Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression

+14
S7 Zero
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
S7 Zalacious
S7 Epic
S7 Vision67
S7 OC
S7 Smack
Slate
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression - Page 2 Empty Re: My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Your gamer card is wearing a Boston hat w/ Lakers jersey...
My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression - Page 2 Suspect I can't hear you...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression - Page 2 Empty Re: My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression

Post by S7 Smack Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Your gamer card is wearing a Boston hat w/ Lakers jersey...
My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression - Page 2 Suspect I can't hear you...LOL
There's no difference if you we're wearing a Dolphins jersey w/ Yankees cap lol as a matter of fact you should haha.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Ok played a little more yesterday, like it a lot more , finally got to play some slayer. Still a little confused on WTF I'm supposed to do on sone of the game types . Totally played ctf with some people that where non team oriented, which sucked. It still needs some kind of loudout system, I mean what the hell the point of showing what guns u have on the loadout screen if you can't choose different ones! Gonna have to put some more time into it this weekend.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 pm

COD evolved and made it's regular game modes have custom loadouts, with the OPTION to play the original game mode where everyone starts with crap and rushes to the weapon spawn points.

HALO has failed to evolve past this flaw. I know it isn't supposed to be ultra-realistic, but what combat situation in the universe involves both sides rushing to one point to pickup the same weapon that God evidently dropped directly between the factions? Really. And if your teammates don't know where the weaps are or they all rush to the same one, well, then you sir are likely F'ed.

Maybe this will change by the public release date. I'll buy it for the solo and coop campaign, which I've always loved about the series.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Totally agree with coolhand, right now it's a rental for me. Doubt I'll play the beta anymore , unless they add something more. Totally bummed it wasn't any better. I played the crap out of halo 1 & 2 mp, play halo3 mp for about a month and was where I play with bbf the first time. Game feels the same as the rest of the halos which it's suppose to probably. I guess I just need a more rewarding and less annoying mp game then I use too. Hope the campain is good and the end boss isn't a weak ass spark droid( worst end boss ever on gaming history).
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri May 07, 2010 5:45 pm

While I stand by my above post, I should point out that I hadn't actually played the beta yet. I rented ODST again yesterday (only 2 copies available in OKC - had to drive 20 miles to find one) and now have this opinion:

ODST - still sucks
HALO Reach - is very fun.

I still have issues with the "run to a weapon" theme, but it is what it is.
It still doesn't add enough "new" but I do like what was added. The party system is very nice, but needs the messaging support. I really dislike choosing between sprint and jetpack etc. Sprint should be standard I think. WTF is the improved bubble shield we've heard so much about? I'm looking forward to playing Invasion mode tonight.

Like I said before I'll buy it for the campaign mode, but now I am looking forward to the PvP also.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri May 07, 2010 6:21 pm

well there still is alot of stuff not in the beta

there will be more
game modes
armor unlocks
guns

cant wait to see the whole thing and get my hands on the camp
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I can't wait to see your mom's whole thing and get my hands on her camp.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 pm

S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Yes, it certainly was.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Sat May 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to compete with this. I'm having loads of fun.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

it is alot of fun
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm

If anyone here wants to actually make a difference with Reach, go to bungie.net and post what you can. We already have a thread with a link in our general section about how to fix the voting system. If you have not done so already, take a look, and post what YOU think reach could use.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Sony: DKMU_OmniZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Slate Sat May 08, 2010 10:30 pm

S7 Vision67 wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to compete with this. I'm having loads of fun.
Glad to hear that Vision. I would definitely love to play this game competitively as well. My Halo Reach Beta Review- First Impression - Page 2 Icon_rr
Slate
Slate
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : SLA7E

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sun May 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Well here's my take on it...I like it a lot! lol I actually can kill something on this version and the power ups if used correctly help. I have to play swat, sounds good.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Sun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

With Atrum's help last night I learned a few intricacies I hadn't thought of before. I chalked Guard up to only be useful as a distraction for Objective and Offensive rushes in slayer. Turns out it is a great 2v1 tool as well, and works freakin' WONDERS against a power weapon.

I managed to take out a sword guy by doing a quick guard, using the EMP to knock out his shields with a quick pulse when he was close for the melee, then I popped out of it and shot him in the head with his shield down.

