Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

+7
Air7Cav
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 mrmiller
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism Empty Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

Post by S7 OC Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:04 pm

It's unclear if the in-development game will be shown at E3.
http://kotaku.com/5807528/rainbow-six-will-blow-your-freakin\'-mind

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism Empty Re: Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:52 pm

i hope so
but i am sure it will take alot of flack
being set in NY and all
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism Empty Re: Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:11 pm

New Rainbow Six- Yes please! Hopefully we will hear something official at E3 tomorrow.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:26 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:New Rainbow Six- Yes please! Hopefully we will hear something official at E3 tomorrow.

~mrmiller

RETURN OF THE FAMAS O DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 am

YEEESSSS!! I am so ready for this.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Do I need to even say anything? Rolling Eyes cheers
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:48 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Do I need to even say anything? Rolling Eyes cheers

Absolutely not! The old crew can get rolling again! This is the franchise I joined BB....er yeah, uh, you guys with.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 pm

hhmm...a new Rainbow and I may come out of GC retirement and put my name in the basket for leadership of this one. bounce
Maybe/maybe not but one thing is for sure, I will definitely pre-order and have 12 midnight, take off the next day and play 24 hrs. non-stop!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:hhmm...a new Rainbow and I may come out of GC retirement and put my name in the basket for leadership of this one. bounce
Maybe/maybe not but one thing is for sure, I will definitely pre-order and have 12 midnight, take off the next day and play 24 hrs. non-stop!!

GC Cool I enjoyed having you as such for this game then, good experience!

S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 am

Did any one hear any official news on this or see any videos?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

No, by the time I got home and hit G4 they were doing the PS3 stuff. I think it was a replay from earlier in the day. Basically I missed all the good stuff and depend on you guys to post everything.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:15 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:hhmm...a new Rainbow and I may come out of GC retirement and put my name in the basket for leadership of this one. bounce

Preorder, midnight start and take off from work? Klown you lie!! j/k
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Do I need to even say anything? Rolling Eyes cheers

Ditto!! (Add 3 "Goodie! Goodie!" and a "Spazalicious" after that.)
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 am

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:New Rainbow Six- Yes please! Hopefully we will hear something official at E3 tomorrow.

~mrmiller

RETURN OF THE FAMAS O DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

You and that d@mn FAMAS! I swear half of my inter-clan game night deaths were to you...and half of Klown's were to me while we were on the same team Wink
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote: I swear half of my inter-clan game night deaths were to you...and half of Klown's were to me while we were on the same team Wink

LOL, good times!
better to have you shoot me in the back while shooting at Sticky than to have sticky shoot me with that d@mn famas!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Sticky ain't nothing against my Mtar or LMG ! Let the Battle begin. Oh yeah and my full body armor.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 pm

I hate to be a bummer but I have to say this. Yes I'm fuckinstoked that I get another Rainbow Six to play on my 360, however I am quite disappointed with the storyline aspect.
What I'm about to say may get a little political, and I apologize. If it's too out of line I will accept the concequences for what I say whatever it may be. Because I can't be myself if I don't say this here. If you wish to have no part of anything I'm going to say below just stop reading here and skip over the last part.

I for one find it offensive to have a game where you shoot fellow citizens of the country you live in for reasons such as stated. While I am harshly opposed to terrorist acts, and I do not agree with the thought of having to kill people to make a change, I do not like that the game will be glorifying slaughtering citizens of your own country. Yes there are crime games, but that's a different mentality. This game seems like propaganda is laid every line. What about your forefathers? The founding fathers stepped up to tell Great Britain that they could fuckrightoff no? Terrorism as defined by official U.S. documents is the calculated use of violence or threat of violence, To obtain goals that are political, religious, or ideological instate. That falls under exactly what your forefathers did. This game more or less steps on a LOT of toes. Now I'm not a radical revolutionary, but even your electoral candidates state the need for change. What if the situation gets worse, especially with this supposed food shortage this year. If it gets really bad, what do you think people will do? No matter what way you side politically, and with what I just said, do you not think it comes of as even a little bit offensive?

Let's face it, there is a huge amount malcontent going on in the world right now between citizens, and their ruling government. if you don't believe me try google'ing "2nd American civil war"(4,960,000 results) or "2nd American revolution"(About 4,650,000 results), or even "American resistance movement"About 5,320,000 results). Those are people who live in your country now.

I speak not for America as I do not live there, but Canada sure has it's share of Dissension seekers. (Egypt?), and there have been Riots in the UK not too long ago. This game sends the message that killing citizens that are upset that their government is okay, and a healthy thing in today's world. That PISSES ME OFF! And I sure as hell hope I'm not the only one.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Sony: DKMU_OmniZero

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm

All I would say is don't take it so seriously...it's a game to be played for enjoyment.
Nothing more, nothing less. If you protest I understand, but we'll be having a hell of a lot of fun without you...hope you decide to join us.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 am

Oh i'll play the multiplayer with you guys like a mad motherf#cker, don't you worry. Just like old times Smile
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 am

As long it's not citizens of your own country, killing is perfectly fine in videogames...

I can't claim to know what Canada is like for dissension but the UK didn't exactly have riots. They were protests, spoilt by small anarchist groups there purely to cause trouble, along with Police who dealt with the situation very badly and IMO serves only to stir up extra trouble.

Egypt is a different story altogether but long story short, they grew tired of a dictator who had mistreated them for years. It's perfectly understandable.

Now, I don't agree with violence towards peaceful protesters BUT neither do I agree with you lumping them in the same boat as terrorists.

Ultimately, I think that some people will be offended by the game, same as some people were offended by MW2, same as the Mexicans are probably offended that they are always being killed in pretty much EVERY Tom Clancy game. What can I say? The dude clearly hates Mexicans. Anyway, my point is, there is always something you can take offense to but really, it's your choice wether you let yourself be offended by it or not, personally, I feel that so long as it is dealt with tactfully and respectfully, there isn't anything that should be censored from a videogame.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:48 am

I'm not for censoring material either, I just don't think that we need to cast our own people in a dehumanizing manner. I wouldn't agree with blowing up sh1t to make a change, but the spirit of change and responsibility is what this generation lacks. I just don't want to see people pigeon holing revolutionaries, and activists as terrorists in the way the Dark ages slung the term "Witch". That's all I meant.

Also, by riots in the UK, I was referring to the results of the tuition hikes. I heard there was some turmoil over that.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 am

I guess, but I think we need to see the full scope of the game's plot before we can accuse it of that type of thing.

Yeah, we had student protests due to the Government cutting education by 60% and almost tripling tuition fees. The protests were peaceful, yet the police felt the need to 'kettle' protesters into a tight space (to the extent that people were getting trampled and/or found it hard to breath), couple that with the aforementioned anarchist groups and you have a nice spin for the media. Student Riots grab a lot more attention than 'Peaceful Protest Spoilt By Anarchist Retards And Idiotic Police'...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:51 am

I will wait to see more before I pass judgement but I don't really see a problem. What does it matter what country they are from? Terrorist are terrorist. If they are threatening/killing innocent Americans they have to be stopped with appropriate force. Period. I don't care where they are from. Is it somehow OK to kill Middle Eastern terrorist but not American ones? Are people from other countries lives any less important than American lives?

Plus this isn't anything new. Go watch a few seasons of 24. While there are outside influences at work, many of the terrorist involved are Americans, even the President in one of the seasons. Just remember, it's fiction, written for entertainment purposes. As long as it's well written I have no problem with it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:25 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: Just remember, it's fiction, written for entertainment purposes. As long as it's well written I have no problem with it.

Amen! Plus, every country has to deal with homegrown terrorism. We've even had our own just to name a few:

Apr 19, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing in
Jul 27, 1996 - Centennial Olympic Park Bombing in Altanta
May 10, 2010 - Pipe Bombing outside of a Mosque in Jacksonville, Florida
Jan. 17, 2011 - pipe bomb discovered along the route of the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial march.
And I won't even get into all the unrest from the 1950s through the 1970s relating to civil rights and anti-war groups.

Games like R6 just tackle very real possibilities that lie just under the surface of some so radical groups we have in this country. Every ethnicity is "represented" by a radical group. It's only a matter of time before ish pops off.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote: Just remember, it's fiction, written for entertainment purposes. As long as it's well written I have no problem with it.

Amen! Plus, every country has to deal with homegrown terrorism. We've even had our own just to name a few:

Apr 19, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing in
Jul 27, 1996 - Centennial Olympic Park Bombing in Altanta
May 10, 2010 - Pipe Bombing outside of a Mosque in Jacksonville, Florida
Jan. 17, 2011 - pipe bomb discovered along the route of the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial march.
And I won't even get into all the unrest from the 1950s through the 1970s relating to civil rights and anti-war groups.

Games like R6 just tackle very real possibilities that lie just under the surface of some so radical groups we have in this country. Every ethnicity is "represented" by a radical group. It's only a matter of time before ish pops off.

or i have a better idea how but do what i do dont think about it play the game for what it is a game.
cant wait i love R6LV2 its was EPIC
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next