Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)...

5 posters

Go down

Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)... Empty Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:15 am

Now let's go out there and get it!  Talk to the Gunsmith.  He'll give a Nightfall level strike (Fallen S.A.B.E.R) and the gun will be yours if you can beat it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)... Empty Re: Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)...

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 am

Wow, I spoke too soon! Just one more step? Sigh, guess leveling my Titan will have to wait once again...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)... Empty Re: Sleeper Simulant quest available (to those of you that completed yesterday's steps)...

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

Cool. Hopefully i can find someone to help me with the nightfall tonight.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:57 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:Cool. Hopefully i can find someone to help me with the nightfall tonight.

No, it's a special "Nightfall level" Strike. You do not have to complete NF. Also, this strike has Matchmaking so you can do it solo. Have fun and get that exotic!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am

Sweet! Glad I grinded that out last night.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:33 am

Just picked it up!

Looks f'ing awesome but it'll difinitely be very situational.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:36 am

What level does it drop at? 290?
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:37 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:What level does it drop at? 290?

Yeah
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:45 am

I've most always run an exotic as my primary, but I got the Telesto yesterday and that thing is awesome! Now once I get the Sleeper heavy, I don't know what I'll run. That's on reason I haven't went crazy for the exotic sword, as mine at 295 suffices and doesn't put me in a bind on what to use.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:01 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I've most always run an exotic as my primary, but I got the Telesto yesterday and that thing is awesome! Now once I get the Sleeper heavy, I don't know what I'll run. That's on reason I haven't went crazy for the exotic sword, as mine at 295 suffices and doesn't put me in a bind on what to use.

I hear you.  Primary exotic is where it's at for me so far.  Between using the Zhalo Supercell and the TLALOC it's hard to switch them out for anything else.  I think the Sleeper Simulant will be awesome to use in the raid on crit spots on bosses, but more than that I'm not sure how usefull it will be in day to day use.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:19 pm

I thought the regular sword was good too, until I got the Exotic. Holy crap! The strong attacks absolutely wreck everything. Ever try and kill Urzok on Earth during the warsat event? He is a bullet sponge and sometimes won't die even fighting him the whole time. Last night Kenny and I 2-manned him with heavy attacks. Died in about 3 seconds. Pretty much 1-shots everything else. Yellow bars with shields? 1-shot. It's truly amazing.

That said, I still have to swap out exotics for situations. Black Spindle for the first two bosses of the raid and Touch of Malice for Daughters and Oryx. Still use the Truth for my go-to RL but the Sword will also be useful for things like the Knight during the Oryx fight. Exotics are very situational this go round.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Now that I know I get to keep my existing sword as well as the exotic, I will work on it in time. Before I thought you would loose the legendary sword. Then I would be forced to use the exotic and not have another sword. The swords are great for when you get in a bind. No only does it quickly clear the enemies in your immediate vicinity, but give you that resistance boost to survive longer while your life is low.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Aww, I knew I should have gotten on and done that yesterday. Oh well.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:22 pm

I know. I hate the one day quests. If it was one week, that would be tight enough.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:22 am

I looked into it, I actually already had turned in all of the required packages to the gunsmith.
I did the 1st Earth mission, put the codes in, now I have to do the tower speed climb and warsat business.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:39 am

I like the gun so far. Did the daily heroic solo yesterday where you have to get a shard of crystal with Crotas soul. Surrounding the crystal are 4 hive witches. Lined two up and blasted the shot right through them both at once. Plus its solar damage. Needless to say that too all of about 15 seconds to clear the quest.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I like the gun so far. Did the daily heroic solo yesterday where you have to get a shard of crystal with Crotas soul. Surrounding the crystal are 4 hive witches. Lined two up and blasted the shot right through them both at once. Plus its solar damage. Needless to say that too all of about 15 seconds to clear the quest.

I'm doing that today after work.

How did the Warsats go for you? Seems like finding one on Mars would take ages.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:15 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:I like the gun so far. Did the daily heroic solo yesterday where you have to get a shard of crystal with Crotas soul. Surrounding the crystal are 4 hive witches. Lined two up and blasted the shot right through them both at once. Plus its solar damage. Needless to say that too all of about 15 seconds to clear the quest.

I'm doing that today after work.

How did the Warsats go for you? Seems like finding one on Mars would take ages.
Your best bet would be the Barrens, the place you spawn on patrol, warsats are more likely to spawn there. Alternatively you can use this site  http://destinypublicevents.com/
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I used the tracker, but the Mars one was easy. From the spawn either left or right paths take you to a drop spot fairly easy. I just kept runny the path wile keeping an eye on the timer from the burrows city to the barrens. Just be sure and stick around, as they might drop a couple of minutes after the timer is down. Moon is easy too, as you can go back and forth between two spots (archers line and anchor of light) really quick, and then the 3 for the cosmodrome (spawn, rocket yard, forgotten shore) are quick and in a straight line. The problem I had was on the cosmodrome the sat didn't proc but other events did and I had to wait a cycle, or about 40 min. Just took a while but was easy.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah, I'm familiar with the event tracker and spawns. I was listening in on one of my friends doing it last night and he did the loop on Mars for about 2 hours before any spawned in. Hopefully I'm not as unlucky as he was xD
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:42 pm

It's true that Mars is the hardest to get Warsat on. Some people talk about going 15/15 for Target Elimination. But of the places on Mars, the opening area "The Barrens" and "Buried City" are your two best bests. They seem to have a higher chance of rolling Warsat. Good luck.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down