Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow

5 posters

Go down

PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow Empty PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:21 pm

The much awaited 2.0 update hits tomorrow.  Key feature updates include:

• Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game — even when they don’t own a copy of it. PlayStation Plus membership is required for certain Share Play features.
  • YouTube: Upload your gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the “SHARE” button on DualShock 4. In addition, a YouTube app for PS4 will be available to download from the PlayStation Store.
  • Themes & Colors: Personalize your home screen background with select themes and colors. As a big thank-you to the PlayStation Nation, we want to kick-start your dynamic theme options by giving away a theme for two of the biggest titles gamers will be playing on PlayStation 4 this fall; Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both themes will be available for download on Tuesday.
  • Live Broadcasting Enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
  • Content Area & Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
  • USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favorite tunes in the background.
  • What’s New: To make the activity feed more relevant and timely for you, What’s New will add Friends of Friends suggestions and Live Broadcasting updates from your friends at the top of your feed.

Basically, this is a huge update.  See the full details here - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/27/major-ps4-system-software-update-v2-0-available-tomorrow/
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow Empty Re: PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:50 pm

coolio
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow Empty Re: PS4 Firmware 2.0 Update hits tomorrow

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Music in the background?  So I can make my own playlists to play while playing games?  Can't wait to rock some Hanson while slaying Atheon!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 am

I figured this would be the place to ask. Is Crunchyroll/HBO GO on the PS4 at this point?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:16 am

Crunchyroll has been since launch but HBO Go is not out yet.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 am

Hmm... trying to persuade the wife to replace the frequently locking up 360 with a PS4. I predict it'll end up being a Christmas present.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:09 am

AtrumX wrote:Hmm... trying to persuade the wife to replace the frequently locking up 360 with a PS4. I predict it'll end up being a Christmas present.
Nice!  And HBO Go was announced for PS4, just hasn't launched.  No time frame yet that I know of but I doubt it will be too long now.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 am

Some people are apparently reporting connection problems, Youtube not working properly and problems with the new Rest mode.  So far I have not had any real issues but I have not tried the new Youtube features either.  Anyone having any problems?

I did notice an improved chat quality last night but it was a little buggy at times.  Other than that I played all night without issue.  Still need to check out some of the new feature when I can break away from Destiny for a minute.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 am

im loving the destiny theme only wish it was animated  but the music is epic
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:46 am

UPDATE:  Patch 2.0.1 was released today and seems to have fixed the Rest Mode issues along with some other minor issues.  Personally I never experienced a problem but I'm glad they got the patch out and people seem to be reporting the issues resolved.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down