Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorites so far.

2 posters

Go down

Favorites so far. Empty Favorites so far.

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 pm

What are everyone's favorite setups so far? Best rigs and perks, but mainly favorite weapons and weapon variants? This way we know what is worth spending our precious salvage on and what not to bother with.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Favorites so far. Empty Re: Favorites so far.

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 pm

I like several different rigs depending on the game mode and HC vs. normal.

For normal game modes I realty like the Phantom class with the Ballista and Marked target. Hitting an enemy crossing a gap marks him for the team, and the Ballista is a 3-4 easy kill beast in normal with its slowly decaying timer. Neither works so great in Hardcore, as you kill vs. mark and one stray bullet ends your use of the Ballista before the timer runs down. I also like the Merc rig with reactive armor and man at arms for normal, as you use a lot more ammo and the extra carrying capacity is nice.

For hardcore I have two setups I like to use. With the release of HC Kill Confirmed, I find I'm really liking the FTL rig with the phase shift and perception perk. You can phase shift behind the team and take them all out, or simply use it to escape a sticky situation or position yourself to grab a lot of tags. For HC Dom I use the Stryker with his micro turret and trophy system. The micro turret can lay waste to enemies in HC, while it doesn't do enough damage in normal core to prevent it from being destroyed early. Having a point to hold helps with the placement of the turret, and why I love it for dom.

~mrmiller

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 am

I started off thinking the KBAR and Type 2 were my favorite weapons. Mainly because in one of my drops I go the legendary/purple KBAR. It is still on of my favorites, but I also really like the RPR Evo for run and gun games. I read that the legendary RPR is really good, as well as the Epic Ripper variant. Seeing as I have no RPR's unlocked, it will be a while (or lucky crate) before I can try that out.

While the purple KBAR Hoard is still one of my favorites (I love how the KBAR really does not need a red dot), I've started jumping on the NV4 bandwagon. The cheapo common unlock one, the Exalted is great. I've been using it a lot lately and dong really well with it.

I've cooled on the Type 2, but still use it if I have a challenge for the energy weapons. It's also one that I don't feel needs a red dot sight. While it's range is good, it's accuracy and damage is weak. Even in hardcore it seems like it takes too many shots to down someone, as the accuracy at the distance mans so few rounds register as hits and when they do it takes several. Here the common one is good too, as you get the increase hip fire accuracy which is important if you break it apart to dual wield.

I also like the light machine guns if running the Merc class. They all seem good, but I normally use the first one, the RAW.

Guns on my wish list include:
NV4 Fallout, Prosperity, and Flatline
KBAR 32 String Theory and Invective
R3KT
Volk Corruption
RPR Bosozoku and Ripper

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:23 am

I've dabbled with weapons across the classes, but the NV4 is still my weapon of choice.
I use a bunch of different builds, but find it's still quite good with a silencer - depends on the map and my playstyle at the time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down