Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed

4 posters

Go down

wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed Empty wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:15 am

S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed Empty Re: wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am

That really is unfortunate but frankly I am surprised it doesn't happen more often. Every time I watch rally racing I am amazed these people don't get hit. They will actually stand in the course and move out of the way at the last minute. Still it's sad when it happens.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed Empty Re: wreck on Lucerne Valley offroad track 8 killed

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Yeah, I've seen that too. They just stand around gawking like these cars aren't real and aren't moving at breakneck speeds directly towards them. Sad, but maybe this is just the thing to make them re-consider the safety of the course. Push the spectators back a bit....behind a sturdy fence or berm.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:14 pm

The problem I've heard is these course are so big and rural that it's impossible to control the spectators and this is the reason there are so few races like this anymore - everytime something like this happens they don't say "hey how can we make this safer" instead they say "hey our insurance is ridiculous now, let's cancel the event." They halted the race entirely after they learned how serious the accident was. It was that driver's first off-road event and he is devestated. It could have been worse though... Just think of the calamity had OC been driving!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:33 pm