Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Prize vault!

+5
S7 Coolhand
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Air7Cav
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
9 posters

:: General :: About S7

Go down

S7 Prize vault! Empty S7 Prize vault!

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 am

As you all have seen, in the past year we have been offering a large supply of prizes for our clan events. The majority of these have been donated by single member (thanks Droopy!) but several have been offered by other members as well who have attended and held clan events. It was noted in our “clan feedback” thread that several of you had interest in helping out with the donation of prizes for any events- even those you may not attend and didn’t want to have to plan and run. With that idea, we have been at long discussion trying to find the proper way to handle the prizes in an easy and ethical fashion. This is our current solution, but feel free to offer feedback if you see better ways of handling it.

The idea is to create a “Prize Vault” where we will keep all the donated prizes and distribute them out for the various clan events. The prizes will be kept by the Clan Events Officer and he will issue them to whoever requests to have a prize for an event.

First off- no one is required to donate prizes, and we will not be soliciting donations. Only offer one up if you want, and feel free to request the prize be used in a fashion you would prefer (“give this out in a COD event”, “use this in one of the late night tourneys”, etc…). We will let the participants in the clan event know who donated the prize, and who to thank if they win. You can request the prize be anonymous as well, and the winner will only know it comes from the vault and not who donated it.

Secondly, no money is to change hands. We would like to offer up things like point cards and gift certificates. Preferably, anything that can be E-mailed or PM’d, with no physical handling or shipping to the winner. So anything from a MS point card, Amazon gift certificate, or iTunes credits- things of that nature. Of course if you have a special prize to offer (custom card decks, throwing axe, homemade cookies, etc) we can arrange to offer those prizes too, but would rather offer those when a planed event is scheduled. The idea of the vault is to have prizes on hand for any future clan event, and all members are still encouraged to have their own special events and offer up their own unique prizes if they so desire.

The prizes will be kept by the Clan Events officer (or CC), and they will issue them at their discretion. They do not have to go only to game commanders running tournaments, but can go to anyone who is planning a clan-wide (and clan only) event. Keep in mind the issuing of the prizes is at the CC’s discretion, and a request could be denied. So for instance, if OC and Klown want a prize for their Red Sox vs. Yankees MLB 2011 showdown they are going to play over the weekend, they can keep dreaming- LOL.

All in all, this is still on the honor system, and is in line with upholding our clan’s goals and ideals. We will have to trust everyone is going to send in valid codes (and not use them once submitted) and the members will have to trust that they will be issued out properly. With our main goals of promoting fun and honorable game play, the prize vault should work effortlessly, and add a dimension to the clan events to keep it fresh and fun for everyone.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

S7 Prize vault! Empty Re: S7 Prize vault!

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:02 am

To offer a prize for the vault- PM me or another member of the CC. Send us any codes associated with the prize and note if you want it to be anonymous or if you have any special request tied to the prize.

To request a prize from the vault- PM me or another member of the CC. Let us know the event you are planning and we can then tell you what prizes are available, and reserve what you need for your planned event. We will then PM you the code so that you may issue it to the winner.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:28 am

cool idea, I'll keep my cyber shopping eye open. Just a fyi alot of the prizes, mostly the gc and ms point cards, I get I usually find a great deal on, or use my credit card rewards, or my bonus gift card for buying a game, etc. mrmiller you really need to get on the lab survey thing, I just did 3 surveys in about 10 min and should get 3 $10 amazon gc for, 10min for the clan = $30 amzon gift cards for the clan! woot!
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Great idea. I had already offered back to CoolH my Homefront prize so there is something for the vault.

Can physical items be added to the prize list? For example, what if Glock offered up one of his handmade pens or when someone previously offered up a throwing axe?
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:03 pm

To answer your question AirCav...
S7 mrmiller wrote:Of course if you have a special prize to offer (custom card decks, throwing axe, homemade cookies, etc) we can arrange to offer those prizes too, but would rather offer those when a planed event is scheduled.

As all have noted, I absolutely love the idea. Early congrats to any winners and I'll certainly throw a few "cubes of sugar" into the pot myself!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Thx Klown - missed that part in miller's post. Had an adult slide show running in the window next to this one ... got distracted. Twisted Evil
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

S7 Prize vault! Empty s7 dogtag bottle openers

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 pm

here are some pics of the s7 dogtag bottle openers that I'm donating to the vault for prizes
there is a total of 5
one is for a forza event
one is for a daytime blk ops tourney
and three are for whatever, so get your tourney/event go n on! and contact the "red guys" for details
S7 Prize vault! Secure10
S7 Prize vault! Secure11
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 am

Wow those turned out great!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 am

how do I get one I must have! haha they look great.
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 am

S7 wonky wrote:how do I get one I must have! haha they look great.

if you would read the post wonky
DROOPYmcC00L wrote:here are some pics of the s7 dogtag bottle openers that I'm donating to the vault for prizes
there is a total of 5
one is for a forza event
one is for a daytime blk ops tourney
and three are for whatever, so get your tourney/event go n on! and contact the "red guys" for details

S7 Prize vault! Secure10
S7 Prize vault! Secure11
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 pm

yeah yeah yeah i read it..
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 pm

...but failed to comprehend the strange language that was used...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Droopy doesn't know Panzish
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Slick. Hope to win one.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:42 pm

so whats all in the vault
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:20 pm

One does not simply ask what is in the vault.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down