Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+2
S7 Panzer
S7 Interseptor
6 posters

Go down

The Walking Dead Empty The Walking Dead

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Not sure how many of you out there have ever read to comic book series called The Walking Dead but it's quite good. Magus is the one who told me about it and after checking it out, I must say that it is quite good. It's a monthly series that started back in 2003, continues to this day and recently won the 2010 Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series at the San Diego Comic Convention. If you're interested in comics or Zombies I highly recommend it.

But wait there's more... AMC is bringing The Walking Dead to the silver screen for the first time in an all new series premiering on Halloween (10/31/10)! Needless to say, I am stocked! You can check out the 4min teaser trailer below...

Now if that weren't enough, the whole reason I am actually posting this is that there is a fan made opening credit sequence floating around the internet. Using only cover art and actual images from the comic (which is in Black and White BTW) this fan had made a completely awesome piece of fan art. Check it out...

THE WALKING DEAD "Opening Titles" from Daniel Kanemoto on Vimeo.

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm

I thought a new zombie series was coming out on Syfy soon but now that you showed this I can't believe I haven't heard of it.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm

It reminds me of that movie 24 or something like that. But looks cool.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Magus Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Seriously One of the the best comic series I've ever read. Though i love any kind of post-apocalyptic story. If you are a fan of any Romero film, check this series out. If you walk into any comic book shop they will have the walking dead on display. Great post by the way, had not seen that lenghy of a trailer for the show yet. The fan ad was pretty slick also.

If anyone is interested in reading a good comic book series, check out (Y The Last Man) It is a ten part volume with an ending. It as about a modern day plague in which all men and basically anything with a Y chromosome is wiped off the face of the planet. Except for One man (an average Jo) and his male monkey. (yes I said Monkey) Oh and one more thing all the women have survived. It is an interesting look at what would happen if there were no men alive on the planet. It is funny throughout and violent as hell.

I highly reccomend both
The Walking Dead published by Image Comics, and written by Robert Kirkman
and Y The Last Man published by DC comics Vertigo. If you have a comic book reader on your say I-PAD you can actually purchase them cheaper than if you were to go into a comic book shop. Just ask Interseptor
S7 Magus
S7 Magus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:16 pm

EPIC WIN!!! Zombies!!!

Here's the link to the official site for this show. http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 pm

fire that freakin' tank up and run those bastards down BOO YAH!!!!
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Animefrk122

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 am

S7 R0LLING THUND3R wrote:It reminds me of that movie 24 or something like that. But looks cool.

You're thinking of 28 Days Later and you're right, they have very similar beginnings. Guy wakes up in a hospital to find the Zombie Apocalypse has happened. Interestingly both the movie and comic book started around the same time so it's likely that it is just a coincidence.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down