Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)?

+7
KCCO Stevo
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
S7 COOP
S7 mrmiller
S7 Sticky
OneBadHuskerFan
11 posters

Go down

Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)? Empty Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm not sure if I will.  Maybe the first time just to say I did, but from what I can tell there's no benefit at all to regenerating in the game other than getting a tiny boost to XP earned in games (which really makes no sense since you'll be 50 anyways).

In case you're not familiar with Regeneration, here's how it'll work...

Titanfall Regeneration | Prestige Guide Revealed

Also...

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All Challenges will be reset. However, you will earn XP at an accelerated rate of [XP RATE] as a [NEXT GEN NUMERIC] gen Pilot. You will retain your Burn Card collection, and the Ogre and Stryder Titans if you unlocked them. You will get a unique chip indicating to others your Gen status.

The [XP RATE] will display as the following:

Going from Gen 1 to 2 = 110%
Gen 2 to 3 = 120%
Gen 3 to 4 = 130%
Gen 4 to 5 = 150%
Gen 5 to 6 = 180%
Gen 6 to 7 = 210%
Gen 7 to 8 = 250%
Gen 8 to 9 = 290%
Gen 9 to 10 = 350%
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)? Empty Re: Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)?

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm

im going to   i had no plans on stopping the game gets old when you lose the rewards 
just like in cod ill max that b1tch out
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)? Empty Re: Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)?

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 pm

I'll do it once for sure, but most likely that will be it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 am

I'm with sticky, i didn't prestige in black ops but twice and i tell ya... playing and being losing all that xp and never earning new stuff or completing challenges and not getting the 10,000 extra xp. got boring quick.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:59 am

From what I am reading regenerating takes more than just having the level/xp there are some challenges that have to be completed to regenerate and some of the ones for the high level regenerator a are crazy hard because they don't even take "skill" to do more by chance type stuff.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 am

S7 OC wrote:From what I am reading regenerating takes more than just having the level/xp there are some challenges that have to be completed to regenerate and some of the ones for the high level regenerator a are crazy hard because they don't even take "skill" to do more by chance type stuff.

Yep, once you get up in the levels it's pretty crazy some of the stuff that has to be done to advance.  For anybody that wants to see what is required the requirements are in the link in the OP.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 am

S7 COOP wrote:I'm with sticky, i didn't prestige in black ops but twice and i tell ya... playing and being losing all that xp and never earning new stuff or completing challenges and not getting the 10,000 extra xp. got boring quick.

I guess the main thing for me is that in Titanfall you don't earn any new stuff.  There are zero rewards for regenerating other than quicker XP.  If they had some sort of carrot to go after it would be much more enticing.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm

done with 10 hours of game play
Do you plan on "Regenerating" (Prestige)? Photo_zpsad4f8043
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Sure.  Why not?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 pm

I sure will. Playing BF3 for all of that time with no system like this, heck, even BF4 on pc unlocking everything and nothing else to go for made the game get old quick
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

GamerTag : KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Got there last night. Last couple levels were very slow.   Now without the kit I'm used to it is very difficult/challenging.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 am

So then are you playing it because it is fun or because you have to fill up the Xp bar? Not trolling just curious. I miss the days of cod when there was no xp, no challenges, no leaderboards. Just friends and winning.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am

Evol Recovery wrote:So then are you playing it because it is fun or because you have to fill up the Xp bar? Not trolling just curious. I miss the days of cod when there was no xp, no challenges, no leaderboards. Just friends and winning.
i mean i like to compete in games. and other than sticky, i like to see who i can rank up faster than, or get a camo before anyone else. It's more of a a personal competition.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 am

Evol Recovery wrote:So then are you playing it because it is fun or because you have to fill up the Xp bar? Not trolling just curious. I miss the days of cod when there was no xp, no challenges, no leaderboards. Just friends and winning.
Some people are completionists.  They want to collect every item, skill, rank, etc and that's how they get enjoyment out of a game.  Not saying that's the reason for the people here as there could be other reasons, but just stating a reason.  I find myself to be a completionist at times, but mostly when playing RPGs.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am

It's definitely a fun game. I don't really care much about leveling at all and it's always a nice surprise when I get a new weapon/ability.

That being said, the leveling up, challenges, etc don't take away from the game in any way. If you miss the days before those challenges, don't worry about them. I don't at all.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

As I said in the post directly before this, it makes it more challenging.  Rolling Eyes
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

To each their own.  I understand both sides.  Some gamers want that challenge, some don't care about it unless there are significant rewards for doing so (see me).  I have no issues with anybody doing it or not, I just wish there was more of a reason to entice me to do so...if I ever get to level 50, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KCCO Stevo Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 pm

I am what you can call an Achievement Whore myself haha. I like the Regenerate system for both sides I guess. It extends the play-ability a bit longer for me because I like to unlock things and make progress and then I also like to 100% something. You are talking to the guy that the first major achievement I worked for an succeeded in first try for GTA4 was to 100% the game in under 24 hours. lol.
KCCO Stevo
KCCO Stevo

GamerTag : KCCO Stevo

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:23 pm

I can definitely get competitive when playing even though lately I have been much more relaxed.  I like unlocking stuff and working towards a goal but I have never been a fan of "prestige-ing" personally.  Like Husker mentioned, I think it comes down to rewards for me.  I like maxing out my character the first go round but I am not doing it again just for a new symbol.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I can definitely get competitive when playing even though lately I have been much more relaxed.  I like unlocking stuff and working towards a goal but I have never been a fan of "prestige-ing" personally.  Like Husker mentioned, I think it comes down to rewards for me.  I like maxing out my character the first go round but I am not doing it again just for a new symbol.
Is that why you never prestiged in CoD? lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 pm

gen 3 bitches XD
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:05 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I can definitely get competitive when playing even though lately I have been much more relaxed.  I like unlocking stuff and working towards a goal but I have never been a fan of "prestige-ing" personally.  Like Husker mentioned, I think it comes down to rewards for me.  I like maxing out my character the first go round but I am not doing it again just for a new symbol.
Is that why you never prestiged in CoD? lol
Yep, and I actually liked being non-prestige lvl 55.  The problem with 10th lvl prestige is that either people think you glitch or that you are really good, but a lvl 55 normal is a bit of a mystery.  It was impossible to guess my skill level just from looking at my rank.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm

I did the same thing when it first came out. I enjoy doing 1 prestige though. I find that's my tolerance (generally) for running through all the levels. 

CoD Ghosts was actually really nice because you could keep prestiging and never have an issue with not having a certain gun until level XX. I'll keep prestiging there forever as it doesnt effect my gameplay.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Ghosts took away the "why not", but it also took away much of the challenge.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Hmm, I never really saw the a prestige as a challenge. I almost always used one of the first guns you get as my 'go-to' weapon so aside from the first few levels it was the same thing in general.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down