs half the price Smile

Audi S4 all the way! Smaller (still good room and 4-doors), lighter, faster, with a bigger engine and better styling for the same $$$. It is currently my favorite car available today (realistic car, not counting crazy 2-seat supercars). Seriously, it's freakin amazing. I saw one at the dealership the other day and almost had an incident. It was brilliant black with the custom black and red interior. d@mn sexy!

Like this?
Wish I had some free time.... S4

My best friend bought his about a month ago, it's all we ride anywhere. It's pretty weird racing some kids in a sh1tty tuner then noticing the speedometer hit 130 and not even feel over 60.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:It may be true that haters gonna hate... but fanboys are blind.
I would have read your response, but I was unable to see most of it due to a severe case of cataracts. I'm a blind fanboy and I love it!

It's cool, don't be sad for me....since my hearing isn't the same anymore either after the constant growls erupting from the steel Borla CatBack x-pipes. Guess I'll remain deaf and blind....oh, and d@mn HAPPY!! king LOL

I like what I like. No amount of talking or track stats, or discussion will stop what I've loved since I was a small child. You can tell me but I've inhaled the fumes for over 35 years now, too late for me...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

Like this?
Wish I had some free time.... S4

My best friend bought his about a month ago, it's all we ride anywhere. It's pretty weird racing some kids in a sh1tty tuner then noticing the speedometer hit 130 and not even feel over 60.

Yes, that is a 2008/09 it's it? I was referring to the 2010/11 but that will do just fine. the new ones have a 330hp Supercharged V6!. Of course, my favorite Audi is still the 2007/08 RS4. It looks just like your friends with the same body but with a 420hp V8!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:18 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:It may be true that haters gonna hate... but fanboys are blind.
I would have read your response, but I was unable to see most of it due to a severe case of cataracts. I'm a blind fanboy and I love it!

It's cool, don't be sad for me....since my hearing isn't the same anymore either after the constant growls erupting from the steel Borla CatBack x-pipes. Guess I'll remain deaf and blind....oh, and d@mn HAPPY!! king LOL

I like what I like. No amount of talking or track stats, or discussion will stop what I've loved since I was a small child. You can tell me but I've inhaled the fumes for over 35 years now, too late for me...LOL

LOL! Fanboys may be blind and hard of hearing but at least they know how to speak up loud and clear! Don't worry Klown. Keep lovin those Stangs and we'll keep bustin your balls. The world keeps on spinning. Our different opinions and views is what makes this world an amazing and special place.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 pm

His is actually an 06', so it's got a 4.2L 340hp v8. Not sure if he upgraded the exhaust or not but that's what they are stock.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:45 pm

AtrumX wrote:His is actually an 06', so it's got a 4.2L 340hp v8. Not sure if he upgraded the exhaust or not but that's what they are stock.

Oh nice! The B6 is probably the 2nd best engine they made. That thing will smoke almost anything! I thought that was the B5 with the 2.7L TT-V6, which is also pretty bad ass but not quite as much.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Yeah, it's cool 'Septor.
All I'll say is something I've said on these forums before. You can tell a lot about a man from the liquor he drinks, the car that he drives, and the woman he allows to keep him company. If all men were truly created equal; they'd all be manly enough to drive a Mustang.

...LOL lol!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm

On a fairly unrelated side note the car I want in forza 4:
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/11/the-40-mpg-450/
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Nice! (and we have pretty much totally hijacked this thread)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next