Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC...

3 posters

Go down

The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC... Empty The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 am

Ok, so there have been miscellaneous bugs/issues that have hit the game on PC but from what I can tell very few of them are game breaking, just annoying (although some quest bugs are bad).  Anyways, now apparently it's been discovered that there is duping going on.  This is something that if it were to happen on the Xbox One version, would stop me from playing instantly.  I very much hope that these things are ironed out before the console release.

From a reddit post...

Some of you may already be aware, but a game breaking bug has hit ESO that allows characters to duplicate stacks of materials in their bank. It is so simple, in fact, that it is possible to do it by pure accident. I will not explain this exploit, but it is the first result of googling "ESO Item Dupe".  Players in full legendary gear, billions of gold (From duping mats and selling them to vendors over and over), and so much more. Money, items, etc is completely worthless.
People are completely panicking that Zenimax will have to drop a nuke, but nobody knows what they can do to fix the problem. The closest I have ever seen to this bad was GW2, but it was stopped way quicker and ArenaNet doesn't mess around and banned everyone involved.
Unfortunately this bug has been well known for over a week now (Actually, since launch!) and it's ramifications are so bad that there may be no way to really recover without something drastic. I believe simply banning people isn't enough.

Sure enough, I searched "ESO Item Dupe" and the first result was...

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC... Empty Re: The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC...

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 am

That is a very ugly bug to have, especially in a MMO.  I saw articles stating that this bug was even discovered and reported during beta, so I don't know why they chose not to fix something so game breaking before official release... maybe they weren't paying attention?  It looks like they finally fixed the issue, but I wonder how they will deal with the players who were exploiting this and how they will deal with the effect it has on the market.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC... Empty Re: The ONE positive thing to getting ESO months after the PC...

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 pm

d@mn that sucks.  I doubt it will be an issue on consoles, but we will see.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down