Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it?

5 posters

Go down

H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it? Empty H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it?

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Well, I broke out of campaign and jumped into MP earlier than I would have normally.
Played my 10 games of arena and expected Champion, Diamond, Onyx, or the rank of "Super Chief w/ a side order of 117 sauce" because I'm so good  Cool  !
But instead I was given silver? What the??...so I went to the H5 forums to see if others found suspicious ranking, and everyone there has something to say about it. I found this post most truthful. Here's a guy saying I barely kept my head above water and was given the key to the city. I also read that many had their ranks reset over the past few hours.

---------------------------------------
xbox user:
I would agree that the ranking is kind of suspicious. I'm new to Halo multiplayer (played a few matches in Master Chief Collection before H5). I completed my 10 games in Team Arena, doing not very well. I may have gotten top of the team once, maybe twice; but for the most part stayed in the lower half of the scoreboard. At the end of my 10 games I got ranked as Diamond 1. I seriously doubt I deserve this, and now I'm afraid I'm just going to be matched against opponents who are much better than I am and not have as much of a good time.
---------------------------------------

Just something to keep in mind until things come back to earth with H5 ranking. All that said, I bring this here because I know there are those that REALLY care about this. In all honesty I'm really not that great at Halo. Always been better at Rainbow or COD than this, but it's fun and I know this will screw with some of you. Don't let this stuff ruin the fun that is Halo!!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/arena-rankings-make-no-sense---could-a-dev-comment/855ac63c-b37f-46c0-8b11-7c2a8c0c2806/posts
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it? Empty Re: H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it?

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Edit:: Just copy and pasting my post from that thread.

Once you're in a division, the ranks will normalize. Every ELO based system works this way.
A few potential factors that could cause the behavior seen:

- Severe weighting to teamwork (Assist) during placement.
- Diminishing rank impact after first game.
- Increased impact on first Win or First Loss.

I think it's probably significant that the first game you each Won, Skipper performed better.
The first game you Lost, Skipper also performed better.

Performance during a loss could have a big impact.

Another potential factor, Kill to Assist disparity. They could easily be using some sort of ratio that increases your rank faster if your Kill to Assist ratio is closer.
Again, this would be emphasizing teamwork during the placements, as opposed to stealing the last shots.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it? Empty Re: H5 Ranking System. Anyone understand it?

Post by Spartan of Now Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 pm

No idea. but I like the assist idea. My K/D ratio is usually bad because I prefer team based games like capture the flag, planting the bomb, war zone, etc. I know people who join those games just to get a high K/D ratio because they don't bother with the objective and just sit back and go for kills /end rant

Spartan of Now

GamerTag : Spartan of Now

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:14 am

all i know is Onyx on 3 playlist whaaaaaaat =)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 am

Spartan of Now wrote:No idea. but I like the assist idea. My K/D ratio is usually bad because I prefer team based games like capture the flag, planting the bomb, war zone, etc. I know people who join those games just to get a high K/D ratio because they don't bother with the objective and just sit back and go for kills /end rant
110%this, totally agree
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:07 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:all  i know is Onyx   on 3  playlist whaaaaaaat =)

Your 343 stats say otherwise sir Surprised lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:12 pm

The freakin' public on team arena is idiotic. I'm trying to achieve the objectives (like stronghold and CTF) and they are worried about running to the SAME area like Pit over and over and over to get kills but never capture. Therefore my rank suffers because my teams keep losing. Right now I'm Platinum 2 but will never get onyx.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:19 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:The freakin' public on team arena is idiotic. I'm trying to achieve the objectives (like stronghold and CTF) and they are worried about running to the SAME area like Pit over and over and over to get kills but never capture. Therefore my rank suffers because my teams keep losing. Right now I'm Platinum 2 but will never get onyx.

Well, you're in luck as the ranks are supposed to reset every month.

I'm sure you know, but statistically if you're outperforming other people of a similar rank you will eventually move up to higher ranks.
With month long seasons that might be fairly hard to achieve, but we see a very similar 'grind' in Hearthstone.

You'll sit at a rank for a week or two while playing, then eventually hit a good run and go up a big jump in ranking.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Wait, ranks reset monthly? That I actually didn't realize.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:03 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Wait, ranks reset monthly? That I actually didn't realize.

They're still a bit vague. The 'seasons' don't even start until December. From there, it sounds like certain playlists will reset monthly.
All pretty vague as sometimes they mention 'Seasonal resets' sometimes they reference a playlist rank resetting monthly Smile
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 am

Wouldn't that be counterproductive? If the ranking is supposed to settle down soon and allow those in Gold to only play Gold etc. and make every game as fair as possible (matching players with close skill), wouldn't resetting the balance monthly cause chaos where a bronze is now once again playing Onyx and Diamond ranked players?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:45 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Wouldn't that be counterproductive? If the ranking is supposed to settle down soon and allow those in Gold to only play Gold etc. and make every game as fair as possible (matching players with close skill), wouldn't resetting the balance monthly cause chaos where a bronze is now once again playing Onyx and Diamond ranked players?

Still mostly speculation, but it would make sense to simply reset the visible rank, but keep the 'behind the scenes' ELO ranking.
This way you don't get that classic halo issue where in the first month a bunch of accounts hit max rank (50, Onyx, w/e) and then never play again.

The issue there being only a certain % of players can be in the top tier. Having inactive players fill it makes it more and more difficult to achieve as time goes on.
Enter seasonal resets. If your ELO (or whatever they call it here) is diamond level, once you play enough matches to get placed again, you'll pretty much be back where you were.

Oooor it's a total reset and each month is a crazy brawl to qualify into Onyx. lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down