Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox

+5
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Sticky
S7 Panzer
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox Empty Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:41 am

Looks like MS is opening up that check book.  Kind of surprised a game like Tomb Raider is going exclusive.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Update
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox Empty Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am

Wow, color me a little surprised by this.  I am a huge Tomb Raider fan so I'm also a little disappointed. Se la vie.  One more good reason to get an X1 down the road.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox Empty Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider to be exclusive to Xbox

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 am

That is really annoying as I have a hugely expensive gaming PC and I still couldn't play the newest Womb Raider on the highest setting. This is my opinion but I can see Square Enix being hesitant on focusing so much on high quality graphics and porting between all different platforms and simply focusing on one console to decrease the cost of building and creating such a good looking game. Either way I hope to have an Xbox one sometime in the future and hopefully I can pick up this game.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:15 pm

thats a cool plus to owning an xb1

the last tomb raider was an EPIC game and  for being on the 360 looks beautiful

cant wait for the next one
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:09 pm

obviously I know that 'Septor is a huge fan (just as I am), so this kind of sucks for those without Xbox. Today I'm happy because it's XB1 exclusive but tomorrow it'll be something else that's PS4 exclusive.

I just think the whole thing is a bunch of BS. Make the games for XB1 and PS4.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:14 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:obviously I know that 'Septor is a huge fan (just as I am), so this kind of sucks for those without Xbox. Today I'm happy because it's XB1 exclusive but tomorrow it'll be something else that's PS4 exclusive.

I just think the whole thing is a bunch of BS. Make the games for XB1 and PS4.

This is why eventually owning both systems (all or all three etc...) is the best plan in the long run.  I like the exclusives on both consoles and will eventually own both just like last gen.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 pm

I'll have a PS4 in my home before Christmas so no worries here on exclusives.  I'll likely keep most of my competitive FPS on X box and just do some SP on ps4.  I still haven't played the last installment so may game fly it soon.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 pm

It says exclusive for the 2015 holiday season, so most likely it's timed and will be on everything thing after the first of the year. I look forward to it, as the last one was great.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Wikipedia currently has it listed as exclusive, not timed.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:04 pm

i agree with matt  it makes  its not good business to limit the title to one console  after so many people have enjoyed it on both sony and ms  console before and do think this will be more of a timed game as well  that later that same year it will come back to Sony.

why cut your profit in half =)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm pretty sure it's straight up exclusive, not timed.

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we've just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Why cut profit in half? You dont. MS pays you the other half for the exclusivity.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:19 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Why cut profit in half? You dont. MS pays you the other half for the exclusivity.

Exactly.  These companies have a lot of smart people that can extrapolate just how much would be lost on making the game exclusive.  MS will cover that (and probably much more).  I imagine the developers know what's at stake.  They wouldn't go that route if they were going to lose money.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Interestingly the more I read, the more I feel this is a timed exclusive. I'm ok with it either way but my gut is telling me timed exclusive.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

cough  Mass effect series  cough XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Pretty much yeah. Aside from 1st party studios I don't assume anything is 100% exclusive anymore.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Meh, either way I'm not too concerned.  I've never really been a TR fan.  I know I'm the solo minority, but I've just never been able to get fully immersed in any of them.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Meh, either way I'm not too concerned.  I've never really been a TR fan.  I know I'm the solo minority, but I've just never been able to get fully immersed in any of them.
 Did you play the new reboot?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:53 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Meh, either way I'm not too concerned.  I've never really been a TR fan.  I know I'm the solo minority, but I've just never been able to get fully immersed in any of them.
 Did you play the new reboot?

lol, was about to ask the same.  Never was a Tomb Raider fan either but the last game was excellent.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:07 am

I still remember playing the originals - d@mn tiger at the start of two ate me over and over again before I got the hang of it. I love puzzle games.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:I still remember playing the originals - d@mn tiger at the start of two ate me over and over again before I got the hang of it.  I love puzzle games.
Same here. that d@mn tiger! Mad  Boy that was fun, and thus began my love of TR.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:22 am

Me three.  Played TR2 on my PS1 and was blown away.  Played all the rest and never looked back (even went back and played the first one).

P.S. f#ck those tigers!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Is the reboot one for 360?  Either way, haven't played one in years because they just didn't interest me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Yeah, although it was released for the PS4 too. Amazing game. You should check it out. You'll like it, I guarantee. You can get it on the PS Store. Tome Raider: Definitive Edition.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 am

Might be something to look at after Destiny drops.  Still got TLoU to finish and Watch Dogs.  Possibly ask for it for Xmas.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next