Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017

4 posters

:: General :: Anime

Go down

S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017 Empty S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017

Post by Atrum Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 am

Monthly Feature - January 2017 - Magi: Adventure of Sinbad

Kicking off the new year, we have a series that NO ONE HAS SEEN! (at least from our limited polling group)
That's right, somehow none of us have watched the prequel to our beloved series 'Magi'.

Explore some dungeons, watch amazing fights, and discover the legend of Sinbad!

Monthly Feature for January 2017 - Magi: Adventure of Sinbad

S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017 78783

Synopsis: Prequel to the popular series 'Magi', we follow the life of Sinbad - possibly the most OP/bad@ss character in all of anime.
At the very least, he's a manly man that has epic skills.

It is NOT necessary to see Magi before watching this. There are a LOT of references to it, but you don't miss anything by not seeing them.
The difference is when someone pops in to Sinbads life, you'll see them as a new character rather than 'That person that did X in Magi'

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen
Episodes: 13
Rating: PG-13
Original Air Date: April 26, 2016 to Jul 2, 2016
Similar Titles: Magi, Fairy Tail, FMA, Ao no Exorcist, Akame ga Kill
Links to watch: Netflix, just search for Sinbad

Note: This is a short one everybody! Only 13 episodes to watch all january.
It's on Netflix subbed or DUBBED. The English cast is great. Definitely queue this one up!

I don't have a definitive discussion date, but on the 15th we'll open up the thread to spoilers.

Again - since this is on Netflix and is dubbed, no one has an excuse to avoid it! If you're looking for more shows to watch, this should be a great intro to the Magi series (which is 50ish eps).
It's a very interesting take on the legendary character of Sinbad, and the world is fun, unique, and full of epic fights!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017 Empty Re: S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017

Post by Atrum Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:15 am

Well - I just finished.

You can definitely enjoy this one without seeing Magi.

Watching it inspired me to watch Magi again though. So this would probably be a great intro to the series, to set someone up for watching Magi for the first time. You'd have a little more background/idea of what is going on.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017 Empty Re: S7 Anime Club Monthly Feature - January 2017

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:06 am

I finished it over the weekend as well. Really easy to binge watch and very enjoyable. Only complaint is lack of more episodes.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:14 am

Started this yesterday. Realized I had a Netflix account still tied to my Xbox. Liking it so far. I think I need to try to get Netflix set up through some other means because the Xbox app kept flashing some menu settings in the upper left corner of the screen. Very distracting.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm

I think that happens when the thumbstick is pressed Xpert.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm

It doesn't flash all the time though. I think it flashed whenever subtitles appeared on the screen, could be wrong.
Pretty sure I've noticed this issue before, a few years ago.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Mine randomly does that as well.

Found that by clicking the right on the thumbtack i believe it will toggle the information on and off.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 pm

If anyone else strolls through here, this series has, by far, been our most viewed/successful yet.
It's subbed/dubbed, short, and a fun ride.

Definitely check it out!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm

I really enjoyed this series. Obviously the action and fighting helped me. Always good to see just an absolute OP character. Even when someone else is able to morph (can't remember what its called) with their Jinn he was able to more than that! He could morph to both and that Cat Jinn's powers are pretty unbeatable. Lighting is cool and he made that huge crater that would take out a whole city or 5, but to be able to manipulate the whole fight with someone... Hard to beat.

The supporting characters are pretty cool! I'd like to see them share some of the glory of the Jinn and use more powers, only think one of them used it (the ninja guy, maybe Shief?) I thought the big ice guy would be a bigger power tank type role, but didn't see that very much.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:36 am

If you like the world and want to see more of the supporting characters check out Magi. Same world but there is more content and a larger focus on the supporting cast. (some different characters mind you but it's good stuff)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:09 pm

^ Exactly what Zak said. Sinbad is great, but it's really just a fun add-on for Magi fans that focuses on one of the super OP side characters.

Magi starts more lighthearted, but turns into a series far more epic than anything Sinbad dealt with so far.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down