Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witcher 3

+12
Atrum
DeadSockPuppet
The JDG
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Evol Recovery
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Panzer
CivilWarrior737
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Witcher 3 Empty Witcher 3

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon May 18, 2015 11:38 am

GameFly just shipped me the Witcher 3. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully I can get through this before ESO drops, but if not I'll just get ESO later. I also want to try the new House of Wolves stuff on Destiny, but I'm sure that will get old in about a weeks time. I'll be sure and post up some reviews after playing a bit. After Witcher 2 I have high hopes for #3.

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3 Empty Re: Witcher 3

Post by S7 Sticky Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

well it was nice knowing you miller XD

the witcher will eat your soul!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

So excited for this!!!!  I have W3 wallpaper on the PC for like a year now lol.  Can't wait.  And for those interested, the digital version of the game unlocks tonight at 7pm est (12am Polish time I think) with a world wide release.  I am pre-loaded and ready to play tonight!

EDIT: I'll be streaming for those interested.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon May 18, 2015 12:57 pm

I have my copy digitally downloaded and ready to go.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by CivilWarrior737 Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm getting mine wednesday!

CivilWarrior737

GamerTag : CivilWarrior737

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon May 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Got mine downloaded from Good Old Games. Can't wait to start playing it when I get home.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon May 18, 2015 3:38 pm

I did hear it's easily a 100 hour game. That will take 5-10 weeks, so I might have to wait a bit on ESO.

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by CivilWarrior737 Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 pm

My GameStop called me and said I could get the witcher early so I guess the crack starts tonight😆

CivilWarrior737

GamerTag : CivilWarrior737

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon May 18, 2015 11:12 pm

Started my play through at about 8 est and just got offline. This game looks amazing and plays very well. I'm really liking it and just spent a whole lot of time not doing to much. Lol 
This will be a great game for me to play when not to many people are online. Highly recommend it if you like rpgs. I played part of the witcher 2 but the controls through me off a lot so I gave up on it but I don't think it matters a ton if you played the previous games. I'm sure you can read up on the lore and back story if your interested.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am

Wow! Amazing game so far. Absolutely stunning looking game! Graphics, game world, characters and weather system are all top notch. I'm loving the little side missions and dialog you hear just walking down the street. This is the type of game you can just wonder around in and find all kinds of cool stuff. Very impressed so far and can't wait to play more.

Advanced playthrough tip: There is a lot of customization you can do for difficulty etc... Kenny is playing with most of the HUD turned off including the mini-map. I tried it out this morning and really liked it. You can still check the big map if you get lost or tired of looking but it's more immersive to just wonder around and find the quest locations yourself. Give it a shot and see how you like it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue May 19, 2015 10:33 am

Sounds like a good game for me to get
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Sounds like a good game for me to get

YES! I think you would like it very much Charles.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 pm

I picked up a copy today and just beat the gryphon. This game is a lot more difficult then I thought it would be. definitely not skyrim combat lol

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue May 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Just a note, I have never played a witCher game.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 am

Yeah, Witcher games are not easy generally speaking. The combat is deep and using everything you have in your arsenal is usually a good idea. Prep for big battles then don't hold back with the buffs and other goodies. Remember, regular people can't kill these beasties. That is why they pay Witchers.

I actually just killed the Gryphon (Griffin) this morning before work. Fun battle. Once I turn in the bounty I think I am just gonna wonder for a while and see what kind of stuff I can get into off script.

My only grip so far is the controls seem to stick sometimes. I'm not sure if it's my controller, game design or glitch that will be patched out but every few times I let off the controls, Geralt just keeps walking forward. Like auto walk or something. Really annoying, especially cause you can't interact with stuff while auto walking. So I'll be looting, walk to the next thing to loot, let off the controller and press "X" to loot and Geralt just keeps walking. I have to stop, go back and try again. Anyone else experiencing this?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah, Witcher games are not easy generally speaking.  The combat is deep and using everything you have in your arsenal is usually a good idea.  Prep for big battles then don't hold back with the buffs and other goodies.  Remember, regular people can't kill these beasties.  That is why they pay Witchers.  

I actually just killed the Gryphon (Griffin) this morning before work.  Fun battle.  Once I turn in the bounty I think I am just gonna wonder for a while and see what kind of stuff I can get into off script.

