Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classes for PVP

5 posters

Go down

Classes for PVP Empty Classes for PVP

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:20 pm

I want to talk about how the skills/abilities will translate over to PVP and how significant the weaknesses will be.

The Warlock's upgrade to the special that makes it home in on a target sounds terrific, but ducking behind cover might negate that unless the vortex field is large enough.  Will their armor level be any better than the hunter's?

The Hunter's second subclass that gives a blink strike melee can be upgraded to go invisible after a hit - that sounds pretty OP.  I'm sure no one doubts how well hunters will do in PVP if they played the beta.  The golden gun requires good accuracy though - kind of a 1 chance insta-kill snipe - so it isn't for everyone.

The Titan is the most intriguing to me right now.  The pound the ground consecrate-like special would be nice for flag control, especially indoors.  The other subclass has the dome that can grant a buff to weapon damage or a shield to allies that pass through it.   I'm wondering if their armor will actually make much of a difference in a PVP fight, and also whether they will be mobile enough.  The shoulder charge would be nice if you can land it, or will the juggernaut sprint buff to armor be effective?

I think I've pretty much decided against doing a Warlock right away.  If the Titan can kickass in PVP, that might be how I roll first.  Although I leveled all three up to 8, I really didn't play any PVP with the Titan in the beta, so if anyone has insight or speculation I'd love to hear it.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Classes for PVP Empty Re: Classes for PVP

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Warlock sounds up my alley unless I end up consistently getting on every night. If I do that I imagine my accuracy/skill will be good enough to capitalize on the hunter better.

I'll try out Titan, but I've never been much for tanky defensive type characters.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:40 pm

I don't have any insight on the Titan but I did play the Warlock PvP in the beta and pwned with it. The Nova bomb easily clears the entire base and kills everyone in it and the vortex grenades can keep people off it for a nice little chunk of time. It was a good combo for taking and holding bases. 

Also should consider gun choices for PvP. In SP I preferred the Scout Rifle but found it ineffective in PvP. For PvP I went full auto with a high rate of fire and pwned all day.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Yeah I liked the warlock on PVP too for the same reasons, and it was good team role.  I was getting more kills with my hunter though, but that may just be because I played it second and was better at killing by then.

I found a fully auto rifle that when you aim down sight it slows the rate of fire but increases the damage a lot, which means less recoil and harder hits when ADS.  That was really effective, and the high rate of fire for hip fire was good for close quarters.

The titan has the tank abilities, but is it really just a slow moving damage sponge in PVP?  Anyone?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:39 pm

In Iron Banner event I played a Titan at first. The extra armor is a god send in some situations, sometimes I survived Warlock specials with low HP. Hunters still one shot me though.

The special itself is very useful for clearing a base. Also while using the special you gain brief invulnerability, though it can be hard to judge where you might land, later skills help with this, but I didn't level him high enough to test those.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Shuntentatsu wrote:In Iron Banner event I played a Titan at first. The extra armor is a god send in some situations, sometimes I survived Warlock specials with low HP. Hunters still one shot me though.

The special itself is very useful for clearing a base. Also while using the special you gain brief invulnerability, though it can be hard to judge where you might land, later skills help with this, but I didn't level him high enough to test those.

Great info!  So were you dive bombing with the special or are you talking about when the invuln ends?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Dive bombing. During the animation you're invuln, so you can clear a base by yourself as long as you can react quick enough to kill those who were out of the radius. Also the special is great for a panic knife situation for when they get the drop on you.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I think I'm sold - I may focus on my Titan first.

Did anyone notice a difference between Hunter and Warlock armor?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:27 pm

I gave the Hunter a to for a bit and really wasn't that effective in PvP because of my lack or accuracy with the golden gun.  From there I went to the Warlock since Zak and Kenny were running them and seemed to do pretty well.  I like the AOE attacks Zak mentioned because they require less accuracy to be effective.  I never tried the Titan, I figured if I couldn't get the other classes to work for me I'd go with the tank.  I usually try them last in RPGs because they tend to b easier to run.  I just never got to that point in the alpha or beta.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I think I'm sold - I may focus on my Titan first.

Did anyone notice a difference between Hunter and Warlock armor?

The difference is minimal at best, it would really depend on what stat increases you take. Though I believe the Hunter has the lowest starting armor stat.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down