Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Xbox 720/Durango News

+8
S7 DROOPY
S7 Coolhand
Shuntentatsu
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
S7 OC
S7 mrmiller
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More Xbox 720/Durango News - Page 2 Empty Re: More Xbox 720/Durango News

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 pm

I too hate the PS controller. But I am not loyal to the Xbox brand. I was a PS guy long before I was an Xbox guy. I go where the best gaming experience will be.

Features? Yep, about the same.

Programming? I'll give you this one. Due to problems I already pointed out and few other small issues. But as far as gaming online, the PS3 is actually quite good. Getting into game and staying online are not problems and I don't see any lag or other sup-par online gaming issues.

User interface? Purely personal opinion. If all you used was the PS, you'd be fine with it.

But Microsoft could be making the same mistake Playstation did. they could be coming into this with too big of a head and let that dedicate all sorts of things. "Oh, we can ban used games and people will still flock to us!" If they are not careful PS could put the move on them. Sony is hungry and needs to succeed, much like M$ did at the start of this generation.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Should be an interesting E3 that's for sure.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:36 pm

i own both and for sure the xbox is the easiest to us and just jump in and play with people

plus on psn theres ALOOTTTT more noobs playin cod its not even fair to play over there
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 pm

More leaked information (more of the same anyway) continues to point towards an always-on connection to start or play any games/apps. It also mentions suspending gameplay if the connection is dropped. Did they not see the horrible launch of Sim City? I sincerely hope this is just rumor and not true. According to the article it seem this source has a near perfect record so they are pretty sure it true, at least for now.

Link - http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-will-require-an-internet-connection-to-st-470062456

I just wish they would come out and officially announce the next xbox already. I am tired of all these rumors. Just announce the consoles so people can start comparing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't like the idea of having an always on connection to play games. If my internet decides to die one day and I decide to play a single player game as a result, then I'd expect to be able to play a single player game. If internet is required for a one-time activation, then I'm fine with that.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 pm

I would definitely prefer that it only require a connection at startup. It won't change my purchase decision at all, but if my internet ever does drop I play single player games.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Not sure if it will make a difference for me or not. I mean, I usually have an internet connection 98% of the time. I mean it might go down on occasion (or if I forget to pay the bill lol) but that is such a limited amount of time it would not really make a difference. But something about it still bothers me. Then there is the question of how it will effect the used games/rental situation. Mostly I just want the facts so I can start to figure out what system I want to get.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:17 pm

its always going to be xbox for me Halo will never be on ps as long as MS owns it ...... and later on down the road ill do like i did with my ps3 i waited and paid 150bucks for mine XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Honestly, Forza is the only exclusive I would really miss. That alone may keep me faithful. Otherwise I can take or leave it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Not sure if it will make a difference for me or not. I mean, I usually have an internet connection 98% of the time. I mean it might go down on occasion (or if I forget to pay the bill lol) but that is such a limited amount of time it would not really make a difference. But something about it still bothers me. Then there is the question of how it will effect the used games/rental situation. Mostly I just want the facts so I can start to figure out what system I want to get.

My thoughts too, except I probably have the internet connection more like 99+ % of the time. I don't really buy used games, but I do like to rent and play the single player ones. I'm almost sure to get both at some point, and will most likely start with the Xbox even if they release at the same time.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:13 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Not sure if it will make a difference for me or not. I mean, I usually have an internet connection 98% of the time. I mean it might go down on occasion (or if I forget to pay the bill lol) but that is such a limited amount of time it would not really make a difference. But something about it still bothers me. Then there is the question of how it will effect the used games/rental situation. Mostly I just want the facts so I can start to figure out what system I want to get.

My thoughts too, except I probably have the internet connection more like 99+ % of the time. I don't really buy used games, but I do like to rent and play the single player ones. I'm almost sure to get both at some point, and will most likely start with the Xbox even if they release at the same time.

~mrmiller

Intereseptor, you realize saying 98% of the time means that for every 100 minutes, your internet is down for 2 minutes... You probably have more like 99.99% uptime (most isp's say reliability by the # of decimals they'll go out, 99.99, 99.999, etc)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 am

Nope! 2 minutes for every 100 sounds right. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 am

Math strikes again.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 am

Basically my internet is always down Sad Sad day
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:50 am

Math. Not even once.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 am

In related news, M$ Xbox creative director took to twitter to defend always-on consoles and ended up looking like a d-bag. Stay classy M$. Fortunately my personal hero Sticky (aka angry Francis) took to youtube to shine light on the subject.

NSFW - Bad Language

He makes some good points too. Especially about service men and woman.

EDIT - Here is the link to the tweets in question - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/microsoft-creative-director-on-always-online-deal-with-it
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 am

At first I was like "standard rant"

Then I was like... "What about the service men and women that want to sit down at the end of the day and play some godd@mn Madden!? ... in the middle of the desert!"

Point conceded.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

I think a lot of people will agree that arrogance is what hurt Sony in this generation. With the success of PS and PS2, there should be no argument (fanboy or sales wise) to the Xbox vs. PS3 question (not to mention Wii sales). I hope MS doesn't fall into the same trap.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2