Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homefront

+7
S7 mrmiller
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 DieharD
S7 wonky
Air7Cav
S7 Sticky
Shuntentatsu
11 posters

Go down

Homefront Empty Homefront

Post by Shuntentatsu Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Homefront Empty Re: Homefront

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 pm

acr + scar = win

wait acr 3 round burst fail
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

No SPAS!!! Major bummer!!
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that's not a complete list, and Sticky the SCAR was 3-round burst noob
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

black ops night before I do play for a hell of a long time?
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:48 am

sitting in a crowd of easily 100 people @ my gamestop waiting for homefront
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DieharD Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 am

hmmm midnight release?
S7 DieharD
S7 DieharD
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 DieharD

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 am

Getting mine thru Gamefly... shipped Monday should have it Wednesday
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Played for about an hour, and its really fun so far. I worry about snipers, as the maps are nice and big. Can't wait to play more.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm

played for about 4 hours .. snipers are not that big of a problem as people can mark them and they get killed fast.

game is great right now the servers are being hit hard so its hard to get into a game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 am

I thought I would write a quick review too.

I got quite a few hours in last night, with the clan in private matches and solo in ranked matches. It seems the servers were overloaded, but aren’t they always when a new game comes out? Still, I had a really good time and the game is pretty good.

To be honest, as I think Interseptor put it- it is more of the same. You could re-brand this Modern Warfare 3, have Makarov siding with the Koreans, and no one would have known the difference. It has perks and kill streaks, weapon upgrades and skins, everything like the COD games of late. What they have done is improve on the delivery.

Now you get points for kills, captures, defends, etc., which lead to your kill streaks. So if you get 100 points a kill, and the air strike is 500 points, essentially a 5 kill streak gets you the air strike. What’s cool now is the points carry over from life to life, so eventually you should have the points to invest in the streaks you want. No more throwing your controller when you get killed one kill away from your chopper gunner, and more importantly no more camping it up to get that last kill you need to earn your streak. It works the same for vehicles too. You can use your points early and buy a humvee, or save up for the tank. The system really allows for everyone to get a kill streak and vehicle, and the better players will just get more of them.

The perks are also done differently. You still set them up in your custom classes like before, and must reach certain levels to unlock specific perks. But now all of the perks you’ve unlocked are available, and each are worth so many “points” from 1-3. You start with 4 “perk points” and can buy whatever perks you want with a max of 3. Some perks like rapid reload are cheap and only cost 1 point, and some like the extra nades are expensive and cost 3 points. You can mix and match all the perks, and are not constrained to one from “perk one group” one from “perk two group” and so on. I was running the rapid reload (1pt), quick ADS (1pt), and increased knife range/commando (2pt) perks for my allotment of 4 points. I’m not sure, but it looks like at rank 25 or so you might get an additional point.

The different weapons unlock at different ranks, just like COD, and the attachments unlock after getting so many kills with that weapon, also just like COD. So far all the starting weapons seem really good. There are a few less weapons than in COD, but there is still a good range and selection.

The maps are really cool, most are big with lots of sniper positions, hidey holes, and different routes through the maps. I’m sure I haven’t seen them all, as I mainly played TDM and I think some of the other game modes have the even larger maps. Most seem to be neighborhoods and street corners, staying true to the Homefront theme, but there are also some in a refinery and other industrialized places. Still, there is nothing like sitting atop Hooters and sniping people out of the lobby of White Castle- LOL.

So far I like it a lot, even if it is essentially “more of the same.” It does have enough “improvements” over the COD system of dealing out perks and killstreaks, as well as the addition of vehicles to make it feel new and exciting.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 am

Nice write up Miller. Thanks.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 am

Agree entirely Miller.

I bought it yesterday and love it. The M4 rifle felt like I was shooting spitwads, but the next unlock was the ACR so I'm doing better. Was playing deathmatch last night and running with a Wolverine with "rhino skin" (increaseed armor on drones) and the increased drone speed. Really owns if you use it right and keeps you safe (hopefully if you hide well). Had an RPG as my second and used it to destroy enemy tanks a few times. Expect I'll upgrade to that little flying chopper with guns once I unlock it.

I think people kept popping flak jackets on right before I would start battling them sometimes - the "on the fly" rewards are awesome - now when Tico poaches all your kills you will still get points for the assists to put towards rewards.

Once they fix the server issue and we can jump on as a group of 16 to own the public we will have some epic huge battles with more clanmates on one side than we have seen in a game yet. I have really high hopes for this game.

If you're on the fence about buying another FPS, do it - sell back COD:BO if you need to - so far I like this game way better. It meshes the Battlefield vehicles with the COD perks. No stupid 4 person squads like battlefield, you can always talk to your entire team.

Multiplayer 2-32... really. I'll be patient while they work out their issues - this is a great game!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:07 am

multiplayer party game search = fukin fail
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 am

S7 Tico wrote:multiplayer party game search = fukin fail

From the update Sticky posted in the other thread:

Our ‘Skirmish’ playlists are capped at a lower player count (16 max) which means they do not require a dedicated server. Our peer-to-peer networking code runs great, and the performance will be similar to what you’d expect from any FPS with a solid peer-to-peer infrastructure, like the Halo series. You will certainly be able to get a queue-free taste of the full Homefront experience, until our dedicated server capacity is high enough to support demand.

Has anyone been trying to get in these games with a group of 8? I know I was going for the big game modes and having a hard time getting in, but when I switched to TDM I seemed to get in easy. This must be the reason.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 am

I was in a lobby with 7 and did not have too much of a problem...actually at one time I think there was 8. We did Skirmish for the most part and did have fun. I played with a 1 or 2 S7 clan mates and some old friends I haven't seen for awhile since the majority of our clan were doing "their" thing.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

ya from what i have read there skirmish mode is a peer to peer just like cod
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:32 am

Still loving this game, but it is still a pain in the ass to get everyone in a party to make it in - once you get in a game you really don't want to leave and play the lobby waiting game again. Hope they fix the issue soon - it really is a lot of fun.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 am

Well, my copy was shipped to me yesterday so I should have it by Monday. See you guys then.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down