Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassins Creed Unity

+6
S7 Ragnarok
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Panzer
Xpert2010
S7 Interseptor
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Assassins Creed Unity Empty Assassins Creed Unity

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:13 pm

I officially ordered my digital copy via PSN this morning.  Anyone else looking forward to this one?  Co-op assassinations?  Yes please!  I know a few of us are getting it on the PS4 but just wanted to share my excitement with the clan.  I really hope the co-op portion of the game really plays out the way I want.  Supposedly built from the ground up for next-gen, I am excited to see what this game can do.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Assassins Creed Unity Empty Re: Assassins Creed Unity

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 pm

This is one I'm waiting on.  Already have three games coming this month, so there's no way I'd be able to put time into this game right now.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I am doing the same with Shadow of Mordor.  Too much going on when it launched (i.e. Destiny) but it will be on my X-Mas list.  For me ACU was a better fit.  This and Far Cry 4 are coming out at a better time for me and will keep me busy for a while.  Mostly what pushed this to the top of my list was the co-op story stuff.  It would be pretty awesome to plan a 4-man assassination.  I can't wait.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I am doing the same with Shadow of Mordor.  Too much going on when it launched (i.e. Destiny) but it will be on my X-Mas list.  For me ACU was a better fit.  This and Far Cry 4 are coming out at a better time for me and will keep me busy for a while.  Mostly what pushed this to the top of my list was the co-op story stuff.  It would be pretty awesome to plan a 4-man assassination.  I can't wait.

Shadow of Mordor was a great game. It felt short though even though I put 8+ hours into it as the game play was so repetitive. Overall if you like the Batman series that WB has been making you will like Shadow of Mordor. As for AC Unity I will probably be getting it on PC if I can find it for a lower price. I simply can't afford putting forth $60 for a single game.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:09 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I am doing the same with Shadow of Mordor.  Too much going on when it launched (i.e. Destiny) but it will be on my X-Mas list.  For me ACU was a better fit.  This and Far Cry 4 are coming out at a better time for me and will keep me busy for a while.  Mostly what pushed this to the top of my list was the co-op story stuff.  It would be pretty awesome to plan a 4-man assassination.  I can't wait.

Shadow of Mordor was a great game. It felt short though even though I put 8+ hours into it as the game play was so repetitive. Overall if you like the Batman series that WB has been making you will like Shadow of Mordor. As for AC Unity I will probably be getting it on PC if I can find it for a lower price. I simply can't afford putting forth $60 for a single game.
Shame on you!  You know you want to assassinate with your bros!  Your gonna feel left out sitting in chat with us while we plot the downfall of the ruling class with crazy elaborate plans.

EDIT: And yeah, I was Play Sharing with Apex last night watching him play Mordor.  Looked like a lot of fun.  AC mixed with Batman set is Mordor.  Gonna try it out on a new save so I don't screw up his game by dying over and over again.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Don't worry man. Worst case scenario I can share play with you and screw around with your controls while your in the middle of a fight.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Ordered....picking it up on release day....PS4
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 pm

This might be on my Xmas list, but I won't be picking up anything before Xmas.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Ill be getting it sometime after the holidays most likely. XBONE
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Found it for $47 on the PC, WOOT!
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Review embargo is lifted and the reviews are mediocre at best.  I'll post up my first impressions after I get a little time with it.  Still kind of excited to play it but my expectations are lower now.  Maybe that will be a good thing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 am

Day 1 Impressions: 

I played through the beginning of the game and frankly enjoyed my time with it.  I like the set up for the story so far and some of the changes they made to the game play.  The climbing down parkour is a much needed addition to the series and help the flow of the parkour gameplay tremendously. 

They also made combat more difficult, at least in the beginning of the game. You take a lot more damage now and there is no safety net like in previous games where you get the warning and the screen turns red.  Here you just die, no warning.  They also changed some of the combat interface.  There is no longer an obvious prompt to counter incoming attacks.  Instead the health bar above the characters turn slightly different colors.  If you pay attention you know weather to parry or dodge but it is less obvious now.  All in all, in the early parts of the game combat is much harder and you can't take on 15 bros and live anymore.  Good stuff.

Character progression is unlocked via missions and in-game credits.  Skills are unlocked by spending mission points.  Each mission you complete, you get a point.  For example, if you have 2 mission points you can unlock 'double assassinations'.  The nice thing here is you can unlock your skill sets as you see fit and sort of customize your style of assassin.  I am a fan.  Same goes with weapons.  You can now equip different types of weapons.  Swords, Pole, Heavy, Ranged etc...  You are not tied to a single starting weapon any more.  My assassin has a pole arm type weapon for example.  Also a fan.  And to top it off you can really customize your assassin.  Colors, armor, hood etc...  This is cool and fun.  However...

The hidden catch is there is micro transactions everywhere.  Not a fan.  Keep in mind you can work for everything you want to unlock and as far as I have seen nothing is locked behind a pay-wall but it still irks me.  Pretty much all the progression stuff can be unlocked by paying for it with real $$$.  Kind of cheapens the whole thing to me and I am not a fan of micro-transactions.  In a Free-to-play game?  Sure.  In a full $60?  Seems a little greedy to me.  Especially since the game isn't particularly polished.  It frankly feels unfinished at times.  Frame rate drops, horrible lag in SP and co-op etc...

Speaking of co-op, I love it.  But the game desperately needs a patch or server upgrade cause it's awful right now.  Frame rate drops and lag are unreal at times which is a real shame cause the amount of fun to be had here is pretty high.  As it stands now it's almost unplayable.  

