Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs

+6
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 mrmiller
S7 Smack
S7 Coolhand
10 posters

:: General :: Sports

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NBA Playoffs Empty NBA Playoffs

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 pm

The NBA Playoffs bracket has been set. You can find it at this link:
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/series/index.html?ls=nbaplayoffsTab

WEST
1 Lakers vs 8 Thunder
4 Nuggets vs 5 Jazz
3 Suns vs 6 Blazers
2 Mavs vs 7 Spurs

EAST
1 Cavs vs 8 Bulls
4 Celtics vs 5 Heat
3 Hawks vs 6 Bucks
2 Magic vs 7 Bobcats

GO THUNDER!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

NBA Playoffs Empty Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:44 pm

Are we supposed to look at the bracket or is this aa challenge picking the winners lol.

P.S. The Thunder will go down in 5 maybe six if Durant gets on fuego lol!!!
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am

Oh no I haven't set up any fantasy pickem or anything - was just opening up a thread for smack talk. Thunder has a slim chance at getting past the Lakers - we have to win one of these first two in LA.

Can anyone beat the Cavs in a series of 7?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 am

Look at the teams in the West and thier win/loss records for the season- what is the spread from the 1st seeded team (Lakers) to the 8th seed (Thunder)? It's only 7 or 8 games, meaning really any of the West games could go either way. Now in the East, the Cav's have about a 20 game spread.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am

True, Thunder ended in a tree way tie with 50 wins. The tiebreaker put us in 8th seed, but we are only 7 games back from 1st seed. The West really is amazingly close this year, while the East is embarrassingly spread. In the East, the Celtics have 4th seed with only 50 wins, and 8th seed Bulls are only 41 and 41 - Nearly a losing record but still in the playoffs. East 1st seed Cavs went 61 and 21, so that is a 20 game spread from 1st to 8th.

Predictions:
The only upsets I see happening (besides the Thunder) is maybe the Bobcats (Gerald Wallace is a beast) over Magic, Bucks could beat the Hawks (only if Bogut is healthy), and the Heat over the Celtics, because the Celtics suck filthy cack.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:was just opening up a thread for smack talk.

S7 Smack wrote:Are we supposed to look at the
bracket or is this aa challenge picking the winners lol.

P.S.
The Thunder will go down in 5 maybe six if Durant gets on fuego lol!!!

Smack talked, /thread

Go Lakers NBA Playoffs Icon_basketball
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 am

Yes Go Lakers...it's going to be a interesting playoffs! The main reason for the Lakers record was Injuries and the fact that they are the champs and everybody wants to beat them. Cavs will probably choke again...Boston I think have a very good chance to make the finals...Magic too...west is tight but honest teams have said that the Lakers have the edge over the Cavs...but they all have to make it there first. So we will see. Lakers 2-0 now Kobe 39 points off a broken finger...

these are the current injuries being played with

Injuries -
Lakers:

• Ron Artest (Left Heel Bruise/Sprained Left Thumb)
  • Shannon Brown (Sprained Right Thumb)
  • Kobe Bryant (Avulsion Fracture, Right Index Finger) he also had some knee problems swelling, but he's good now
  • Andrew Bynum (Left Achilles Strain) he's back...feels no pain but little tinges
  • Sasha Vujacic (Severely Sprained Left Ankle) Out for the first round of playoffs
  • Luke Walton (Pinched Nerve, Back) bothers him but he's playing through it
  • Jordan Farmar (Strained Hamstring) playing through it
  • D.J. Mbenga ( Eye Surgery) Out...he's back has to wear glasses like A Stoudamire

P.S. I believe Lakers will sweep or at worse win in 5
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 am

And all those manginas have vaginitis. Fking Lakers. They definitely have a deeper bench than us. Funny you are calling for a sweep when they just won at home by only 3 points this game and game 1 by only 8. We are sure to take em down once or twice in OKC! I'm not saying Thunder will win the series - we really needed to win one of these first two - but we should still make it interesting.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Nah it won't be a sweep Kobe will have to take on of those days off he can't keep playing that hard 40 min is a lot for any vet so if the rest of the team doesn't shoot 9-32 again we should be fine but I still think Durant will pull one out that kid is nasty Portland Facked up when the y past on him for Oden. Then again they did pass up on Jordan for Sam bouie lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:31 pm

I wish you luck Coolhand...and usually I'd be here making jokes, but your team is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY inexperienced at this point. You're in what they call "the deep water", so just try not to drown...don't worry about saving everybody. What I'm saying is, don't expect too much...you've done well enough just to be there. I don't see you pulling any games over on Kobe. But you never know...last night's was close.

If you get one, it would probably just be one. His first game they really exposed him...and I know he was nervous, etc. and they ate it up! But he did better last night.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:29 pm

We will see what happens in the Ford Center - I would bet it will be louder than the Staples was last night.

James Harden - butter through the season, but yep his rookie jitters are showing bad now. He has not scored a point in the playoffs.

No Thunder player had double digit rebounds in either game. Green shot poorly both games, and Durant was terrible in game 1. Game 2 he was crazy good from deep but weak inside the 3 point line. I really like Serge Ibaka - not a bad late round pick up - he's turned out to be a fairly solid defensive minded center, but we really need to pick up a legit bigman in the draft or through trades. Pau Gasol is just annihilating us down low.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:31 am

Well we got a playoff win - hope we can string two together. Durant was a monster with like 25 and 19. Westbrook 27 I think. Harden finally came alive with like 18 or so. OKC fans should get some credit for pumping this team up - we support this team like we do college football. Its not just idle entertainment here - everyone is talking it up - heard a half dozen conversations going about it in Homeland today. Maybe the new will wear off eventually, but for now OKC is NBA crazy!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:31 am

You guys needed a team. Strange you didn't have anything (until now). There are a few other states that could use something to root for as well.

Good luck!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:30 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Well we got a playoff win - hope we can string two together. Durant was a monster with like 25 and 19. Westbrook 27 I think. Harden finally came alive with like 18 or so. OKC fans should get some credit for pumping this team up - we support this team like we do college football. Its not just idle entertainment here - everyone is talking it up - heard a half dozen conversations going about it in Homeland today. Maybe the new will wear off eventually, but for now OKC is NBA crazy!
It's doesn't surprise me I knew Durant had one on him even when he doesn't shoot well he still comes through one way one another last night he was shooting horrible in the first half but was still able to grab 19 boards NBA Playoffs Icon_eek and come alive at the end when it counted with a big block on Kobe and a few big shot to go with Westbrook's big shot sealed it and again the lakers couldn't buy a bucket in the start of the 4th which hurt us big time congrats to the Thunder they're surely a team to be reckon with in the future as long as they keep the current team and expand though free agency and the draft.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:16 pm

I hope we dump Nick Collison - dude takes up space and is often terrible, sometimes mediocre.

The series isn't over yet so don't get too cocky there Smack.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:15 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I hope we dump Nick Collison - dude takes up space and is often terrible, sometimes mediocre.

The series isn't over yet so don't get too cocky there Smack.
I'm a Lakers Fan I can't choose not to be cocky it's in the DNA lol I'm j/K. NBA Playoffs Icon_biggrin
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 am

S7 Smack wrote:I'm a Lakers Fan I can't choose not to be cocky it's in the DNA lol I'm j/K. NBA Playoffs Icon_biggrin
lol Hows that working out for you? pwned.

110 - 89 Thunder! Series is now tied 2-2.

We are headed back to LA for game 5 and will be back in OKC for a guaranteed game 6.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm not worried it's not a series till someone wins on the others home court and the way I see it we have 4 games @ L.A. and only 3 @ OKC, lol you do the math. Hey if you look at my posts I never doubted the Thunder, I know my basketball I don't just watch playoffs lol. Believe me going from a 23 win team to a 50 in one year wasn't by accident Durant is a beast, Green has been a presence since he left boston in the Ray Allen deal and the emergence of Westbrook and Harden are not a mystery. You guys are really well built team shoot even sergio Ibaka is pulling through for you guys it's crazy and entertaining and I see a bright future for you guys just not this year lol. I'm sticking to my guns when I say it going to be a Lakers vs. Celtics/Magics Finals IMO. I won't lie I wish we could destroy you guys 4 games straight but if you can make it intriguing with the same end results I'll take it lol Likes I said before Lakers in 6.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Some good games tonight Cetics host the Heat tonight @ 7est and the Thunder take on the Defending Champion Lakers @ 1030est
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 am

Smack I didn't know you were a Laker fan!
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

Very impressive win for the Lakers - they made adjustments to their game plan from Saturday, slowing down the tempo and really using those bigs more. Thunder helped out by starting off 0-13, but I was not happy about the officiating. I'm a bit hung over - really wanted to call in sick today.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:but I was not happy about the officiating.

Welcome to games 1-4 for Laker fans.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:but I was not happy about the officiating.

Welcome to games 1-4 for Laker fans.
Ditto my friend it was so frustrating.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 am

Back to OKC tonight - should be a good one - the Ford Center will be crazy loud.

From my email yesterday:
Game Six vs. the Lakers starts at 8:30 p.m. Friday. Fill Up the Ford will take place outside the arena starting at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow. The final one hundred pairs of Loud City tickets will be made available. Twenty-five pairs of tickets will be given away and the remaining 75 pairs will be available for purchase. In addition, a big screen outside the Ford Center will broadcast Game Six to the public. It’s being broadcast on FOX Sports OK (37, 722) and on The Sports Animal and the Thunder Radio Network.
PLAYOFF PARTY
Thunder Alley begins at 5:30 p.m. on Reno Ave. with music, $1 Budweiser and Thunder fun.
^--- gonna be some drunk+loud folks their tonight!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sat May 01, 2010 2:46 am

It was a good run for the OKC Thunder it was a hell of a game tonight and the entire series and I'm sure they'll be back in contention next year. But Like I said before Lakers in 6 now to take on the winner of the Jazz vs Nuggets series.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next