Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)...

5 posters

Go down

So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)... Empty So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:49 am

Holy crap the grind is going to be REAL..

According to THIS

It takes 2,296,964 total exp to get from levels 1-50 at which point you will turn into VR1.  To get from VR1 to VR14 it will take another 13 MILLION XP!!  VR14 is going to be no joke and only serious players will ever get close to that.  I do like that it gives me something to shoot for though!   Very Happy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)... Empty Re: So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)...

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:22 pm

yep going to be one hell of a grind

being a healer and doing solo makes it even longer lol
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)... Empty Re: So I was looking up leveling once you get to 50 (VR1)...

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:26 pm

It's nice to see an exact number you need to hit the next level, that's something I always liked about D&D and wished Destiny had.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Should be hitting VR5 tonight and it's been QUITE the grind (as expected).  It's not been hard at all but OMG the time sink to level up veteran levels is crazy.

From what I understand there are certain spots that could make it quicker through just grinding certain mobs in areas.  So far I haven't had to resort to doing that but I don't know if I can survive basically doing every single quest and landmark in 7 more maps, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:52 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Should be hitting VR5 tonight and it's been QUITE the grind (as expected).  It's not been hard at all but OMG the time sink to level up veteran levels is crazy.

From what I understand there are certain spots that could make it quicker through just grinding certain mobs in areas.  So far I haven't had to resort to doing that but I don't know if I can survive basically doing every single quest and landmark in 7 more maps, lol.

would love to farm some XP

i am only about 30% into v2 and yes its crazy! like yesterday to take a brake from questing all i did is run around and farm mats lol
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:44 am

Still splitting my time across 3 toons, but should hit 50 on the 1st very soon.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Figured I'd revisit this.

I'm only half a level away from VR14 and managed to do every single quest I could find in the Cadwell Silver and Gold areas.  Every single map is cleared and I'm basically going to just look for a semi-decent grind spot for the last half of a level.

I think once I hit VR14 I might just take a few days off, lol.  I've literally been playing this game so much that I'm not sure what happened to the last month and a half of my life!

I've also pretty much decided to forget about doing any alts.  The veteran grind is just too much and I'm not going through that again.  Maybe some day after they reduce the requirements for VR levels with the DLC, but no f'ing way am I starting one until after then.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Figured I'd revisit this.

I'm only half a level away from VR14 and managed to do every single quest I could find in the Cadwell Silver and Gold areas.  Every single map is cleared and I'm basically going to just look for a semi-decent grind spot for the last half of a level.

I think once I hit VR14 I might just take a few days off, lol.  I've literally been playing this game so much that I'm not sure what happened to the last month and a half of my life!

I've also pretty much decided to forget about doing any alts.  The veteran grind is just too much and I'm not going through that again.  Maybe some day after they reduce the requirements for VR levels with the DLC, but no f'ing way am I starting one until after then.

Grats on hitting VR14 right now

and I did think about running an alt even went so far to make another one and as soon as I loaded in I was like f#ck that lol and I am only VR6
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by BonzOmega Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 am

S7 Sticky wrote:yep going to be one hell of a grind  

being a healer  and doing solo  makes it even longer lol

I have a templar healer myself (Sword and board / resto staff)

leveling is a BREEZE. especially if you ever just feel like grinding...Templars and sorcs are super grinding machines...use resto to bring them all in close pop Blazing Shield then throw down a few blazing spears...then do some biting jabs....GG. anytime your Blazing shield detonates...pop another...you'll melt them down with ease!
BonzOmega
BonzOmega
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : BonzOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down