My only grip so far is the controls seem to stick sometimes.  I'm not sure if it's my controller, game design or glitch that will be patched out but every few times I let off the controls, Geralt just keeps walking forward.  Like auto walk or something.  Really annoying, especially cause you can't interact with stuff while auto walking.  So I'll be looting, walk to the next thing to loot, let off the controller and press "X" to loot and Geralt just keeps walking.  I have to stop, go back and try again.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Its possible the game has a built in auto walk function so you don't have to have the stick pressed forward all the time. I personally haven't noticed it but I haven't played that much.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 20, 2015 11:14 am

Well, there is no option to turn it off, I've checked lol. Also, unlike the horse he doesn't walk on a path or anything but absolutely straight forward. Might be my controller. I play a lot of games and it could be wearing out I suppose.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed May 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Ya I would guess it's the controller I have not experienced it with this game but in the past with older controllers in cod.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Wed May 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Yea Zak I know what u mean. I am about 12 hours in and I had a few moments of moving into just the right angle to pick something up. Same with combat and trying to position the camera.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 21, 2015 10:13 am

Evol Recovery wrote:Yea Zak I know what u mean. I am about 12 hours in and I had a few moments of moving into just the right angle to pick something up. Same with combat and trying to position the camera.

Well, movement is a little weird at times for sure but what I was experiencing was a little different. I tried one of my other controllers last night and had no more auto-walking issues so it seems my controller was to blame.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Just experienced a dead "troller" myself lately.
Guess we've had these consoles about long enough now where it's to be expected (11/22/13 right?).
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Fri May 22, 2015 8:33 pm

The decisions they have you choose in this game are crazy. I had one choice where I could have completely not fight a boss and then I got thrown into an even more fucked up choice after I beat him. this game gets better and better!

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat May 23, 2015 11:31 am

Well I finished off the griffin and moved on to the next area ( after the castle ). I however felt very under leveled as I was still level 3 running into enemies in the level 10 range. I decided to go back to the first location and finish all the board quests and that landed me 9 exp above the level 4 curve. I will probably focus mainly attack modifiers and spell modifiers as I never enjoyed all the complexities that came with alchemy.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 am

Well I blew my entire weekend and Monday on the Witcher 3. I am currently level 13 and have spent close to a 24 hours on the game already. The overall theme of the story is great and I am very pleased with the open world experience. The overall layout of the game is broken up as follows 

Main Quests: Biggest amount of EXP
Secondary Quests: Items and less EXP
Witcher Contracts: Trophies with powerful buffs, and Gold
Map objectives: Gold, small EXP, and items.

I would say I have explored only about half the map on the second location focusing mainly on completing every single quest as I would probably not go back if I beat the games main story line. With already 24 hours into the game I would expect to be close to the end but with an entire island and half the main map to still search I am no where close to done. I also have some high level Witcher contracts which suggests a level of 34. Either way I will be playing this game again as I have already seen how my choices can greatly effect the outcome on some major characters in the story line.

Let me know if you guys want questions answered if you are on the fence about purchasing this game, ill keep everything posted spoiler free.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Really loving this game so far. I love the story missions/side quests especially. Each one is quite interesting and unique. I especially love investigating. Most missions seems to have some sort of investigation required. Talk to people to find out more information, then head somewhere and use your Witcher senses to look for more clues all finally leading up to some kind of final showdown. It's great fun and very engaging. It's adds a level of involvement and really gets you into the story. Even the side quests work the same way and you learn about the people and places you are working in.

Turning off the mini maps helps even more with the immersion. For example, each of these missions are even more involving if you have to listen to clues, look for locations, landmarks etc... It really makes you feel as if you are doing the investigation rather than just going from marker to marker.

I like the world in general too. So far I am still in the war torn "no-man's-land" and each little village is full of interesting characters with stories of their past lives and what they used to be before the war changed their lives so dramatically. The world feels real and lived in. People run for shelter when the rain comes and go to sleep at night. And Monsters have similar restrictions, some of which can only be found at either day or night.

And there seems to be unending content littered throughout the land. Little locations, monster nests, hidden treasure, guarded treasure, bandit camps, quests etc... Just wandering around is quite fun and rarely have I seen a game with so much detail and care given to the side missions.

Highly recommend.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next