Also a quick tap to avoid a nade explosion or rocket is useful. It apparently also works to reflect the plasma cannon back at the shooter.

And if you are looking like you're going to trade melee kills, a quick tap to negate the enemy's melee with guard, then meleeing as soon as you come out of your guard to kill him while his melee is on cooldown is awesome. I had that happen to me the game after I hypothosized it's possibility lol

The Needle Rifle is spot on, and used in conjunction with a team mate's DMR is deadly. The DMR takes shields down easily enough, but sometimes that 4 shot kill is a pain to get then they run or you're blooming. The Needle Rifle (Can we just call it the carbine? That's essentially what it is) Will pop that head easy. Atrum was low shields 2v1 last night, he popped a guard and I managed to pick off the two guys waiting for him to pop out of it from medium range with a couple well placed headshots.

I'm a big fan of sprint. In fact, so much to the point where I felt gimped for a few games after I switched to guard to test out it's merits. Running behind someone and you want to get that assassination but they are a few steps out of range? Sprint. Need to get away at low shields, or put yourself in a bad spot where they can teamshot you? Sprint. Need to pick up a power weapon really quick? Sprint. Need to get behind them while their attention is focused elsewhere? Sprint.

Jetpack freakin' SHINES on swordbase. You can't get around an enemy's defensive position better than with the jetpack. On powerhouse it relatively sucks, unless you're holding position on the ledge above rockets on the door leading into the powerstation, or you want to quickly get on the roof of hammer hut and grenade house.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm

S7 Vision67 wrote: but sometimes that 4 shot kill is a pain to get then they run or you're blooming.

DMR is a 5 shot kill noob! I imagine MLG will try adjusting damage to get it and the pistol to 4 though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Floodsfire Sun May 09, 2010 11:29 pm

I've been playing it in excess this weekend(I got like 50 games in, in a row) and I got to say, I'm loving it. I've always been a big Halo fan and actually Halo 3 is what started me playing Xbox. I love the new modes and weapons. There are some annoying things that must nerfed/fixed. The plasma cannon can lock one and then shoot four plasma grenades...my suggestions is make it more of a anti-tank weapon by removing the lock-on completely. Anyway, I love the DMR and the Needle Carbine(sounds better than rifle) they feel powerful yet, not over-powered. I don't know what to say about your guys complaints about the power weapons rush and stuff like that. Umm, it is what makes Halo...Halo. It is the way the game is played and that is just a fact you must face and develop new strategies for. It is something that might be good to develop in practice. A need to know where gun spawns are and line of sights as well as routes to them are all a big part of Halo, either you like or you don't, but it's still there and most likely always will be. It's kinda like 'noob' weapons in Call of Duty. We don't like them being used against us, but there are there and we have developed strategies against it.
Floodsfire
Floodsfire

GamerTag : S7 Floodsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Reminder: It's just a beta...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon May 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Well....can't play the beta because I got rid of Halo odst. I may pick it up at launch and give this darn game one more chance....if it fails then I'm boycotting Halo for the rest of my gaming career!!!LOL
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Mon May 10, 2010 4:00 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Well....can't play the beta because I got rid of Halo odst. I may pick it up at launch and give this darn game one more chance....if it fails then I'm boycotting Halo for the rest of my gaming career!!!LOL
That's funny Charles but your right The CO-OP/Campaign I know will be a blast lets just hope for a good ending lol. From the MP aspect I agree they've had 6 years if not more to try to perfect it get'errrr done Bungie, the beta is not bad Charles, it just needed more to it. We'll see on release how it turns out with so many new games supposedly coming out around that time it'll be interesting how it does with the competition. I can't wait we're gonna have another hectic Fall/Winter with all the games that have potential coming out around that time oh and GR: Future Soldier should be out by then so that game alone makes a lot of ther ones absolete lol in my book.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon May 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Charles, Confucius say: Rent ODST and try the beta instead of buying the $60 game and not liking it....
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm

As soon as i have a chance to get my gaming on, i'll download it and check it out. i cant wait!
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 pm

you only got till the 14th senor tico so hurry
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon May 10, 2010 8:45 pm

First welcome back Tico...secondly, you're an old Halo guy...you'll like it.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next