Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

5 posters

Go down

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Empty Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:38 am

Finally got to fire up my PS4 and check this one out.  I've played thru the first 4 chapters of Drake's Fortune (about 30% of campaign) in 2hrs and I'm liking the game.  I'm guessing the game has about 6-8hrs of campaign, which puts it right in my wheelhouse.  

Controls are pretty simple, story so far is pretty good, views from the environment are breathtaking, and I'm hoping that the platforming will help me with the KF raid jump puzzles, fingers crossed.  I've already unlocked some of the bonus content - Naughty Dog and Wetsuit costumes as well as some artwork and a semi-auto pistol (available once I beat the campaign).  The treasures seem easy to find from just walking around all of the environment, but I have no idea if I've missed any.

I think I was more impressed by TLoU: Remastered at this point, but I've got a lot of this game and two more to play so I'm reserving judgement.  Even if the series doesn't hit the same level as TLoU, the first game is still pretty solid.  I think my draw to TLoU was how compelling the story was, but Drake's tale is still unraveling for me.  I have a lot of hope for the games and if nothing else, I basically got three new games for the price of one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Empty Re: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 am

While the original has aged well, you have to remember you are playing a game that is 8 years old. The games also make huge leaps in between installments. While remaining familiar, they really advance in terms of gameplay, story and production value. You're in for a wild ride. Uncharted 2 remains one of my favorite video games of all time (can't wait to hear you thoughts on this one). It's not quite as serious as TLoU. Think of it more as an action flick. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Empty Re: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 am

ill be picking it up
i love the series .. in my mind one of the best PS games ever
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah, I realized after I started up the game that it was from November of 2007 and I figured that they would build on one another.  Drake's Fortune has a good base to start from, so I'm looking to seeing where the series goes with each game.

I've gotten thru to chapter 10 (about 60%) so I'm just after you see that Sully is still alive. Granted, from the commercials for the game I knew he was alive for later scenes, but it's still worth seeing where the game goes. These aren't new games, so I understand the commercials shouldn't be spoilers, but it does kinda suck a little to see content from later scenes/games since I haven't played any of the games.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Finished Uncharted 2 today and really enjoyed the game. I'm looking forward to getting into Uncharted 3 in the near future. So far I've been very impressed and I've heard from a lot of people that 3 was one of the better stories, and it's obviously more polished since it's the third in the series.

I've been streaming the last few U2 sessions on my Twitch channel and Zak just explained how I can archive my recordings so I'll be keeping whatever I can. I need to work on talking and whatnot during my streams, but it's something new for me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Just finished Uncharted 4. Holy crap that last game was amazing. Graphics, game play, story line, and some amazing facial recognition made it one of my top 10. Loved all 4 games from beginning to end. I can only hope Naughty Dog is given the same amount of time to create more IPs with the quality this last game had.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:59 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Just finished Uncharted 4. Holy crap that last game was amazing. Graphics, game play, story line, and some amazing facial recognition made it one of my top 10. Loved all 4 games from beginning to end. I can only hope Naughty Dog is given the same amount of time to create more IPs with the quality this last game had.

Supposedly there's rumors of a TLoU 2 on the horizon, possibly for the new Sony console.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:50 am

I picked the thing up and am almost done with #1.....pretty cool
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:I picked the thing up and am almost done with #1.....pretty cool

The first game is ok. Gameplay and animations are a little dated but the story is good. The 2nd game is amazing IMO from start to finish. Third game is also an amazing game but never quite lived up to the 2nd overall. Still waiting to play the 4th and final game in the series. Money is a little tight and Overwatch owns my soul. Soon.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Yeah, liked 1 & 2 and I need to round out the collection so I can hit 4. Good series so far, not sure if I like it more then TLoU, but good nonetheless.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Well I finally grabbed Uncharted 4 and so far it's amazing. I am still pretty early on in the game. Establishing backstory and motivations of the main characters involved as well as basic tutorial type stuff but everything is really well polished. I had to force myself to stop playing last night and can't wait to play some more. As a fan of the series the beginning is especially fun as there is a lot of nods to the previous games.

Note: Uncharted 4 is not a part of the Nathan Drake collection for those wondering. it is the 4th and final game in the series and sold separately. I just added this here as some people have already talked about U4 in this thread and it's a natural progression after you finish the first 3 games (i.e. The Nathan Drake Collection).
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Finished up U4 and it is indeed an amazing game and a great end to the series. Well worth playing through the originals (the Nathan Drake Collection) before playing U4 if you can. Lots of nostalgia throughout. Especially the beginning and end of the game. Overall one of my favorite series of all time. I actually want to play through all of them again now from start to finish so I can rate them with a fresh impression but 4 is one of the best for sure.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Good to hear. I can't get away from the Division, I just don't get to play enough to get bored or frustrated and I don't play enough to hit anything else. I need to finish U3 and then get 4, but I keep thinking of picking up No Man's Sky when it drops. Actually signed into Destiny a couple weeks ago long enough to buy Bones for my Hunter and then back to the Division.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down