Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported?

+7
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
S7 DROOPY
S7 KnightOwl
OneBadHuskerFan
11 posters

Go down

Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported? Empty Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:41 pm

I have to admit I got the game on Monday and played one match then put it down in fear that I'll end up hating it due to all the lag issues (I had them Monday).

I've seen countless reports of horrible lag so I've pretty much not played it, but will be getting on either tonight or this weekend.  I'm bad enough at these games but being able to play with you guys is the only reason I got the game.  I'm hoping it's not as bad as the crazy amount of issues I've seen people complaining about.  We'll see!

Just one article for example...

Players Push for Dedicated Servers in CoD: Advanced Warfare as Lag Continues to Cripple Game
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported? Empty Re: Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported?

Post by S7 KnightOwl Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I have experienced quite a bit of lag on a daily basis since the game released.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported? Empty Re: Is the lag really as bad as it's being reported?

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:08 pm

There is always a lag issue with cod the first week or so, due the amount of people playing and the lack of prepwork done by Activision.  I couldn't even log on yesterday, but that was the only time I ever had an issue
@husker, you just need to pick a strat and stick with it, like use a thermal scope on an ar and just play  on the outside of the map. Run and gun sytle take awhile to get good at. Find certain spots on the map and just move around that particular spot
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Honestly mine hasn't been bad. I had 1 game last night where I noticed it at all. The one thing I do see somewhat often is brief tearing, where someone will do an exo-boost and teleport back to the starting point and then back to where they boost to.

When I was in Montana still I constantly played with lag waaaayyyy worse than that and still did well. So I've just had a lot more experience adjusting my gameplay to lag than most.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Got mine installing - going to get my first game in right after work! Maybe I've waited out the worst of the server lag issues.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:35 pm

It's not much different than other cods when traffic is heavy or they assign a crappy host. Yea it could be better but it's bareable

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I haven't had any issues....I've only played a few times but put some hours in
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:52 pm

really other then the first  hand full of games on day zero  i really have not had a lag issue at all...

you can go off the pin  it shows up in game as  it shows me red but  really dont see or have lag
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 pm

I get more annoyed with game chat issues than anything.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Normally not that bad, but you do get that occasional game where it seems like you are a split second behind everyone. Then you just back out and find a new lobby next time, but no lag issues that make the game near unplayable or super frustrating.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Big M Easy Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:26 pm

My views fall in line with everyone else, some rooms are bad but it's not any worse than any other game I've played. I would say the reports of lag making the game unplayable are highly exaggerated.
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

After one night playing... I had zero lag issues, but switching between chat channels was an issue for me once and for someone else once.

Lag will occassionally happen so long as games host through people with assed out connections.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:After one night playing... I had zero lag issues, but switching between chat channels was an issue for me once and for someone else once.

Lag will occassionally happen so long as games host through people with assed out connections.

i would have to agree the chat issue would be the bigger problem  myself i have not had that issue  but about half the people last night were having this issue

lag all comes down to  who ever the host is  since its not  server based
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum