Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Superiority Mode

4 posters

Go down

Air Superiority Mode Empty Air Superiority Mode

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Since I picked up Premium I decided to give the Air Superiority mode a go today.  I played two maps and lost interest after that because I'm such a TERRIBLE pilot.  I'd be up for possibly trying it again if we could get a group of S7 together and if I unlock some more aircraft equipment/features.  I'm not sure if you get to use all your unlocks on the choppers and jets, but I think it would be beneficial to have more stuff unlocked in case I can.  

The basic idea behind the mode is conquest, except the "bases" you cap are in the air.  There's 1-3 stationary blimps on the map that serve as bases.  In order to cap the base, you have to stay in the airspace around the blimp for a short period of time.  From what I can tell, you can stray from the base while capping and if you come back quickly you should be able to pick up where you left off capping.  I'm not exactly sure how long you have to return to the base, since I didn't test this.  Other than bases in the air (and the ejector seats being disabled so you can't leave the aircraft), the game plays just like conquest.  From what I can tell, the maps are either all choppers or all jets.  The chopper map that I played was just 2 person attack choppers (you could spawn two to a chopper), so I don't know if any of the other choppers get used on one of the other maps.  Also, this is part of the China Rising DLC, so the maps you play are just the 4 China Rising maps (you just play in the airspace above those maps). 

The first map I played was a jet map.  It was larger and more open, allowing for room to speed around and dogfight with the jets.  The map had three bases that if I remember right were in a line along the middle of the map, with the bases all being equidistant from the two spawn points.  I found that I was able to cap the bases by doing loops around the base and that I could cap a base in 1.5-2 loops, depending upon how tight I made my loops.  

The second map I played was the chopper map.  It was a smaller map that had one base in the middle that was positioned between two mountains that were like towers.  I never got a chance to try and cap this base, because I kept either getting shot down or I'd get shot up and end up losing controls or something, causing me to crash into one of the towers.  I struggled the most with this map, mainly because I fly the worst in the attack choppers.

Overall, there was a couple minutes of novelty fun for each of the maps, but I probably won't play it again unless I can get a group of S7 guys together to play with.  Even then, I think it will have the same enjoyment level as playing soccer on Forza, something that we'll do at the end of the night to wind down, but probably not much more than that.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Air Superiority Mode Empty Re: Air Superiority Mode

Post by S7 Zalacious Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 pm

I forget what console you are on.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:41 am

S7 Zalacious wrote:I forget what console you are on.
PS4.  This mode would probably be right up your alley.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 am

I get way more kills with planes in conquest but I still enjoy the mode. The helicopter one us my favorite.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 pm

I've played the jet one a number of times and do fairly well.  It did help me level up my plane unlocks some, but gets boring flying in circles.  The ceiling is also far too low.

Never did a heli map but that sounds fun.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah, like Puppet, I am terrible at flying in this game so I have avoided that gamemode as well.  I think I am gonna get premium here pretty soon tho.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down