Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE

5 posters

Go down

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE Empty HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 pm

thats right  halo take up a whole blue ray on top of a 20gb  update

-------------------------
Halo: The Master Chief Collection takes up an entire 45GB Blu-ray disc and will require an additional 20GB day one update.
An update on the Xbox Wire today stated that the remastered collection takes up "almost all of the usable space of a single Blu-ray". It also confirmed that episodic co-op campaign Spartans Ops is now being pushed back until December.
[size=14]Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 8 Maps You've Probably Never Played
03:14
[/size]
"Yes, the update is large, but we weren’t about to cut corners to save disc space," writes 343 industries. "This ensures that you are getting every bit of Halo goodness we can fit in.  Our work is not done, however, as we continue to tune, tweak and optimize the online experience to ensure a smooth multiplayer launch. This will continue right up until launch day."
The post went on to confirm that whilst the reality of worldwide sales makes "simultaneous launches challenging", Xbox heard fan disappointment "loud and clear" and has (almost) unified a global release on November 11.
Belgium, Japan and France will see releases on November 12, 13 and 14 respectively owing to public holidays and "typical" release schedules.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection contains four complete Halo games, every multiplayer map ever released (including DLC from console and PC) and a complete remastering of Halo 2. The collection's topped off with new audio, "mind-blowing cinematics" and a "revolutionary" new user interface.
Be sure to check out our ever-expanding IGN First hub page for all things Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE Empty Re: HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Hmmm...maybe I'll get the hard copy and not perform a D/L
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE Empty Re: HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:52 pm

well either way you go  your screwed really.. the only plus side is  you dont have to DL the first  45gb   you just install it  to hard drive from disc that should save some time

still i think it going to be a long night for people like myself getting it at midnight

45gb install  followed by a 20gb download lol
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Hmmm...maybe I'll get the hard copy and not perform a D/L

Either way you're still going to be D/L'ing 20GB, which really sucks for people that have caps.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Don't you get to pre-load now on the X1.  I thought that started with Destiny.  Perhaps this will too?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:59 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Don't you get to pre-load now on the X1.  I thought that started with Destiny.  Perhaps this will too?

The pre-load will be the 45GB game.  Then once that's installed you'll have to get the update.  At least that's how I interpret that.  So I don't think you can pre-download the update regardless of if you're getting digital or physical.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

But you have to DL the update if you buy physical too.  So people should be playing at the same time regardless of physical vs digital.  Maybe faster on digital since you have preloaded the 45gb and physical still has to install off the disc as well as DL the update.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Im Gonna pass on halo
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Looks as though I was wrong and the update will also be part of the pre-load...

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE Zixm8hy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:08 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Looks as though I was wrong and the update will also be part of the pre-load...

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION REQUIRES 20GB DAY ONE UPDATE Zixm8hy

and that is why  i will  be  getting it digital
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down