Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 Guys

5 posters

Go down

PS4 Guys Empty PS4 Guys

Post by Atrum Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Hey guys, as I've said from the start I've been planning on buying a PS4 eventually. Since I'm sure you PS4 gamers are WAY more in-the-know than I am:

My primary reason for getting a PS4 would be for some exclusives. Specifically fun single player stuff. RPGs, action games, really anything with an interesting/fun story.
So, are there enough interesting exclusives out yet to warrant the buy? Or should I keep an eye on E3 to see what's coming up?

PS: I'll get it eventually, so please no hardcore pushing to get me to buy it. Just want an honest rundown of what's good out there to fill my downtime when I can't play online.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

PS4 Guys Empty Re: PS4 Guys

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 29, 2014 11:22 pm

I'd say there is no compelling reason right now. Infamous is a solid if short exclusive. Killzone is a pass for SP but has a good MP (that we do not currently support).  There is MLB the show if you are into baseball and Knack for platformers but I have not played it. Knack is probably good for kids but I had no interest personally. 

There is a ton of quality indies that I have really enjoyed. Transistor is great, Outlast and Don't Starve too.  Resogun, Dead Nation and Mercenary Kings are all good co-op games. All free when I got them but not any more so...  June games look great too. There is a good reason to get a PS4 right there, just to rack up on free games lol. 

Also the F2P game Warframe is a lot of fun. Kenny and I play co-op all the time.  And War Thunder drops June 3rd. 

Also, multi-platform game are of superior quality on the PS4. Not trying to flame, just saying. 

But none of that really makes the PS4 a must buy IMO, if you already have a next gen system, which you do. The real power of the PS4 lies in the future. There are a ton of AAA first party studios working on unannounced projects. Santa Monica Studios, San Deigo Studios, Sony Japan, Team ICO, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule just to name a few off the top of my head. All with unannounced projects in the works. Once some of these hit it will be must buy for sure.

I love my PS4 and I am really glad I went this way at launch, especially with PS+ Instant Game Collection but at the same time I can't say there is a overly compelling reason to buy one. You know what I mean?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah, that's the general vibe I got. Wanted to make sure there weren't some killer games I had missed. I got Transistor for PC, and it definitely is a blast.

I'll probably keep an eye on E3 and see what is in the works. All the studios you listed are what I'm sure will make me jump on board.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri May 30, 2014 9:08 am

I'm just waiting Atrum...will be getting one soon also.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri May 30, 2014 9:14 am

I'm waiting for E3.  I wanted to get both consoles eventually, so if Sony announces some good features and games coming to the PS4 that are of interest to me, then my purchase is assured.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 30, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah, announcements like PS Now and new IP's could easily push this over the edge.  I would definitely wait for E3 an see what Sony is cooking.

UPDATE: I have been geeking out over the evidence of a Demon's Souls exclusive sequel/spin off called Project Beast.  Small tidbits have been leaked and if true, this would be enough for me to buy a PS4 by it's self.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Makes me excited for e3. Already under 2 weeks away.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri May 30, 2014 5:22 pm

One of the main games I was looking forward to was delayed (again) until 2015 (The Order).   I'm also looking forward to Last of Us reboot and hopefully being able to play previous PS games on the PS4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down