Overall:  I like it but it has some serious problems with stability.  If they can fix that rather quickly I think this will be a pretty solid game.  As it stands now, the game has potential but the technical glitches make it feel unfinished.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:02 am

S7 Panzer wrote:Found it for $47 on the PC, WOOT!
 was going to say  its on sale  on pc =)

picked up a pc copys as well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:12 am

How is the PC version btw?  Stable?  Laggy?  Frame rate problem like I posted above?  Or is the PC version better?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:54 am

Been looking at this, maybe around Xmas....
I think it was Charles that talked me into the one I bought.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:41 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:How is the PC version btw?  Stable?  Laggy?  Frame rate problem like I posted above?  Or is the PC version better?

I started playing it last night and It was horrible. Found a Nvidia update was in effect and downloaded it and is still passable at best. I have everything at the lowest settings possible with FPS lower then 60 and sometimes big stutters and lagging. I am running a GTX 770 so i should be able to run this game no problem in low to medium settings. I might have to set this game down tell they release some strong driver support.

EDIT: Sticky my Uplay Gamer tag is BBFlordpanzer if I remember correctly.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:23 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Been looking at this, maybe around Xmas....
I think it was Charles that talked me into the one I bought.
This is what I'm thinking, give them some time to patch/fix the issues and be able to skip all the crap kind of like I did with BF4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:07 am

Haven't played it much....maybe an hour.  I like it so far.  Haven't really experienced any problems yet.  I noticed the free run and climbing is smoother than before.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 am

I will be picking this game up in January most likely, just got too many other games to play at the moment
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:44 am

OK....I have some more time on this game now.  It ranks up there with the best of the series.....new things to do, etc.  I haven't tried the Co-op missions yet but will will I have time
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:50 am

So I have put a good bit of time into this one now and I really like it.  Some reviewers have bashed the story but this is the first AC game in a long time I actually enjoyed the story.  I like the main character Arno and the fact that this game is... get ready for it... actually about assassinations!  Who knew?  I mean Black Flag was amazing but you never actually had to assassinate anyone.  Not really.  This game is all about assassinating so far.  You work your way through a few missions leading up to a big assassination and the assassinations are really fun missions.  Kind of a throw back to AC1 & AC2 in a good way.

Glitches?  Most of the issues are in the co-op as the story is pretty smooth so far.  There are a few quips I have here and there but overall I really like this one.  The biggest grip I have had so far in the story was during a big fight where it would cut back and forth from the fight to cut-scenes.  The design here was just sloppy and brought me out of the moment everytime.  The biggest issues being I had a sword in the cut-scenes (I use a pole weapon in-game) and positions of the characters.  Like I might shoot him from 10 feet away and trigger the next cut scene where we were locking swords.  Just sloppy design if you ask me. 

Still the overall experience has been really good. I am having a ton of fun.  I like the story and the missions and even the weird out of time sequences are fun.  Co-op is a ton of fun, when it runs smoothly... and if you can connect lol.  And I finally played a 4-players co-op mission yesterday.  It was glorious.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks for the review/write-up 'Septor.
Feeling better about getting it now. Still looking at next month.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 am

Yeah, the short version is overall I really like this game but I'm disappointed in the overall fit and finish for a AAA title.  If you like AC games, give this one a go.  The game itself is a lot of fun.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:40 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:So I have put a good bit of time into this one now and I really like it.  Some reviewers have bashed the story but this is the first AC game in a long time I actually enjoyed the story.  I like the main character Arno and the fact that this game is... get ready for it... actually about assassinations!  Who knew?  I mean Black Flag was amazing but you never actually had to assassinate anyone.  Not really.  This game is all about assassinating so far.  You work your way through a few missions leading up to a big assassination and the assassinations are really fun missions.  Kind of a throw back to AC1 & AC2 in a good way.

Glitches?  Most of the issues are in the co-op as the story is pretty smooth so far.  There are a few quips I have here and there but overall I really like this one.  The biggest grip I have had so far in the story was during a big fight where it would cut back and forth from the fight to cut-scenes.  The design here was just sloppy and brought me out of the moment everytime.  The biggest issues being I had a sword in the cut-scenes (I use a pole weapon in-game) and positions of the characters.  Like I might shoot him from 10 feet away and trigger the next cut scene where we were locking swords.  Just sloppy design if you ask me. 

Still the overall experience has been really good. I am having a ton of fun.  I like the story and the missions and even the weird out of time sequences are fun.  Co-op is a ton of fun, when it runs smoothly... and if you can connect lol.  And I finally played a 4-players co-op mission yesterday.  It was glorious.

I had to lower down my resolution to (1600 by 900) to play the game in a more comfortable setting I enjoyed. I also like the game and find the city to be lovely in detail and scope. I do feel the game could have been refined more with patches that should hopefully come out soon. The story itself is great but personally I feel it lacks presence and the ability to keep my attention as I don't feel like I have achieved anything and I am almost half way through the campaign. This could be do to what Interseptor said in the fact it has more to do with assassinations then what we as AC fans have gotten used to. I would not consider this bad or in the wrong direction it is just different. These missions do give great flexibility in how you achieve your goal as you can find many different ways of taking your target out.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

As a way of saying sorry for shipping a broken game, Ubisoft is giving away the first piece of DLC for free to everyone who bought the game.  On top of that, anyone who bought the Gold edition or Season Pass will also receive a free game.  Those people will get to select from Far Cry 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015.

Link - http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-assassins-creed-unity-with-free-1663768202

Pretty nice move.  Sucks the game was a little buggy at launch but this is a nice move IMO.  Also, I should note my experience has been largely positive with the game and two patches have already been issued to resolve pretty much all the issues.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next