Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please.

3 posters

Go down

Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please. Empty Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please.

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 am

So I just got a new rig and of course had to update windows quite a bit. I seem to have an issue where an update is failing to install/download. I used the windows update fix it utility that came windows and it detected an error and fix it but I still seem to be having issues. I also keep installing 2 updates every time I power down my pc.

Any suggestions that do not include wipe and re-install? I am thinking of uninstalling all updates that I have installed since plugging my rig in and reinstalling them. Seems like a viable fix.
Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be wonderful.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please. Empty Re: Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please.

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 am

I don't know. I just bought a new laptop last weekend, and had to do the windows update like 3 times, but didn't have anything fail out on me. If you made the restore disks, maybe you should start over from scratch?

First thing I do when I get a new computer is make 2 sets of back up disks and secondly update the windows updates, then uninstall the virus scan software (normally Norton or McAfee), and lastly install my new Virus Scan (lately Kasper, previously AVG). I've bought 3 computers since Christmas and haven't had any issues like you are showing.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please. Empty Re: Having a Windows update issue need some guidance please.

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 am

Think I may have gotten it sorted out. Dug around the microsoft website and they have a another fix it utility that seemed to do the trick.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:44 am

Sounds like you've got it. On a side note, MSE ftw for virus scanners. On the rare occasion I think I might be infected (it's been ages) I'll just run malwarebytes, hitman pro (Free version) and super antispyware. Gets just about everything. Combofix + Hijack This gets just about everything else out there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down