Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulletstorm is GOOD!

+2
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Knowledge
6 posters

Go down

Bulletstorm is GOOD! Empty Bulletstorm is GOOD!

Post by S7 Knowledge Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:02 am

I must say I like this game, more than I thought I would. The story is good enough, and now I wanna read the books. I'm playing it on the hardest level as usual, so most of you that have it will beat it WAY before me. I could care less if I die, but then nothing frustrates me. A meteor could be about to hit the Earth and the only thing I'd say is "WOW!" I'm really way too mellow. Thats what I get for being a chill dude (sorry people, never done drugs or alcohol). I can't wait till the Gears 3 Beta is ready to go! Very Happy
S7 Knowledge
S7 Knowledge

GamerTag : S7 Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm is GOOD! Empty Re: Bulletstorm is GOOD!

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 am

Not sure how a Drug/Alcohol PSA got in here but moving along... Rolling Eyes

is the game too repetitive? (as the demo seems to show)

and before you answer... are you playing it long enough to reach a really repetitive feeling, ie 2 hour stretch or so... if you're not well then I guess you can't answer that
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Sorry, I didnt like the demo. I tried to give it a shot (it was too short for one thing) but basically after going back and getting kills in different ways I didn't see myself playing this game very often at all.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 am

i have played about 3 hours into it

and it plays alot better then the demo got a big Gears feel to it..
graphics are freakin\' sweet and good funny story line.

have not tryed MP yet any game fly people have it yet mybe we can run a lobby tonight?
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I rented it today, and should be online later tonight. That is if I don't crash out early due to the all-nighter.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:got a big Gears feel to it..
I noticed this during the demo, as they also use weapons designed like the "chainsaw machine gun" weapon that GOW used. That made me think of it and that they were trying to make it with that same flavor but failed for me. I own every GOW game and can't wait for the next, but not looking for a knock-off version until the release. It's a no for me.

Have fun though...
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:22 am

I'll give Bulletstorm one thing- it's funny as hell! Some good writing for fans for the adolescent adult male humor. It is seriously crazy. Do not play if you have small children around. Plus the graphic and play mechanics are nice. Definitely not a game I see myself playing through again. It does a pretty good job of not getting too repetitive too. About the time I think, "here I go, lash-boot-shoot repeat", the game changes up a bit. I think the developers knew it had potential to get old fast, so they have done a good job keeping it from getting there fast. There are even rail shooter section (which I normally just hate) that are done well. So far it has been a fun rental, and I am about half way or more through.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 pm

finished it yesterday

not a bad game MP is alittle differant but cool not sure how much reply ill get out of it if any but i would say rent it at least
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 pm

I finished it yesterday too- probably about 8 hours of gameplay. It was pretty fun for the 8 hours, but I will not be revisiting it anytime soon.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

Got it from GF and played it a little bit last night. I must say that I liked it very much. Looks like the campaign will be fun and I had a blast playing Anarchy too. That said, I am disappointed with the lack of other MP options. No co-op story? No TDM? Kinda strange. Still, I am glad I got it and should have fun for a while, till I send it back. All in all, it's a lot of fun, even if it is a little lacking in some areas.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 am

I tried the online (Anarchy) and the challenge modes (echoes).

Echoes is pretty fun, and it's short and fast, and makes you go for all the crazy kills. I’m not sure if there is an option for co-op in it, but it would be good if there was.

The real multiplayer mode is Anarchy, which I found terribly boring. I only made it to level 11 and had to turn it off. It's much like onslaught or zombies, but super repetitive. The enemies really don't change much, as there seems to be 3 or 4 waves that just repeat with maybe an additional enemy or two and a bump in difficulty, and the level never changes or opens up, so you are trying to lasso and kick the enemies into the same things over and over.

Single player was fun, but it is pretty much a fail for multiplayer. All in all I enjoyed it for the days I had it, now I'll be returning it and trying something new.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:I tried the online (Anarchy) and the challenge modes (echoes).

Echoes is pretty fun, and it's short and fast, and makes you go for all the crazy kills. I’m not sure if there is an option for co-op in it, but it would be good if there was.

The real multiplayer mode is Anarchy, which I found terribly boring. I only made it to level 11 and had to turn it off. It's much like onslaught or zombies, but super repetitive. The enemies really don't change much, as there seems to be 3 or 4 waves that just repeat with maybe an additional enemy or two and a bump in difficulty, and the level never changes or opens up, so you are trying to lasso and kick the enemies into the same things over and over.

Single player was fun, but it is pretty much a fail for multiplayer. All in all I enjoyed it for the days I had it, now I'll be returning it and trying something new.

~mrmiller

agreed
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down